Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Wireless Headphones

Can anyone recommend some wireless/bluetooth headphones?

I am looking for a pair of over-ear ones - I am convinced I would lose a pair of earbuds (I lose them when they have wires). Probably looking at spending between £100-£200.

Comments

• What phone do you have? 
  • I have a pair.of Bose quiet comforts which are really good. All down to personal choice at the end of the day. 
  • sony  wh-ch510  £40 GREAT
  • Noise cancelling ones for under £100 ? I tried them once. They were great.
  • I've got some Sony ones, these might fit the bill https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/headband-headphones/wh-xb700
  • AKG are very good. N60NC, wireless but also come with a wire if you let them go flat.
  • Can anyone recommend some wireless/bluetooth headphones?

I am looking for a pair of over-ear ones - I am convinced I would lose a pair of earbuds (I lose them when they have wires). Probably looking at spending between £100-£200.
    When you say 'over ear' you looking for the proper clumpy-style headphones or the ear buds that have the hook over your ear?
  • If you can pick up a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3 on the cheap that would be a good purchase. Last years model, but excellent 
  • sony  wh-ch510  £40 GREAT

Was going to recommend these until I saw you want to spend a lot more.  I have pair of these and they are excellent value for money and love them.
  • Sponsored links:

• Rothko said:
    What phone do you have? 
    Moto G8 
  • Can anyone recommend some wireless/bluetooth headphones?

When you say 'over ear' you looking for the proper clumpy-style headphones or the ear buds that have the hook over your ear?
    Clumpy ones - I find the ear clips really uncomfortable
  • Rothko said:
    If you can pick up a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3 on the cheap that would be a good purchase. Last years model, but excellent 
    I have these and they are excellent, so if you can get a deal then I recommend them
  • Rothko said:
    If you can pick up a pair of the Sony WH1000XM3 on the cheap that would be a good purchase. Last years model, but excellent 
    Beat me to it, great headphones
  • Did not know that people still listen to the wireless, let alone with headphones.
  • Price of some of these headphones is unreal!
  • £200 for a pair of earphones??? 

The worlds gone mad 
  • I have Plantronics SPRO 16 and absolutely love them. 
  • I have some Sennheiser ones - find them really good - can walk around house and garden and listen to music/radio without annoying anyone else.  I had them for 10+ years then the battery finally gave up; just got new batteries, so very good value.
  • Can we have the "earphones" vs "headphones" debate 
  • Sponsored links:

• Can we have the "earphones" vs "headphones" debate 
    Earphones for activity based stuff, headphones for everything else 
  • Ah, but that's the point: with wireless ones you can have headphones and be active (as long as within reach of the base station, and activity doesn't risk headphones flying off). 
  • TeslaGirl said:
    Ah, but that's the point: with wireless ones you can have headphones and be active (as long as within reach of the base station, and activity doesn't risk headphones flying off). 
    Nah the sweat build up, weight and overheating around the ear cups are massive turn offs for me when wearing headphones for activities.

Also I like being able to pop in just one ear phone when running etc so I'm not entirely oblivious to traffic etc.

The worlds gone mad 
    You're not wrong, 15 years ago you could have got a top of the range Klipsch pair for under £100.

The mad thing is most people listen to compressed music anyway, mp3s and various streamed formats.

Noise canceling will add a wedge too, it's an expensive tech as the headphones need to contain microphones.
  • earbuds but i have enacfire cheapys off amazon prefer them to airpods
  • Dazzler21 said:
    TeslaGirl said:
    Ah, but that's the point: with wireless ones you can have headphones and be active (as long as within reach of the base station, and activity doesn't risk headphones flying off). 
    Nah the sweat build up, weight and overheating around the ear cups are massive turn offs for me when wearing headphones for activities.

Also I like being able to pop in just one ear phone when running etc so I'm not entirely oblivious to traffic etc.
    Airpods Pro with transparency mode on are the winners here 
  • edited February 2021
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    TeslaGirl said:

Yeah, they look good, do they work with android? Also once again, crazy expensive. My current earpods are Anker, so sound quality is good, but can be a bit too isolating. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    TeslaGirl said:

Yeah, they look good, do they work with android? Also once again, crazy expensive. My current earpods are Anker, so sound quality is good, but can be a bit too isolating. 
    I think they do work with Android devices, yes expensive, but I would say the default choice if you have an iPhone, Mac etc 
  • Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Rothko said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    TeslaGirl said:

I think they do work with Android devices, yes expensive, but I would say the default choice if you have an iPhone, Mac etc 
    I do indeed have a mac, birthday coming up maybe i'll consider asking for some. 

The worlds gone mad 
    I opened this thread and thought 'wow British people are rich...' as I wouldn't spend more than ¥100 (£11) on a pair of headphones. :D