Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Peter Leaver RIP

edited June 2020 in General Charlton
I have just heard that my friend Peter Leaver has passed away. I knew him through my trade union life and he was best man at my first wedding.

I can also claim to have introduced him and his son Christopher to the Valley. Peter wanted to take Chris to a live game. I took them to a game against Barnsley and the rest is history.

We had some great away days and I particularly remember coming back from Carlisle after we got promoted. 

Comments

• Options
    edited June 2020
    Oh that is rubbish news. Peter was a very familiar face at away games and on trains in the 1990s and 2000s when I was going every game. A top fella and always happy for a chat. Haven’t seen him for a few years but still see Chris all the time.

RIP Peter and condolences to Chris and the rest of your family and friends, including you @Richard J
  • Options
    Richard J, sad news.

What Barnsley game was it? If it was the 5-3 game then that sums up watching Charlton.
  • Options
    He checked out in the early hours, not Covid related, knew it was coming but still a bit raw. RIP mate. 
  • Options
    That’s shit news, knew Peter over the years, nothing was too much trouble for him.

RIP Pete.
  • Options
    iaitch said:
    Richard J, sad news.

What Barnsley game was it? If it was the 5-3 game then that sums up watching Charlton.
    No I am afraid it was  a 0-0 draw.
  • Options
    A really sad day.  One of the good guys. RIP Peter
  • Options
    RIP Peter
  • Options
    RIP #cafcfamily
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    RIP
  • Options
    As @HandG says Peter was a very familiar face and I had many a great trip with him and @Rock Spectacle Such a lovely guy. Thoughts are with Chris and all his family. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP Peter
  • Options
    RIP Peter.
  • Options
    He checked out in the early hours, not Covid related, knew it was coming but still a bit raw. RIP mate. 
    Sorry for your loss Ian. 
  • Options

RIP Peter
  • Options
    Oh fu.....no.
    So sad to hear this.
    One of Cori Gibbs friends.
    RIP Pete.

• Options
    RIP Addick
  • Options
    RIP Peter
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't know him myself but evident from this thread that he was a loyal Addick and a good bloke.

RIP
  • Options
    Sorry to hear that Pete has passed, many happy away days in our second spell in the premiership. Captain in the same crowd along with Ian C, condolences to family and friends, RIP Pete.
  • Options
    Sleep tight, Peter.
  • Options
    RIP Peter.
  • Options
    This is just horrible news.  Pete was one of life’s good guys, a really nice lad who always went out of his way for others.  Very proud to have known him and spent time in his company. He always had a lot of time for my dad and enjoyed a great chat. We both send our condolences to Chris, his family and all his friends, many of whom are on here. 

Rest set in Peace Pete.
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP
  • Options
    RIP Addick
  • Options
    RIP Peter