Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Sheff Weds Decision 12 points Next season

Comments

• By the way for everyone blaming the EFL, the decision to deduct 12 points and do it next season is the decision of the independent disciplinary panel, not the EFL.
    ...with 6 members from Sheffield on board.
    Pretty much the full monty then...
  • edited November 2021
    Cowardly c***s!
  • edited July 2020
    They do have a choice, and that is not to relegate us or Wigan and have two extra relegation places next season with both Wigan and Wednesday and possibly Derby starting on -12 points.
  • Bullshit.
  • Sponsored links:

• Seriously, can't us fans sue the EFL. 
  • edited July 2020
    Terrible own goal by the EFL. This will be talked about for years. Don't blame Wednesday for the result. 12 points is significant, however it is only a punishment if it affects a season, i.e promotion or relegation. This affects nothing yet. A protest coming from CAFC should follow this decision but i doubt it. Sadly our owners (whoever they are) don't give a fuck about football. 
  • It is fair for the commission to decide whether guilty, but the EFL should apply the punishment in line with its rules.
    Agreed, surely the commission's job is to determine guilt or not and then  the punishment; no way should they have the power to decide when the punishment is given
  • They do have a choice, and that is not to relegate us or Wigan and have two extra relegation places next season with both Wigan and Wednesday and possibly Derby starting on -12 points.
    Derby will probably be the season after next knowing the EFL.
  • edited July 2020
    Fucking cnts 
  • Rick Parry should resign as of today at the very least.

Agreed. How can his position remain tenable when the EFL are this much of a continuing disgrace. He needs to be held accountable for this whole thing. How can it take so long?!! Surely they run the process yet this has still happened. Scum.
  • They do have a choice, and that is not to relegate us or Wigan and have two extra relegation places next season with both Wigan and Wednesday and possibly Derby starting on -12 points.
    Derby will probably be the season after next knowing the EFL.
    I suppose if they do enough to stay up it will be next season and if they don't it will be the season after!
  • Sponsored links:

• American sports have a commissioner. He is totally in charge. He sets the punishments. He also does the appeals too. That’s what we need. One person in charge who is independent of the league. It works well over there 
  • Wigan can ask why their points can't be next season. I wonder if they will sue EFL?
  • Agree with all posters - sickened, however, Roland is £1.5m light now, he needs to sling his legal experts at this.
  • Wigan should defer their penalty and relegate Barnsley 
  • It is too late to relegate Wednesday now but the EFL have to consider not relegating us and Wigan to avoid getting seriously sued. We have different angles in this, but I think both clubs should work together. Well if we had proper owners we should. 
  • Wigan have no money for a legal challenge 
  • The EFL think they can get away with it because of the troubles both clubs have in terms of ownership. Maybe both sets of fans should get together and fight this. There is something to fight and possibly win here. 
  • One thing about all of this is if we still had RD as an owner he'd be all over this like a rash, he bought us with the FFP rules in mind and was disappointed when they didn't impose it properly
  • Wigan have no money for a legal challenge 
    Someone might take it, no win, no fee.