Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Calling Charlton Supprters in Germany (and Western Europe)

After the call from CAST for Scotland seems to be succesful, I try a similar shout for Addicks in Germany.
I'm following Charlton since 2003. In the following years I turned some friends into Charlton supporters. From the start of 2015 we are known as the German Addicks. Although we call ourselves German Addicks, we are only 5 guys living in the area of Muenster.
Our aim is to bring Charlton fans in Germany together for informal chats, helping in questions around trips to games and maybe hold annual meetings with drinks and bbq.

Our long term goal is to set up something like the Swedish Addicks did for Scandinavia for Western Europe.
Our aim might be ambitious, but let's just give it a try.
Fans outside Germany are also welcome in the first step.

Comments

• Hi MadGerman. Pleased to hear that you and your colleagues are still with us. I guess PreussenMuenster is your second team! I have seen them a few times when visiting my aunt, who lived in Hammerstrasse, 5 minutes walk from the stadium. My cousin still lives in Muenster and is a loyal Preussen supporter
  • Meunster is a really nice city. Loved my visit there a few years back!
  • @MadGerman I've sent you a DM.
  • I’d certainly be interested in joining the group. Although I’m back in London now, I lived in Germany for 17 years in two different spells (Hamburg 1991-94, Frankfurt 1998-2012) and would like to make more regular trips post-virus. 
  • I'll join. Really want to get up to Berlin for a Union game - although tickets for them may be hard to get, the way they are going. Or maybe support them away at Leipzig :wink:
  • My late Father - of course a Charlton fan - served in Munster when he was in the Army - he loved Germany - there was a big base for the British Army of the Rhine in Munster and a very large training area - great idea to set up a group for German fans - good luck, and hopefully you can get to the Valley soon (if you can get through customs 😜)
  • Sponsored links:

• Hi MadGerman. Pleased to hear that you and your colleagues are still with us. I guess PreussenMuenster is your second team! I have seen them a few times when visiting my aunt, who lived in Hammerstrasse, 5 minutes walk from the stadium. My cousin still lives in Muenster and is a loyal Preussen supporter

My second team is not Preussen Muenster, but I've been there to a few games. If you come over to Muenster post-corona we can maybe meet eachother for a drink.
  • Seeing as this is addressed at (western Europe), I‘m in!
    I live in western France with my wife. 
    However, I do have several links to Germany:
    I grew up in Germany,
    my brother was born in Germany
    I speak and write fluent German,
    my wife is German,
    my dogs only listen to German commands,
    my second team after the mighty Reds is Schalke 04.

Wenn ich darf bin ich dabei!
  • se9addick said:
    @MadGerman I've sent you a DM.
    Your geography is questionable!

I wasn't really good in geography at school. ;)
  • We are putting @Cafcmunich, @AshBurton, @PragueAddick and @Stuart_the_Red on the list. Around February, 8th we're going to contact everybody who has shown interest. We've set up the email address German.Addicks@gmail.com. It would be great if you can send us an email with your contact details.
  • Was stationed in Munster back in the early 80’s whilst serving, at times I wore a Charlton Bobble Hat & Scarf when out in the town (Civi’s) gawd the winters were cold over there. Lovely city though, probably didn’t appreciate the architecture as much as I should have, stunning. Still got a set of clay Stein 1/2 litre pots I accidentally took back to camp one night from a pub, now proudly sit in my “SE7” pub I built, must be over 40 years old, still use them. 
  • @MadGerman Immer wieder Österreich!
  • Did a couple of school exchanges to Steinfurt, not too far from Munster. Lovely area. 
  • Was stationed in Munster back in the early 80’s whilst serving, at times I wore a Charlton Bobble Hat & Scarf when out in the town (Civi’s) gawd the winters were cold over there. Lovely city though, probably didn’t appreciate the architecture as much as I should have, stunning. Still got a set of clay Stein 1/2 litre pots I accidentally took back to camp one night from a pub, now proudly sit in my “SE7” pub I built, must be over 40 years old, still use them. 
    What Regiment / Corps did you serve in ?

My Dad was REME
  • Sponsored links:

• MadGerman said:
    Hi MadGerman. Pleased to hear that you and your colleagues are still with us. I guess PreussenMuenster is your second team! I have seen them a few times when visiting my aunt, who lived in Hammerstrasse, 5 minutes walk from the stadium. My cousin still lives in Muenster and is a loyal Preussen supporter

My second team is not Preussen Muenster, but I've been there to a few games. If you come over to Muenster post-corona we can maybe meet eachother for a drink.
    Only one team in Germany mate...Bayer Leverkusen....remember your group from the liberal club...hope all is well...
  • MadGerman said:
    We are putting @Cafcmunich, @AshBurton, @PragueAddick and @Stuart_the_Red on the list. Around February, 8th we're going to contact everybody who has shown interest. We've set up the email address German.Addicks@gmail.com. It would be great if you can send us an email with your contact details.
    What contact details do you want (email, phone, address)?
  • MadGerman said:
    We are putting @Cafcmunich, @AshBurton, @PragueAddick and @Stuart_the_Red on the list. Around February, 8th we're going to contact everybody who has shown interest. We've set up the email address German.Addicks@gmail.com. It would be great if you can send us an email with your contact details.
    What contact details do you want (email, phone, address)?

Email address would do it for the start.
  • edited January 2021
    MadGerman said:
    After the call from CAST for Scotland seems to be succesful, I try a similar shout for Addicks in Germany.
    I'm following Charlton since 2003. In the following years I turned some friends into Charlton supporters. From the start of 2015 we are known as the German Addicks. Although we call ourselves German Addicks, we are only 5 guys living in the area of Muenster.
    Our aim is to bring Charlton fans in Germany together for informal chats, helping in questions around trips to games and maybe hold annual meetings with drinks and bbq.

Our long term goal is to set up something like the Swedish Addicks did for Scandinavia for Western Europe.
    Our aim might be ambitious, but let's just give it a try.
    Fans outside Germany are also welcome in the first step.

Love Germany. Lived in Gütersloh for 5 years (87-92), not at all far from Münster of course. Used to love visiting the town, especially in December for the wonderful Weihnachtsmarkt. 

Good luck with the group, mate. 

My Dad was REME
    Responded to this some months ago LordFH on the photos of us in our 20’s thread, you noted I was serving in Cyprus UN, 9/12 Royal Lancers, we always had REME attached to us.  

My Dad was REME
    Responded to this some months ago LordFH on the photos of us in our 20’s thread, you noted I was serving in Cyprus UN, 9/12 Royal Lancers, we always had REME attached to us.  
    Ah yes !! Sorry

My Dad was REME
    Ah yes !! Sorry
    No probs whatsoever mate 
  • A small fact regarding SC Preussen 06 Munster, they played against Charlton Ath U18s in London
    in a friendly in the 68-69 season
  • After 4 weeks of putting names on the list we are ready for the next step. We've set up a Zoom meeting for next Saturday prior the Fleetwood game. It's going to be just a 40 minute session to get a face to every name. So if anybody, who hasn't got an invitation, is interested, dm me or send an e-mail to german.addicks@gmail.com, please. I will send you the details.

• @MadGerman Immer wieder Österreich!
    Ich bin Dick