Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• I literally have no games I am looking forward to at the moment. 

Currently playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and that's decent and HUGE. Skipped so many side missions... Should probably do some of those!
  • Went back to Skyrim. Got the special edition so I can play with mods. Unbelievable how the game still stands up today. It's brilliant. How have they not made a new one?
  • edited August 2020
    Chunes said:
    Went back to Skyrim. Got the special edition so I can play with mods. Unbelievable how the game still stands up today. It's brilliant. How have they not made a new one?
    When you add in all the graphic packs it is beautiful. It's strange that Bethesda haven't released anything new for TES series.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Went back to Skyrim. Got the special edition so I can play with mods. Unbelievable how the game still stands up today. It's brilliant. How have they not made a new one?
    When you add in all the graphic packs it is beautiful. It's strange that Bethesda haven't released anything new for TES series.
    I know. They've made three Fallout games in that period as well.
  • edited August 2020
    There is an Elder Scrolls 6 coming but it's pretty far away.

They actually released this teaser 2 years ago at E3 and we've heard nothing else since

https://youtu.be/OkFdqqyI8y4
  • Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Are you including shelter?
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I literally have no games I am looking forward to at the moment. 

Currently playing Assassins Creed Odyssey and that's decent and HUGE. Skipped so many side missions... Should probably do some of those!

Have you played ghost of tsushima? I'm going to wait til PS5 to play that but it's meant to be great

• Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm not really a gamer, but brought an xbox One so I could play Starwars Battlefront 2.
    Anyway, I have spend a hell of a lot longer  playing Fallout 4, it's a great game, but frustratingly repetitive. Despite (I think) getting towards the end of the main storyline, I've sadly I've lost intrest.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    No, what's that? I was thinking Fallout 4, New Vegas and Fallout 76
  • PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    I'm not really a gamer, but brought an xbox One so I could play Starwars Battlefront 2.
    Anyway, I have spend a hell of a lot longer  playing Fallout 4, it's a great game, but frustratingly repetitive. Despite (I think) getting towards the end of the main storyline, I've sadly I've lost intrest.
    At how many points did you give up caring about finding Shaun?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:

They released The Elder Scrolls Online, but then the less said about that the better...

• Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    They released The Elder Scrolls Online, but then the less said about that the better...
    My feelings about all 'online only' games. 

It's such a huge disappointment. Same goes for FO 76. An attempt to money grab with DLC and loot box tyoe rubbish. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    As soon as I Ieft Vault 111, at one point I was like who is Shaun?

I will finish at some point, plus I've just got the DLC packs. Tried Nuka-World and got smashed in the first room with all the guns.

It's a good game, just very repetitive. I'm forever clearing raiders.....
  • edited August 2020
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    New Vegas was made by a different developer, Obsidian off the top of my head, and I heard Bethesda were reluctant to develop a new TES scrolls game as it might hurt the revenues of the TES MMO.

Saying that most of their games have a really long development cycle and they have two new IPs coming out before any new Fallout/TES games. Starfield, which is set in space and something unannounced. 
  • PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:

I will finish at some point, plus I've just got the DLC packs. Tried Nuka-World and got smashed in the first room with all the guns.

I downloaded the unlimited resources mod (as well as loads of others) and spent all my time making awesome bases. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    My feelings about all 'online only' games. 

It's such a huge disappointment. Same goes for FO 76. An attempt to money grab with DLC and loot box tyoe rubbish. 

I don't mind an online only game, Star wars the old Republic is great to play solo for an mmorpg for FREE but with teso.. it's PS3 graphics and a hash job story,  just awful, I love the elder Scrolls games and had high hopes for it. 

• edited August 2020
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Crappy mobile app game plus a full game now. 

