Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Fallout New Vegas is one of my all time favourite games so was so excited when Fallout 4 was coming out. Left work early (was working as a waiter at the time so was still about 10pm) bought myself some beers on the way home, got my brother to install it for me so I could just play. Was left bitterly disappointed with how it turned out and how frustratingly close it came to actually being a really great game. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing it, but the story is absolute garbage and the writing is even worse. Some small changes could have been made to actually make it a very decent RPG instead of a fun action game with the Fallout theme and mechanics slapped on top.

The exchange between the guy leading the Brotherhood of steel and the (spoiler) guy who's actually a synth is great voice acting, only decent thing to come out of Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/nBv3-VYR1lg 

Hadn't got to this bit yet.... think I'm going to side with the Railroad.
    Only just discovered the Institute building.
    You're not too far into it.
    WHAT? I thought I was near the end... I've met Shaun (father) at level 38, been playing for around 100 hours. Im currently in all four factions....
    Ah okay if you've met Father Shaun then you're further in than I thought. Depending how you play it from here you could be 5-6 hours off or 20-30 hrs.
  • Anybody had a win on Fall Guys yet?

Closest I came was eliminated with 4 remaining. Great fun though.

• No, getting to the final approx 1 in 5 games now so i feel i'm getting closer, been so close a couple of times. i am absolutely dreadful at hexagone though 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I literally have no games I am looking forward to at the moment. 

Currently playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and that's decent and HUGE. Skipped so many side missions... Should probably do some of those!

Have you played ghost of tsushima? I'm going to wait til PS5 to play that but it's meant to be great

I’ve nearly finished Ghost of Tsushima and can confirm it’s excellent. 

I bought The Last of Us 2 on release day but haven’t had a chance to start that yet, that will be next.

Having an 8 month old daughter has limited my gaming time this year but the ones I have played I’ve enjoyed.

I’ve also had a few rounds of Fall Guys, which as Sam says, is good, silly fun.
    The last of us 2 is the most mentally exhausting game I have ever played, its great but it throws so so much at you. The most violent video game I have ever played (that includes the likes of Manhunt, GTA, Doom etc.) I think its just the graphical quality that makes it more so.

Feel like it would've benefited from being 4/5 hours shorter too
  • Fall guys is great fun. Such a simple concept but well executed and its simplicity is what makes it so fun. I'm very proud of my two crowns :) 
  • Fall Guys is the perfect example of a game that makes me swear and kick the air in anger and less than 5 seconds later say “just one more go” for the 20th time.
  • Fall Guys is up there with my favourite ever game. A game anyone can play. Theres an element of luck and skill to win. 

• Fall Guys is the perfect example of a game that makes me swear and kick the air in anger and less than 5 seconds later say “just one more go” for the 20th time.
    I go back and forth between thinking 'this game is so innocent and adorable' to then proceeding to shout at someone that they're a useless cunt because our team is losing at egg scramble. 
  • Sponsored links:

• alicwkd said:
    Fall Guys is the perfect example of a game that makes me swear and kick the air in anger and less than 5 seconds later say “just one more go” for the 20th time.
    I go back and forth between thinking 'this game is so innocent and adorable' to then proceeding to shout at someone that they're a useless cunt because our team is losing at egg scramble. 
    If only I could like and lol a post
  • Any Xbox gamers here?

Just finished Ori and the will of the wisps, if you have gamepass then play it, you won't regret it.
  • alicwkd said:
    Fall Guys is the perfect example of a game that makes me swear and kick the air in anger and less than 5 seconds later say “just one more go” for the 20th time.
    This and this and this.
  • Hadnt heard of Fall Guys before this thread, thought it would be something like Fallout or a new third person nuked out world

Didnt expect to find something so colourful when I searched for what it actually was - Really want to try it now
  • Hadnt heard of Fall Guys before this thread, thought it would be something like Fallout or a new third person nuked out world

Didnt expect to find something so colourful when I searched for what it actually was - Really want to try it now
    Brilliant game. I've gone from fifa and cod. To fall guys. Fall guys is by far my favourite
  • Just firing up my PS2 slim to play final fantasy XII

When I started watching videos of it, i thought I have to get this game. Shame it doesn't have local co-op - my gf and i love playing games like this. 

