Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Match Thread: Gillingham v Charlton | Saturday 21st November 2020.

Comments

• Is bloody typical... Pearce and Oshilaja return to training and Inniss / Famewo bugger off to the physios room
    Seems we like to keep the physios busy, one out/one in
    keep them on their toes ;)
  • Surprised Barker doesn’t start as been impressive. Obviously concerned at the lack of a CB although it’s two very experienced pros there. Watson is going to be very important I feel, protecting the back 4 as the 3 midfielders are relatively attacking. 
  • That's a patched up looking centre back partnership. As usual we pick up as many injuries in training than in actual games...
  • Just seen JFC has a strain as well. So that's three ( + Williams & Inniss) during an international break, none of which any of these played in. It's just incredible. 
  • I saw a random post on twitter midweek that said something like

"cue another meltdown when they find out another center back is out for months"

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else and I didn't recognise the tweeter so assumed it was BS.  I am beginning to wonder now. 
  • Not sure about defence.

We'll see, but I'm 100% certain we'll concede today.
  • Sponsored links:

• That bench would walk into most League One sides, as would most of the injured players. We have a very good squad.
  • Charlton played with a false number 9 last season when Both Taylor and Bonne were injured: today we are playing with a false number 5(2) and 6(15).

Bizarrely only the very top teams do this and Lee is following in the footsteps of Pep and Klopp.
  • Chunes said:
    Just seen JFC has a strain as well. So that's three ( + Williams & Inniss) during an international break, none of which any of these played in. It's just incredible. 

It must have been one helluva training match last Saturday!

Although Williams picked up a tight groin last weekend with the Wales squad - but he was still named on the bench for their game 3 days ago.
    I guess Bowyer thought there's no point in risking him today, as we've enough midfield bodies available.
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    I saw a random post on twitter midweek that said something like

"cue another meltdown when they find out another center back is out for months"

I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else and I didn't recognise the tweeter so assumed it was BS.  I am beginning to wonder now. 

• Not watching the game today so will be relying on updates on here and Twitter. 

Got a feeling we're gonna lose 2-1, but hope I'm wrong
  • As long as we score more than we concede, I really don’t care. Love the odd clean sheet and if it helps Amos and the defenders with performance bonuses, very nice, but it’s at the shale end we need to click consistently and we have goals in us, so looking forward to this as much as any other game. COYR!
  • I appreciate the Tweet .... but I wish there was some way they could be better formatted on here.

• I dont get why some are worrying. That defense is more than good enough for this game and the midfield shows Lee is getting his mojo back. Attack is the mindset. I love the squad we now have 😁
  • Sponsored links:

• Charlton played with a false number 9 last season when Both Taylor and Bonne were injured: today we are playing with a false number 5(2) and 6(15).

Bizarrely only the very top teams do this and Lee is following in the footsteps of Pep and Klopp.
    Pep, Klopp and Bowyer will be fighting for Europe's best centre backs in January
  • I'm usually glass half empty type regarding Charlton, strangely and despite all 4 CB'' unable to start I'm optimistic.

2 -1 to the Addicks.
  • Good to see Pearce back on the bench, imagine he'll be on at some point. 

COYR! 
  • Good to see Pearce back on the bench, imagine he'll be on at some point. 

COYR! 
    Probably once we are 3-0 up so as to give him some more minutes  :)
  • This is what life's all about...
  • ross1 said:
    Oh how I've missed that glorious away stand
  • Pity it's not the Papa Doc Trophy but you can't have evrything.
  • ross1 said:
    Oh how I've missed that glorious away stand
    that must be some of the oldest scaffolding in the country
  • Here come the Addicks... COME ON YOUUU REDDSSS!
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!