New Vegas was released just before Skyrim I believe. New Vegas was a brilliant game. 
  • Fallout New Vegas is one of my all time favourite games so was so excited when Fallout 4 was coming out. Left work early (was working as a waiter at the time so was still about 10pm) bought myself some beers on the way home, got my brother to install it for me so I could just play. Was left bitterly disappointed with how it turned out and how frustratingly close it came to actually being a really great game. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing it, but the story is absolute garbage and the writing is even worse. Some small changes could have been made to actually make it a very decent RPG instead of a fun action game with the Fallout theme and mechanics slapped on top.
  • Fallout New Vegas is one of my all time favourite games so was so excited when Fallout 4 was coming out. Left work early (was working as a waiter at the time so was still about 10pm) bought myself some beers on the way home, got my brother to install it for me so I could just play. Was left bitterly disappointed with how it turned out and how frustratingly close it came to actually being a really great game. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing it, but the story is absolute garbage and the writing is even worse. Some small changes could have been made to actually make it a very decent RPG instead of a fun action game with the Fallout theme and mechanics slapped on top.
    Worst part ever... "Another Settlement needs your help" 

In my latest playthrough I haven't visited concord. It's a much better experience for it. 
  • Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:

I downloaded the unlimited resources mod (as well as loads of others) and spent all my time making awesome bases. 
    I have looked at the mods and u might explore it more once I've finished most of the quests.
    Is there any point creating bases? Do you gain anything of just XP?
  • Sponsored links:

• Dazzler21 said:
    Fallout New Vegas is one of my all time favourite games so was so excited when Fallout 4 was coming out. Left work early (was working as a waiter at the time so was still about 10pm) bought myself some beers on the way home, got my brother to install it for me so I could just play. Was left bitterly disappointed with how it turned out and how frustratingly close it came to actually being a really great game. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing it, but the story is absolute garbage and the writing is even worse. Some small changes could have been made to actually make it a very decent RPG instead of a fun action game with the Fallout theme and mechanics slapped on top.
    Worst part ever... "Another Settlement needs your help" 

In my latest playthrough I haven't visited concord. It's a much better experience for it. 

Yep it's super lazy. I can't wait for the next ES or Fallout game but I think they're going to continue down this road.

The exchange between the guy leading the Brotherhood of steel and the (spoiler) guy who's actually a synth is great voice acting, only decent thing to come out of Fallout 4.

https://youtu.be/nBv3-VYR1lg 
  • PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:
    Dazzler21 said:
    Chunes said:

I have looked at the mods and u might explore it more once I've finished most of the quests.
    Is there any point creating bases? Do you gain anything of just XP?
    Nah it's just fun making cool bases. 

So many missed opportunities to make it epic.

The exchange between the guy leading the Brotherhood of steel and the (spoiler) guy who's actually a synth is great voice acting, only decent thing to come out of Fallout 4.

Maxson and Danse

Hadn't got to this bit yet.... think I'm going to side with the Railroad.
    Only just discovered the Institute building.
  • PopIcon said:
    Fallout New Vegas is one of my all time favourite games so was so excited when Fallout 4 was coming out. Left work early (was working as a waiter at the time so was still about 10pm) bought myself some beers on the way home, got my brother to install it for me so I could just play. Was left bitterly disappointed with how it turned out and how frustratingly close it came to actually being a really great game. Don't get me wrong, I've had a lot of fun playing it, but the story is absolute garbage and the writing is even worse. Some small changes could have been made to actually make it a very decent RPG instead of a fun action game with the Fallout theme and mechanics slapped on top.

You're not too far into it.
  • Personally going to leave ghost of Tsushima to ps5. Also enjoyed the Spiderman game a lot more than I thought I would so will probably pick up the miles Morales one too. I've blasted through Odyssey, god of war and fallen order since lockdown, all of which were great... Now messing around on fall guys for a bit of a change of pace 
  • Fall guys is just good dumb fun
  • Dazzler21 said:
    I literally have no games I am looking forward to at the moment. 

Have you played ghost of tsushima? I'm going to wait til PS5 to play that but it's meant to be great

I’ve nearly finished Ghost of Tsushima and can confirm it’s excellent. 

I bought The Last of Us 2 on release day but haven’t had a chance to start that yet, that will be next.

Having an 8 month old daughter has limited my gaming time this year but the ones I have played I’ve enjoyed.

I’ve also had a few rounds of Fall Guys, which as Sam says, is good, silly fun.
  • Dazzler21 said:
    PopIcon said:

You're not too far into it.
    WHAT? I thought I was near the end... I've met Shaun (father) at level 38, been playing for around 100 hours. Im currently in all four factions....