Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Essex Cricket 2020 season

A belated start to the thread.

Harmer is a machine.

Comments

• surrey require 251 and Essex require 7 wickets.
  • Something of a transitional season for Essex, bearing in mind the departure of some middle order stalwarts like Bopara, and the ageing RTD. Khushi seems to be decent, don't know a lot about him. Lawrence had to return home from the England camp after a family bereavement, hopefully he will be available soon.

As to the match, Harmer is indeed a machine. With him in the side, we always stand a chance. Cook and Porter as well, and it's a formidable attack.
  • Khushi is basically nu-Chanderpaul, I watched a good bit of him last week on the stream, an ugly but surprisingly sound style and plenty of legside prowess
  • Like, you have your textbook cricketers like James Vince playing textbook snicks to second slip, and then you have battlers like Khushi who will grind runs. Wouldn't be surprised if he plays for England in some enlightened future where your ability to 'hurt' the opposition means less in Tests
  • Leuth said:
    Khushi is basically nu-Chanderpaul, I watched a good bit of him last week on the stream, an ugly but surprisingly sound style and plenty of legside prowess
    I'd certainly settle for some crustacean-esque middle order digging in, particularly if Westley rediscovers his mojo.
  • Surrey 99/5 all Harmer
  • 150/9

7 for Harmer
  • Essex win. 8/64 for Harmer, and he caught one of the ones he didn't bowl!
  • when does he qualify for England .....
  • MrOneLung said:
    when does he qualify for England .....
    Absolutely no way should he be picked
  • Sponsored links:

• At last someone’s started ‘our’ thread.
    i was concerned I’d be seen as some sort of bully if I were to go on the Kent or Surrey threads.
  • At last someone’s started ‘our’ thread.
    i was concerned I’d be seen as some sort of bully if I were to go on the Kent or Surrey threads.
    The Surrey fans seemed to have vanished, they're not even posting on the Kent thread  :D
  • As a Sussex supporter, I’ll come on here. Enjoy the 24 points in two days next weekend.
  • Essex chasing 196 to beat Sussex are 127-3
  • How have Sussex made such a tight game of this?
  • Essex chase it down with three wickets down! This is what it must be like to support a team that isn't Charlton. Don't think I can cope
  • Almost seems like a victory to a Sussex supporter like me. If Robinson or Archer hadn’t been doing nothing with the England squad, we would almost certainly have won.
  • Middlesex won toss and elected to bat 

Essex bowled them out for 138

12-0 in reply
  • We are without a win in the Blast, but kicking ass in the Bob Willis trophy. Fine by me. I still can't believe we won the Blast last year
  • Need to win and get more points than Derbyshire to go through to final 
  • Sponsored links:

• Hopefully they can pick up some batting points, just lost a couple of wickets 43/2
  • 44/4 .....
  • Is the pitch a bombsite? Got to be Harmer friendly but still
  • No wonder Middlesex didn’t want to bat last