Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Last Dance — Michael Jordan & Chicago Bulls

2»

Comments

• Their is a good 30 for 30 on the Pistons and how they became the bad boys to over come the celtics and stopping the bulls.
  • All or Nothing on Amazon Prime. Man City one most have seen, but there's a number of notable other ones worth watching. Most involve sports I don't even particularly care for but just like with the Last Dance, if you're a sports fan you will enjoy the access/stories. I've watched and recommend these:

The Test - follows Australia cricket team through 2018/19 CWC & Ashes
    All Blacks - follows NZ rugby team through 2017/18 covering Lions Tour & Rugby champ
    Michigan Wolverines - follows the Michigan Uni college american football team

I didn't know much about the US college setup for sport beforehand. It is unbelievable, they play in front of bigger crowds than the pros and are basically treated like celebrities. Must be an unbelievable comedown for those that then dont make the NFL and have to resume 'normal' jobs post study.

Moving on to the Arizona Cardinals NFL and Brazil national footy team ones next

• I detest basketball so I’m reluctant to watch it . 
     Same as me. This series changed my whole perspective of it. I always thought it was just some scorefest to keep short attention span yanks happy.
    But the game really builds and there are some unbelievable crescendoes.
  • edited May 2020
    I detest basketball so I’m reluctant to watch it . 
     Same as me. This series changed my whole perspective of it. I always thought it was just some scorefest to keep short attention span yanks happy.
    But the game really builds and there are some unbelievable crescendoes.
    Really they should just make the games 15 minutes long, the first three quested are essentially pointless (or pointlots, which is the problem) !
  • I too thought it one of the best sports docs I've seen. Not knowing much about how the seasons and results went helped for me. It's funny how you apply your ingrained football knowledge, like with Scottie Pippen when he kept going off to get his back treated and coming back on again. Those time-outs with, like, a second to go...
  • Just finished Basketball or Nothing on Netflix - Chinle High School team going or the state championship.  Really good ending with a twist! (Not giving spoilers..)
  • Quite simply the best sports documentary I have ever seen by a country mile

i thought Michael Jordan a remarkable human being all things considered. 
  • edited May 2020
    holyjo said:
    Quite simply the best sports documentary I have ever seen by a country mile

i thought Michael Jordan a remarkable human being all things considered. 
    He seemed to manage to push his team-mates as hard as he possibly could without crossing the line into bullying, quite a difficult thing to do. No matter how much of a nightmare he could be I would bet every single one of his teammates wouldn’t have swapped playing with him because every single one probably would have been less successful without him pushing them. 

The fact that he was so heavily scrutinised and the most dirt that they could dig up on him was that he liked to gamble money he could easily afford to lose when he was playing golf or cards spoke volumes for me. 
  • DA9DA9
    edited May 2020
    Really enjoyed it, so much so  I've downloaded the NBA app to follow as and when they start again, Memphis Grizzlies naturally 😁
    I couldn’t be more wrong . Loved it . 

What a player but he was a nightmare to play with .
  • Sponsored links:

How so? To me it seems he pushed his teammates as hard as possible without crossing the line into bullying. I’m sure they wouldn’t have changed playing with him for the world.
  • se9addick said:

How so? To me it seems he pushed his teammates as hard as possible without crossing the line into bullying. I’m sure they wouldn’t have changed playing with him for the world.
    Totally agree, I love listening to players who played alongside legends in any sport. 

In sport everyone can work on a skill and keep polishing it over time, you can maintain and strive for your physical best. But that extra bit that defines greatness is mentality, whether from someone's own mind or to be inspired.

If you walked into that Bulls locker room and saw those guys around you. You know a 6 or 7 out of 10 performance that night will not cut it. You go above and beyond and everyone expects it. If you can't take that pressure, unfortunately, you aren't on that level. 
  • Like others I have never really followed basketball, but this was absolutely immense.  The music gets you pretty pumped as well when they come out into the arenas.  Not knowing of Jordan’s legend from a playing perspective, what I did wonder was whether or not he could’ve got 7 in a row (I think it was 94/95 he missed), if he hadn’t have chosen to pursue baseball, or, he needed that break to then go on and achieve the 3 championships when he returned.

bit of a redundant question, as we’ll never know, but did make me think after I watched it 
  • edited November 2020
    se9addick said:

How so ? Because he fellow team mates said so in episode 6 . 
  • Just caught this thread for the first time, what streaming channel(s) can you watch it on, not seen it before?
  • Just caught this thread for the first time, what streaming channel(s) can you watch it on, not seen it before?
    Netflix 
  • Watched it this week. Incredible times, they should do a Rodman spin off documentary! 

I thought Pippen was saying under the same circumstances he would do the same thing, not that he still would with hindsight. 
  • I felt he was a bit bullying too. Frustrated that others couldn’t match his standards. 
  • cabbles said:
    Like others I have never really followed basketball, but this was absolutely immense.  The music gets you pretty pumped as well when they come out into the arenas.  Not knowing of Jordan’s legend from a playing perspective, what I did wonder was whether or not he could’ve got 7 in a row (I think it was 94/95 he missed), if he hadn’t have chosen to pursue baseball, or, he needed that break to then go on and achieve the 3 championships when he returned.

bit of a redundant question, as we’ll never know, but did make me think after I watched it 
    I have to say after attending a lot of Bulls home games (post Jordan sadly) that entrance the players make before the game is quite spine tingling. American sports stadia can be very soulless, but the United Center acoustics make that place shake with noise. Not The Valley, but close. 
  • Rumours that there is going to be a similar documentary focusing on Stone Cold Steve Austin.
  • Sponsored links:

• Ross said:
    Rumours that there is going to be a similar documentary focusing on Stone Cold Steve Austin.
    That would be fantastic. 
  • Ross said:
    Rumours that there is going to be a similar documentary focusing on Stone Cold Steve Austin.
    Is that the bottom line?
  • Ross said:
    It would be a good watch for me, as I was very much of the attitude era, but I was never as into him as the hype he got.

I think there are a lot of wrestlers from around then or the late 80s/early 90s you can make documentaries about, that would be just as good as one on Austin 
  • cabbles said:
    Ross said:
    It would be a good watch for me, as I was very much of the attitude era, but I was never as into him as the hype he got.

I think there are a lot of wrestlers from around then or the late 80s/early 90s you can make documentaries about, that would be just as good as one on Austin 
    There is a great one about Bret "The Hitman" Hart called  Wrestling with Shadows . It's quite old but it's well worth watching.