Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Kidbrooke lorry crash: Driver dead and child critical

Comments

• That's right near Long Lane football club,  where I take my son football training. Broadwalk is full of speed humps. Bizarre. 
  • Just seen the cctv from a property across the road.
    You don’t see the actual impact on the house but do see just how quick the vehicle was going.
  • That's right near Long Lane football club,  where I take my son football training. Broadwalk is full of speed humps. Bizarre. 
    Yeah where my kids go footy to. Also that's the way my missus walks the kids to school. If it had been half an hour later my family could have been caught up in it! Not sure yet if the guy was driving like a twat or having some sort of medical issue whilst driving. If its the former then people need to take a long look and think about what this has caused and how much worse it could have been a short while later with many kids using this route to walk to school. My kids would have froze on their bikes whilst this was happening and coyld have been hit!
    Yeah where my kids go footy to. Also that's the way my missus walks the kids to school. If it had been half an hour later my family could have been caught up in it! Not sure yet if the guy was driving like a twat or having some sort of medical issue whilst driving. If its the former then people need to take a long look and think about what this has caused and how much worse it could have been a short while later with many kids using this route to walk to school. My kids would have froze on their bikes whilst this was happening and coyld have been hit!
    It was a medical problem unfortunately 
  • Sounds very similar to that runaway dustcart in Glasgow a few years back. 
  • Not confirmed but suspected heart attack of the lorry driver being reported by authorities. 
  • T_C_E said:
    Not confirmed but suspected heart attack of the lorry driver being reported by authorities. 
    Seen it reported that he was just 29 years old, obviously not saying a young man cannot have had a heart attack but I'm not so sure that's the case. Obviously this is tragic but I have seen so many idiots driving round the area too fast recently so am sceptical about the build up to the crash.
  • RIP.
    Kidbrooke have a look on the internet quite a few youngsters have heart attacks.
  • Such a sad horrible incident.
    Imagine if a loved one had a heart attack and died whilst driving...horrible enough. If there were other casualties too it must be even worse for the drivers relatives. I cant even get my head round how that would feel.
    RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• I totally understand and am sad that it happened but making a point that nothing has been confirmed as such yet and I know many people in the area drive like idiots. RIP to the man and hopefully the others recover asap
  • I totally understand and am sad that it happened but making a point that nothing has been confirmed as such yet and I know many people in the area drive like idiots. RIP to the man and hopefully the others recover asap
    Wasnt having a dig or anything mate and like you say nothing is confirmed.
    Just sounds like a sad accident. Glad your family were not caught up in it but i can imagine its still shook you up a bit.
  • edited September 2020
    Didn’t intend to upset or offend @kidbrookeaddick and like you say and I also said nothing has been confirmed either way. Apologies again.
  • Anyone know if Broadwalk is back open this morning? I checked Twitter, but had no joy.
  • Broadwalk is now open