Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Blackpool v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 20th October 7pm | Match Preview, Predictions, News & Views

Comments

• Maybe Smyth for Bogle 
  • amos - gunter faemwo innis maetsen shinnie watson doughty williams aneke smyth - keep playing aneke now - the man is about to ignite
  • Amos
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Maatsen
    Pratley
    Shinnie - - - - - Doughty
    F.Caskey
    Smyth - Washington

Aneke, Bogle and Williams to shake things up from the bench.
  • edited October 2020
    Madine bullied our defense when we played Bolton a few years ago. He'll be a good yardstick for this season's back 4.
  • This season Watson has looked like a  busted flush, did he really play 40+ games for Forest last season? I guess we're only a few games in.
  • They have CJ Hamilton in their team. Didn't he score against us in the cup the other year for some non-league side....?

In any case, I still think we are lightweight up front & lack creativity in midfield. Score first & we'll probably not lose. Conceded first & we definitely will. 

2-0 to the Satsumas. 
  • 11/5 for us to win on sky bet
  • edited October 2020
    CAFCTrev said:
    Dont we have a good record against them? I can't remember losing to them over the last 10 years, and we've played them a fair bit. 08-09 we drew with them and that sent us down, that's about the only negative Blackpool game in recent(ish) years I can think of. 
    They beat us 2-1 @ Bloomfield Road in 18/19

https://www.soccerbase.com/teams/head_to_head.sd?team_id=527&team2_id=317
    And the year before that, I think it was, we lost 0-1 to a very late goal.
  • I think it will be a game of two halves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sage said:

Another interesting stat is that Blackpool have faced only 20 shots on target against them so far this season, but conceded 11 goals, quite a high conversion rate against them, especially in the last two games, conceding every time an attempt has been on target.

Time for Lord Bowyer to invoke the spirit of Lord Llewellyn in his pre-match address:

"Come on lads, let's 'ave plenty of shots."

Blackpool 0 Charlton 1
  • The changes/team I am expecting. 

Purrington to replace Doughty.  Levitt and Williams to come in for Pratley and JFC.   Shinnie and Levitt to play either side of Watson. 

Washington for Aneke.

Chucks and Bogle to come on with half an hour to go. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:
    The changes/team I am expecting. 

Purrington to replace Doughty.  Levitt and Williams to come in for Pratley and JFC.   Shinnie and Levitt to play either side of Watson. 

Washington for Aneke.

Rather we swap out Watson and keep Pratley in, but move him to the holding role.

JFC has earned his place as either the CAM or as one of the central two.
  • CAFCTrev said:
    Dont we have a good record against them? I can't remember losing to them over the last 10 years, and we've played them a fair bit. 08-09 we drew with them and that sent us down, that's about the only negative Blackpool game in recent(ish) years I can think of. 
    They fucked us in 72. 
    Not that I would know anything about that. 
    As well as dear Bob Stokeo letting us know it was personal.
  • When exactly is Gilbey due back? Can't find anything on his current status
  • Our goal on Saturday was a fluke.

They cant win and we can't score. 

• Chunes said:
    When exactly is Gilbey due back? Can't find anything on his current status
    I think it was a case of 6 weeks from when the injury happened. He's in a boot so they will probably provide a target return date once out of it.
  • edited October 2020
    mendonca said:
    Chunes said:
    When exactly is Gilbey due back? Can't find anything on his current status
    I think it was a case of 6 weeks from when the injury happened. He's in a boot so they will probably provide a target return date once out of it.
    Cheers mate. He was injured 25th September so I guess we won't be hearing anything until around 6th November. And then he'll need to get fit again. Long lay off. Hoped he might be back sooner than that. 

But then again, as Curbs as always said when we had a player back from injury, he'll be like a new signing for us... 
  • A game we need to be winning if we are going to be challenging for promotion.

2-1 Charlton and the climb up the table continues 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Washington for Aneke.

Rather we swap out Watson and keep Pratley in, but move him to the holding role.

JFC has earned his place as either the CAM or as one of the central two.
    I didn't suggest he didn't earn his place but the bloke has played about 10 games in 2 years.  He isn't going to suddenly play Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday straight off the bat.

I would imagine, if we are playing the diamond JFC will play as 1 of the 2 8s.  I would imagine Williams, Chucks and Maddison are all ahead of him for CAM.  Assuming almost everyone is fit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Great preview @Sage. A whole week without a game to train together would have helped. Agree with others, we have to start getting wins on the board. I’d love chuks to play again, but the lad can’t handle it. Expect Washington to start. 0-2 to us, Washington with a double. 
  • Sounds like you're a big Washington fan?
  • It doesn't seem like we will see Madisson for 3+ games. 
  • Cafc43v3r said:

Washington for Aneke.

Would be very surprised if we don’t start with one of Bogle or Aneke. 
  • edited October 2020
    Fitness permitting, I would love to see how Aneke and Bogle go playing together. Some will say they are too similar, but when the similar are attributes defenders hate, I'm not sure that is a bad thing. I have a strong belief that if you can pose defences problems it is difficult to do anything about you will get success. Two things that often cause discomfort are physicality and pace. Especially at this level.
  • They have CJ Hamilton in their team. Didn't he score against us in the cup the other year for some non-league side....?

In any case, I still think we are lightweight up front & lack creativity in midfield. Score first & we'll probably not lose. Conceded first & we definitely will. 

2-0 to the Satsumas. 

KettsJohn said:
    Be delighted with a scrappy one goal victory. Should be able to achieve that with a few changes being made. I would start Aneke again in the hope he can do another 60 minutes. Add a goal to his game and his confidence should soar. 
     CJ Hamilton is a good player.  He was with Mansfield and gave our defence a torrid time at Mansfield in FA Cup one Sunday two years ago or 3. I went. I thought  he would be hood for us.
    A bit of a gangster is he?
  • JamesSeed said:
    Cafc43v3r said:

Washington for Aneke.

Would be very surprised if we don’t start with one of Bogle or Aneke. 
    I doubt Aneke will start, as @sage has said.  It depends if Bogle has an hour in him. If he has I would expect him and Washington to start.  But its dangerous if Williams starts as well because that's 2 out of 3 subs used before you kick off. 
  • Blackpool might be coming into a bit of good form, stats show on Saturday they had much the better of a 1-1 draw at Crewe who themselves are in decent form. Bowyer will continue to experiment and rotate his players until all are match fit and have settled in.

Blackpool 1 v CAFC 2
  • -----------Amos------
    Gunter - Inniss - Famewo - Purrington
    -----------Watson------
    ---Levitt -------- Doughty
    ----------Shinnie-------
    --------Bogle - Washington

Subs will be Aneke, JFC & Smyth if we need a goal
    Maatsen, Williams & Smyth if we are cruising
    Aneke, Pratley & JFC to shore it up if we are 1 up

Prediction is teeth puller 0-0 or 1-1