Been playing Rome Total War again a bit recently. Timeless, sunk hours into this game over the years (266 according to Steam!)
  • Just picked up a switch, any recommendations? Particularly interested in multiplayer games for me & the gf
  • jams said:
    Just picked up a switch, any recommendations? Particularly interested in multiplayer games for me & the gf
    Breath of the Wild is a single player game, but what an absolute masterpiece.

Overcooked is fun to play together, Mario Kart is a classic, Animal Crossing is incredibly relaxing but that's only one player at a time. 

Rayman Origins is a platformer but genuinely one of the best games i've played. Think you can get that on Switch.
  • Just started playing PGA 2K21, having great difficulty getting the swing timing right, seem to power through shots and end up hooking them a lot, anyone else got the game and doing similar?
  • Sponsored links:

• Stick with it @sam3110 it gets really good... you’ll definitely get there
  • jams said:
    Just picked up a switch, any recommendations? Particularly interested in multiplayer games for me & the gf
    Definitely get breath of the wild, so much depth to it that you can play it for days. I'm a huge Pokemon fan but the switch games are a bit disappointing but can still be fun.

Overcooked is stressful as hell but good to play with your GF.

Definitely recommend Mario Party as well, 2 -4 players and lots of good mini games
  • Fall Guys is up there with my favourite ever game. A game anyone can play. 

Just not anyone who doesn't own a PS or Steam apparently! 
  • sam3110 said:
    Just started playing PGA 2K21, having great difficulty getting the swing timing right, seem to power through shots and end up hooking them a lot, anyone else got the game and doing similar?
    Yeah i have played a few rounds im slowly getting better but it is very tricky to find out how you need to swing the Irons.I think you just need to keep playing and get used to it.I still am not sure how to apply spin.
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Fall Guys is up there with my favourite ever game. A game anyone can play. 

Just not anyone who doesn't own a PS or Steam apparently! 
    or Nintendo. Suprised they haven't done all platforms 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Fallout New Vegas is one of my all time favourite games so was so excited when Fallout 4 was coming out. Left work early (was working as a waiter at the time so was still about 10pm) bought myself some beers on the way home, got my brother to install it for me so I could just play. Was left bitterly disappointed with how it turned out and how frustratingly close it came to actually being a really great game. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing it, but the story is absolute garbage and the writing is even worse. Some small changes could have been made to actually make it a very decent RPG instead of a fun action game with the Fallout theme and mechanics slapped on top.

The exchange between the guy leading the Brotherhood of steel and the (spoiler) guy who's actually a synth is great voice acting, only decent thing to come out of Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/nBv3-VYR1lg 

Hadn't got to this bit yet.... think I'm going to side with the Railroad.
    Only just discovered the Institute building.
    You're not too far into it.
    WHAT? I thought I was near the end... I've met Shaun (father) at level 38, been playing for around 100 hours. Im currently in all four factions....
    Ah okay if you've met Father Shaun then you're further in than I thought. Depending how you play it from here you could be 5-6 hours off or 20-30 hrs.
    I installed the DLC before completing the main game. No doubt this will make things a whole lot longer.
  • Thanks guys, will let you know how we get on!
  • Anyone played Nier Automata?

Started it today and whilst I don't really have a clue what's going on its an amazing looking game with a soundtrack to match but it's really f*****g difficult.
  • Heard good things. Not played it because it simply doesn't look like a me game.
  • Cyberpunk 2077

About an hour in, there's some buggyness and glitches but for the whole this game is awesome so far. Gameplay is slick, graphics beautiful. Excited by this one.