Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Charlton v Swindon | Sat 23 Jan 2021| 3pm

Comments

• Options
    Boom, great team! 4-0, Ronnie fgs
  • Options
    Harness? Who’s that? 
  • Options
    Amos
    Maatsen - Gunter - Oshilaja - Matthews
    Williams - JFC - Pratley - Millar
    Schwartz - Aneke
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Harness? Who’s that? 
    Academy goalie, back up to the back up
  • Options
    ozaddick said:
    Looks a 433 to me 
    It will be the same 442 as the last 2 and half games won't it? 
  • Options
    Morgan for Pratley would have been a bold call but I guess we need an old bloke who can be captain, or something 
  • Options
    Really liking that team
  • Options
    Yep as good as we can get. Now we need a performance and convincing win. COYRs
  • Options
    Probably our strongest available 11. Hope it’s a 442, looking forward to this now COYRs
  • Options
    Harness sub goalie again. How long does the concussion protocol take effect for?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Pearce dropped from the 11. Smyth and Bogle from the squad entirely
    Or Purrington
  • Options
    Is Maynard-Brewer injured? 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    Harness sub goalie again. How long does the concussion protocol take effect for?
    Probably seven days at the very least as Maynard-Brewer was on the bench last Saturday
  • Options
    Best available side  . Stockley on for Schwartz maybe at HT .
  • Options
    Well Well Well... Didnt expect Bowyer to drop Pearce in all honesty!!
    He never used to take any prisoners as a player unless Pearce is not 100% fit or maybe LB thinks he can’t do Tues / Sat. He deserves to be dropped mind.
  • Options
    Looks strong and well balanced on paper. Let’s hope they put in a decent performance today 
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Morgan for Pratley would have been a bold call but I guess we need an old bloke who can be captain, or something

You have got to have someone carry the piano onto the stage.  Neither Matthews nor Maatsen are "defensive" full backs.

If it had been Purrington and later day Solly you would probably be right. 

Unless Pratley is playing center half with Oshilaja, Gunter right back, Matthews left back and Maatsen in goal............ 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    7 days isn't it?  Probably should be at least 14. 
  • Options
    RedChaser said:
    Well Well Well... Didnt expect Bowyer to drop Pearce in all honesty!!
    He never used to take any prisoners as a player unless Pearce is not 100% fit or maybe LB thinks he can’t do Tues / Sat. He deserves to be dropped mind.
    I continue to respect Bowyer for the majority of his approach (not caring about injured players is a big no) as at least he's consistent
  • Options
    TEL said:
    Harness? Who’s that? 
    AMB is out during concussion recovery.  Young Harness covers.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Amos
    Maatsen - Gunter - Oshilaja - Matthews
    Williams - JFC - Pratley - Millar
    Schwartz - Aneke
    how i would have it. Hope he doesn't do a diamond formation. 

Millar didn't look very good when he played in the middle and neither did Williams. Forstercaskys best position is central midfield not pushed to a one of the wings. 
  • Options
    That's a very attacking line up . Pleased to see 
  • Options
    aliwibble said:
    14 days, I believe, Ali.
  • Options
    Matthews and Maatsen are definitely defensive fullbacks. Matthews especially. Would you rather have anyone else in this league facing down a winger one on one? 
  • Options
    He took a shot from Chuks to the head in training last week, so the concussion protocol has kicked in apparently.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    Is Pratley older than you then, Leuth? 

• Options
    Concussion protocol after getting a ball in his face.
  • Options
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:

By a mere two years ;) 
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Leuth said:
    Oggy Red said:
    Leuth said:

By a mere two years ;) 
    I always presumed you were in your mid to late twenties :)
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!