Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

NFL 2020/21

Comments

• Options
    I also feel like the Vikings have to see what could be on offer for Kirk after that. 
    It'll be a thin market and no one's taking on his contract without us throwing in some premium picks as compensation. Face it we're stuck with Kirk for at least 2 more years.
    Of course you are probably right, but who knows, maybe a team, I’m thinking in the Bay Area, gets desperate. A la Sam Bradford. 
  • Options
    The salary cap reduction, the depth of the free agent market and the number of high quality QB's coming through the draft aren't doing the Vikings any favours. I think Kyle Shanahan getting us off the hook is a long shot.
  • Options
    No one is paying the Vikings for Cousins 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    No one is paying the Vikings for Cousins 
    Cousins is a better QB than he's given credit for and if he had a similar contract to Stafford's there'd be market. His $45m hit 🤯😱🤬🤮 in 2022 kills any chance of a deal though.
  • Options
    For me Cousins is the new Dalton Line. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    For me Cousins is the new Dalton Line. 
    Bit harsh on Andy
  • Options
    #49ers still looking to make a move at QB. Kirk Cousins, I'm told, is a name to keep an eye on. If #Vikings are open to dealing, San Francisco will push hard to acquire him. Ties with Shanahan make this an intriguing potential fit.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    I’m useless at integrating tweets, that’s from @massey_evan
  • Options
    Bears trading for Wentz. Oh no.
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:
    Bears trading for Wentz. Oh no.
    How many first round picks are Philly sending with him?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He was literally the worst QB last season. 

Time for people to realise his good season was the anomaly. 
  • Options
    Andy Reid's son, the Chiefs linebacking coach, was in an auto accident that has put at least one child in critical condition. Reid's son will not make the trip to the Super Bowl. Was apparently drunk. Bad timing for the Chiefs. If your son might go up on charges and was in this situation, would you be thinking more of your son or your job right now?
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    MrOneLung said:
    He was literally the worst QB last season. 

Time for people to realise his good season was the anomaly. 

He was great a couple of seasons ago getting the Eagles to the playoffs throwing to absolute nobodies so its more than just the possible MVP season. 

It's an absolutely massive gamble to give up a lot for him, but I think that's more for his questioned personality rather than as a quarterback as he's definitely got a lot of ability.

Apt it's the Bears as he kind of seems like the modern Jay Cutler with all that comes with him from not really being liked, and swining from not many in the league better, to absolute dog shit.

With the Bears in that those range of picks where they aren't going to get a top QB in the draft, and a team that could definitely be a deep playoff contender with good QB play, I kind of think why not.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Chris Wessling, from the Around the NFL podcast, has lost his battle with cancer, really sad news. 
  • Options
    se9addick said:
    Chris Wessling, from the Around the NFL podcast has lost his battle with cancer, really sad news. 
    Ah fuck, that is terrible news. 
  • Options
    46 no age at all. 
  • Options
    Ok. So what is everyone’s predictions for tonight. 

I am going Tampa by 5
    Brady MVP
    Me falling asleep during half time show. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    46 no age at all. 
    He really didn't sound good the last couple of appearances on the pod. Just a tragic story all round, got to feel for Lakisha and their son, not sure how the others will manage to work tonight as well. 
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:
    Ok. So what is everyone’s predictions for tonight. 

I am going Tampa by 5
    Brady MVP
    Me falling asleep during half time show. 

Chiefs, by 7 
    Key to my success is trying to sleep for a couple of hours after the Man City/Liverpool match before getting into wings, ribs and beer. Have most of tomorrow off of work. 
  • Options
    Brady wins 
    MVP
    Retires

I wanna make THAT movie!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Sorry to hear about Chris Wessling, awful for his family. I'll go 35-28 Chiefs, should have too much overall for the Bucs in my view.
  • Options
    For once I really don't care who wins. Just hope it's a good game. 

Don't really want the Chiefs to win as can see a dynasty developing. Brady winning and retiring would be a great story. 

I think the Chiefs will win, but all their wins at the end of the season were close. Tampa achieve a lot of turnovers and they could win if that continues. 
  • Options
    Bucs to win in a close one, the deciding factor being a ropey penalty flag late in the game that seals it for them. 

Personally I hope the Chiefs slaughter them
  • Options
    Hope you guys that think the Bucs will win tonight have put some money on, they are relatively decent odds at the moment.
  • Options
    Bucs to win, TB12 to cement his legacy as the greatest to ever play the game, Gronk to have less than 5 receptions but a TD
  • Options
    The Wesseling news is gutting, since WFH I've found that I've dropped off my podcast listening absolutely loads without the commute etc but Around the NFL is the one that has made the cut and I've listened to basically every episode regardless, and have done for like 6/7 years it feels like. Saw the live show in Shoreditch a few years back when they were over in London.

After the Championship games I thought the Chiefs would absolutely destroy the Bucs, and since then I've shifted slightly towards the Bucs, but I feel that's probably just getting sucked into the media obviously hyping it up as a great game (which is definitely is), but I'm going to go back with my initial thoughts that Mahomes is just far too good, as great as Brady is still. Chiefs by 10+ (nearly brave enough to say 14+)

• Options
    The Chiefs can start slowly though. Only so many times Mahomes can come back from 10 plus points down. 

• Options
    MrOneLung said:
    The Chiefs can start slowly though. Only so many times Mahomes can come back from 10 plus points down. 

Feels like people have been trying to write them off a lot this year, "they have to keep coming from behind", "they are only just winning games". Even last year it seemed as though a lot of people were favouring the 9ers. Yet here they are and I won't be writing them off. 

I also hope that known cheater TB12 doesn't win another ring.  :p
  • Options
    All reason and logic suggests the Chiefs, to me. And I really hope it is, if only so Mahomes can potentially join Brady in the conversation as the GOAT twenty years down the line.
  • Options
    Though Brady is a class act in a class team and the Bucs are there on merit, I think the narrative coming out of the NFL is to make this a closer game than it should be. KC are the best side in the league, by some, if all goes to form they win it, in fact, I would say its theirs to lose. Still cant wait though, planning a nap between 5-7 so I can make the whole thing!