Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Bands or artists you once liked that you now think are utter shite...

Thompson Twins - their music is shockingly bad and I have no idea how I could have listened to it.

Altered Images - as bad as it gets...

Comments

• Madonna - everything pre Vogue was very good.  Since then she should’ve been hounded out of music like we hounded Farnell out 
  • Thompson Twins - their music is shockingly bad and I have no idea how I could have listened to it.

Yep, got an album and saw them a couple of times, but their music didn't age well. 
  • Thompson Twins - their music is shockingly bad and I have no idea how I could have listened to it.

Yep, got an album and saw them a couple of times, but their music didn't age well. 
    Some truly awful music from the 80s.
  • Biffy Clyro. Used to have a good heavy/alt rock sound back in the day but now just make pop rock. From what I understand this is their intention and fair play if they just want to make as much money as possible but personally I think it sounds shite.
  • A LOT of 90s Indie. Stuff I grew up listening that, I'll turn a lot of it off now.
  • Bon Jovi.

Absolutely loved them as a kid/teen, and have always realised they are seen as ‘cheese’, especially where the hits are concerned but their albums were generally quite solid. I always thought of them as quite an underrated band, largely due to the talent of Ritchie Sambora. Their songwriting in the 90s was particularly well crafted.

However the last couple of albums have been dreadful since Sambora left. The most recent one came out a few weeks ago, and mostly involves direct lyrics about lockdowns, PPE, riots on the streets etc. Just trying too hard to make ham-fisted political statements but with terrible music backing it. 
  • Drake. His first 2 albums were gold.
  • Emerson, lake and palmer
  • edited November 2020
    Arctic Monkeys. Seminal first album. The stuff they make these days is just plain boring. 
  • cafctom said:
    Bon 

However the last couple of albums have been dreadful since Sambora left. The most recent one came out a few weeks ago, and mostly involves direct lyrics about lockdowns, PPE, riots on the streets etc. Just trying too hard to make ham-fisted political statements but with terrible music backing it. 
    Quite like “this house is not for sale” the song. The album wasn’t great.
  • Sponsored links:

• I hate to admit this but I feel I've gone off of Tangerine Dream. They did some good stuff, but their catalogue is too big and much of it has filler status. The real trouble is that when they do a filler it's 20 minutes long.
  • Stig said:
    I hate to admit this but I feel I've gone off of Tangerine Dream. They did some good stuff, but their catalogue is too big and much of it has filler status. The real trouble is that when they do a filler it's 20 minutes long.
    😂spot on mate. I used to love em.. their gig at Hammersmith in 85 is one of the best I’ve been to. But I’ve got everything by them on my Apple Music and literally scroll past nearly everything other than Force Majeure or Logos.

• Saw Robbie Williams at knebworth and he was fantastic. Can’t stand him now . 

I agree with @cabbles about Madonna too. 

• Stig said:
    Chunes said:
    Arctic Monkeys. Seminal first album. The stuff they make these days is just plain boring. 
    Feel much the same about Kings of Leon.  Killers have never been the same since Hot Fuss, either. I think we've invented a new category - bands that went downhill fast.
    Agree. Although I did think Aha Shake Heartbreak was a brilliant album. 
  • Saw Robbie Williams at knebworth and he was fantastic. Can’t stand him now . 

I agree with @cabbles about Madonna too. 

She's just become embarrassing.
  • A lot of people not going to like this, and its painful to say because they are, along with the Small Faces, the foundation of the music I most enjoyed all my life.....

The Who. 
  • A lot of people not going to like this, and its painful to say because they are, along with the Small Faces, the foundation of the music I most enjoyed all my life.....

The Who. 
    Certain bands just end up as a parody of themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited November 2020
    U2.  Used to absolutely love the old stuff, War, The Unfortgettable Fire, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby up to the early 90s then it went down hill very very quickly.

Oh and an honourable mention for Def Leppard.  Pyromania and Hysteria were bloody brilliant, still have them on in the car now but the newer stuff is absolutely shocking.
  • I think there are two categories really.

Bands that were good  but then became shit.

and

Bands whose stuff you used to like but now don't (you don't like the songs that you used to).

Thompson Twins and any of that genre were always shit though.
  • Most bands and artists deteriorate. You have to be very special to still be producing great albums after 20/30 years. The good songs start drying up, the drink and drugs take their toll, the lead singer's voice starts to go
  • Chunes said:
    Stig said:
    Chunes said:
    Feel much the same about Kings of Leon.  Killers have never been the same since Hot Fuss, either. I think we've invented a new category - bands that went downhill fast.
    Were KoL ever good?

Killers second album is better than Hot Fuss.
  • cafcpolo said:
    Chunes said:
    Stig said:
    Chunes said:
    Were KoL ever good?

Killers second album is better than Hot Fuss.
    Think they're brilliant
  • edited November 2020
    Eminem. First two albums. Real storytelling and anti-culture. I don't know wtf he is these days. Duetting with Rhianna. 
  • Royal Blood, loved the first album but Troubles Coming is just weird (in my opinion).
  • Stig said:
    Chunes said:
    KoL first 2 albums were unreal, 3 album was pretty decent, 4th was bland. Went off them after that. Saw them in 2009 and went mad for Red Morning Light, no one around me knew what it was.
  • Kasabian