Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

What exactly did we do to the universe?

Because the universe definitely has it in for us.

Yes, I’m biased because I’m a charlton fan. Yes, we’re making mistakes. Yes we’re often not looking like a good team. And yes, you make your own luck.
But how many times do our mistakes lead to opposition goals?
How many times do opposition mistakes end up harmlessly bouncing to their own players?
How many times are we seeing goals go in from outstanding shooting from average opposition players?
How many times are goalkeepers, who look ordinary most weeks, playing blinders against us?
How many times do we hit the woodwork?
How many marginal ref decisions, usually when they could result in sendings off, go against us?
How long is this going to go on?

I know, I know. It’s irrational and at the end of the day, we’ve been bad for a while and you get what you deserve.

But come on, universe. Whatever we did, we’re sorry. 
Now give us a fucking break.
😉

Comments

• Maybe a mirror fell down in the dressing room squashing a passing black cat, whilst shattering in the process?

You do wonder sometimes....
  • Maybe a mirror fell down in the dressing room squashing a passing black cat, whilst shattering in the process?

You do wonder sometimes....
    You forgot walking under that ladder before entering the Dressing Room
  • It's a gypsy curse. Bowyer needs to piss in all four corners of The Valley to counter it
  • It's a gypsy curse. Bowyer needs to piss in all four corners of The Valley to counter it
    Believe it or not, Barry Fry (I think) did that at Deepdale following a disastrous spell of bad luck for PNE.  This was following some highly dubious rumour involving a Gypsy curse, natch.

Did it work?  Well, eventually they ended up with David Moyes who led them from success to success until he went to Everton, a number of years later, mind!
  • There is a saying that when you are at the bottom you don't get any breaks. Of course, we are not at the bottom of the League but this applies to us too.

The problem is, it is about your state of mind. Your lack of confidence. An expectation this will happen that has edged its way into your mindset. You don't get the breaks because you are fragile. When you are confident, you get the breaks.
    Maybe it will be lifted now they’ve beat us...
  • edited February 2021
    It's a gypsy curse. 

We called them Pikeys and said they lived in a caravan.

It's why they were desperate to beat us today.

• Sponsored links:

• Yep. Said that in the OP.  😎
    Believe it or not, Barry Fry (I think) did that at Deepdale following a disastrous spell of bad luck for PNE.  This was following some highly dubious rumour involving a Gypsy curse, natch.

Did it work?  Well, eventually they ended up with David Moyes who led them from success to success until he went to Everton, a number of years later, mind!
    Yes, it was Barry Fry who did that ... but when he was Birmingham boss and he pissed in all four corners of St Andrews (the football ground, not the golf course).

Wasnt it Southampton who got a witch doctor into St. Mary's when they lost their first nine games at their new stadium.

Some mugs from London were their next visitors and they duly won 3-1
    1-0.

Pahars.
  • It's the curse of Roland hanging over us I tell thee. 
    Until he sells the valley and sparrows lane to Tommy boy his evil presence shall hang over us like a storm cloud. 
    So for the very last time. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 

Wasnt it Southampton who got a witch doctor into St. Mary's when they lost their first nine games at their new stadium.

I was at that game. I remember being in the pub after and people were celebrating like they had won the league. Some had T shirts on that said “I was there, soton vs charlton”. Remember thinking what sad tossers. 
  • Katrien is a witch.
  • Dave Rudd said:
    It's a gypsy curse. Bowyer needs to piss in all four corners of The Valley to counter it

1-0.

Pahars.
    Cheers, I was thinking of the 3-1 defeat at the Dell - Martin Pringle's debut
    "You join us here on Valley Pass Live, for the crucial game against Burton Albion. Before I introduce our guest Steve Brown, first of all we have exclusive footage from an hour ago of Lee Bowyer urinating on all 4 corners of the pitch. Lets hope it works, as if it doesn't before the next home game he's promised to sacrifice a goat and smear the blood on his naked chest"
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the curse of Roland hanging over us I tell thee. 
    Until he sells the valley and sparrows lane to Tommy boy his evil presence shall hang over us like a storm cloud. 
    So for the very last time. 

Just sell the club and FUCK OFF. 
    Its a curse thats for sure and its one of Rolands.

But i dont think Tommy Boy wants to buy at Rolands price.

Round and round we go,so lucky the world is unable to travel.
  • Last year we kept conceding in the last few mins while this season we are the worst in the league for failing to win after conceding first.  Both are karma for that victory at Wembley, I reckon.