Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Charlton Athletic v Queens Park Rangers | Match Thread | Saturday 27th June 2020

Unchanged team from last week...

Comments

• Andre Green on the bench ahead of Erhun Oztumer though...
  • Same team. Don't often see that!
  • Good to see an unchanged team as it allows confidence for those players who performed last week.

However, as said in my post in the preview thread, we tried 4-4-2 against QPR in December and were outplayed for 25 minutes until Bowyer changed it. I’m surprised he’s gone for the same thing again.

Only change in the squad is Green comes in for Oztumer. 
  • Can understand the logic of Oshilaja over Purrington again considering Osayi-Samuel
  • From the OS :

Lee Bowyer has named an unchanged side to take on Queens Park Rangers at The Valley on Saturday afternoon.

Following last week's victory at Hull City, Macauley Bonne and Tomer Hemed will continue to lead the line in Lee Bowyer’s selection which sees Jason Pearce and Tom Lockyer occupy the centre of defence, while Adam Matthews takes up a position on the right and Deji Oshilaja on the left.

Charlton’s midfield will see Josh Cullen and Darren Pratley operate in the middle, with Aiden McGeady on the right-wing and academy graduate Albie Morgan on the left, in support of Bonne and Hemed up top.

The extraordinary circumstances allow for nine subs to be named with Ben Amos, Ben Purrington, Jonny Williams, Chuks Aneke, Naby Sarr, Sam Field, Andre Green, Josh Davison and Alfie Doughty taking their places on the bench.

Green returns to the bench after missing out with a niggle last time out, taking Erhun Oztumer's place as the only change in the 20-man squad.

Lewis Page and Matt Smith remain the only absentees through injury.

Charlton: Phillips, Matthews, Lockyer, Pearce, Oshilaja, Pratley, Cullen, McGeady, Morgan, Bonne, Hemed.

Subs: Amos, Purrington, Williams, Aneke, Sarr, Field, Green, Doughty, Davison.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ef70dc2c013c/team-news-addicks-unchanged-against-qpr

• Same team. Don't often see that!
    I am surprised that Deji starts especially as his inclusion was based on their winger last week
  • Surprised to see the same team.
  • Personally would’ve had Doughty in for McGeady, so we can play with wing backs, that way it supports the defence against their threat which is out wide, it also allows us to have enough in the middle to combat against the spaces Eze will find.
  • Has Mrs Pearce delivered her baby yet?

If not, is that why the match was moved to a much earlier kick off?

Expect Jason to be subbed at any moment. :smile:

• Sponsored links:

• Unleash Chuks ffs Bowyer
  • Thought Lapslie might have got on the bench.
  • Is this the first time we've been unchanged this season ?
  • *very much in character post incoming* If you gave the bench Deji and made them play 10v10 I'd fancy the bench tbh
  • Hmm not sure about Oshilaja again and thought Williams would start. Oh well it worked last week so let's hope for the same again. 
  • edited June 2020
    I'm pleasantly surprised to see the same team. Unusual for Bowyer who does like to rotate although they've had a full week to recover and if ain't broke don't fix it. A case of 'you've got the shirt now same again and you keep it' ! Plenty of options on the bench if it needs changing. In Bowyer we trust. COYRs!
  • Subs: Amos, Purrington, Williams, Aneke, Sarr, Field, Green, Doughty, Davison.

Our subs bench is almost a stronger team than we could put out away at Swansea on New Year's Day!

• Thought Lapslie might have got on the bench.
    New baby ..... he hasn't had any sleep for a week, remember those days?  :smile:

• Leuth said:
    Unleash Chuks ffs Bowyer
    He will. About 70 mins.
  • Slightly surprised we've kept the same side, though with a game on Tuesday I imagine we'll make changes then. 

Not enough depth up top without Lyle, but otherwise we do have decent depth in the squad considering Oztumer and Lapslie didn't even make the subs bench, and it's not as if we've had to fill the bench with untried kids, with just 2 youngsters there
  • Sponsored links:

• Leuth said:
    *very much in character post incoming* If you gave the bench Deji and made them play 10v10 I'd fancy the bench tbh
    Nope.

But at least it's good to have a strong bench after all those months of struggle. 
  • Oggy Red said:

Our subs bench is almost a stronger team than we could put out away at Swansea on New Year's Day!

Superb attacking options on that bench. 
  • I don't see who Lapslie replaces on that bench except Davison, but having only 1 striker on the bench feels risky
  • Leuth said:
    I don't see who Lapslie replaces on that bench except Davison, but having only 1 striker on the bench feels risky
    Green, Davison, and Aneke can all play up front. We don’t have anyone else, they’re all in the squad.
  • Oggy Red said:
    Thought Lapslie might have got on the bench.
    New baby ..... he hasn't had any sleep for a week, remember those days?  :smile:

Yeh poor baby dose her up with calpol she'll soon nod off 😃
  • OK well then it makes sense to have Lapslie ahead of Davison then. I don't know though.
  • Oggy Red said:

Superb attacking options on that bench. 
    It almost seems like we're holding back our game winning options until a hopefully not quite match fit QPR tire in the last 30 minutes?

• Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:
    Unleash Chuks ffs Bowyer
    He will. About 70 mins.
    Bowyer also said last week that Chuks wasnt meant to travel to Hull yet the player went to him and asked not to be left out

Says to me that Aneke isnt quite ready fitness wise for a starting berth

This is the first game of three over the next seven days so am sure we'll see plenty of opportunities for others
  • Leuth said:
    I don't see who Lapslie replaces on that bench except Davison, but having only 1 striker on the bench feels risky
    Lapslie might make the bench or 11 if say Pratley or Morgan were rested for the Cardiff match
  • Redrobo said:
    Leuth said:
    Unleash Chuks ffs Bowyer
    He will. About 70 mins.
    Bowyer also said last week that Chuks wasnt meant to travel to Hull yet the player went to him and asked not to be left out

Says to me that Aneke isnt quite ready fitness wise for a starting berth

This is the first game of three over the next seven days so am sure we'll see plenty of opportunities for others
    Yep, I'm sure that Bowyer will make several changes to freshen up the team for Cardiff away on Tuesday evening.

And then again for next Friday's Millwall game.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!