Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Brighton v Arsenal: Maupay v Leno

Do Sky only have one camera on each game?
I can’t find any video angle of the challenge by Maupay on Leno other than the one from the broadcast. I genuinely can’t see how people can have such strong opinions one way or the other if that’s the only view available.
If anyone has found a different camera angle view of the incident, please post it, because I fail to understand the outrage from some at the mo.

Comments

• Leuth said:
    Arsenal fans. That is your explanation
    Sage said:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the challenge, he jumped up for the ball before Leno caught it. What are you meant to do once you’ve left the ground?

Arsenal fans being typical Arsenal fans as Leuth quite rightly points out.

I love it, their reaction says it all about that group, they mirror their fans so much. 
    These two posts sum up my feelings at present, because I genuinely can’t see too much wrong with what Maupay does - I do suspect it’s a case of Arsenal fans being Arsenal fans, but it would be good to be able to see a view of the incident that’s not about a mile away, from behind the players and shows pretty much nothing.
  • Leuth said:
    Arsenal fans. That is your explanation
    Sage said:
    Absolutely nothing wrong with the challenge, he jumped up for the ball before Leno caught it. What are you meant to do once you’ve left the ground?

Arsenal fans being typical Arsenal fans as Leuth quite rightly points out.

I love it, their reaction says it all about that group, they mirror their fans so much. 
    These two posts sum up my feelings at present, because I genuinely can’t see too much wrong with what Maupay does - I do suspect it’s a case of Arsenal fans being Arsenal fans, but it would be good to be able to see a view of the incident that’s not about a mile away, from behind the players and shows pretty much nothing.
    I can’t remember where it was, possibly on Twitter, but I saw an angle from what would be say the north west at The Valley. Came to the same conclusion. He jumped up for the ball, the difference is Leno can use his arms.
  • Does anyone have a clip of what happened? - For some reason the highlights on YouTube dont seem to show it

Arsenal fans have always been whinging little bitches, never EVER try talking sense with them about Football as they just wont have it - I'll never forget the twat at College who felt we didnt deserve to win 4-2 @ Highbury because of the chances they'd carved out in the opening fifteen minutes, wouldnt listen that we'd scored more goals so of course deserved the win - Now we're talking almost 20-years ago so can imagine they've got even more deluded

Trouble is they'll see him as Ryan Shawcross V2 and will compare Maupay's comments after the game to those that Deeney said after a Watford win when he said that that Arsenal didnt have any cahonas, he was of course right on that occasion but Arsenal fans continously like to bring up the quote whenever they beat Watford these days
  • Does anyone have a clip of what happened? - For some reason the highlights on YouTube dont seem to show it

Arsenal fans have always been whinging little bitches, never EVER try talking sense with them about Football as they just wont have it - I'll never forget the twat at College who felt we didnt deserve to win 4-2 @ Highbury because of the chances they'd carved out in the opening fifteen minutes, wouldnt listen that we'd scored more goals so of course deserved the win - Now we're talking almost 20-years ago so can imagine they've got even more deluded

Trouble is they'll see him as Ryan Shawcross V2 and will compare Maupay's comments after the game to those that Deeney said after a Watford win when he said that that Arsenal didnt have any cahonas, he was of course right on that occasion but Arsenal fans continously like to bring up the quote whenever they beat Watford these days
    I went out for a drink with some friends that night including a staunch gunner. Nice bloke, but he was raging that night. The conversation went something like:
    Him: “We had 87% of the shots on goal, 85% possession, 90% of the chances, 75% of the territory, you didn’t deserve it!
    Me: We got 66.7% of the goals. So we deserved it. 😎
  • was watching Match of the Day

Linekar
    Shearer
    Wright(an Arsenal fan)

all said Maupay did nothing wrong it was just a freak accident

• It was a foul, but there was no intent to foul and far worse fouls in every game. Of course Arsenal lost to a goal from Maupay and are being bad losers. I haven't got a problem with that, but we just have to acknowledge it for what it is.
  • Forward trying to force a mistake from the keeper and then attempting to avoid injury at the last second. All forwards do it.  Nothing untoward about it.

Social media gives idiots a platform. That is why I post on here 
  • Leno did his knee trying to stay in the box. He should have just fallen out of the box - he'd have gotten the free-kick. Maupay completely not at fault
  • Sponsored links:

• Agreed it was just a freak accident, not at fault of Maupay.

It certainly made AFTV an entertaining watch. I know he divides opinions, but I think Troopz is funny.

• Freak accident, no fault whatsoever

The running battle between Maupay and Guendouzi was more interesting anyway...
  • Just further cements Arsenal as the worst club on the planet, cannot stand them. Take so much pleasure in seeing them lose
  • It was a foul, but there was no intent to foul and far worse fouls in every game. Of course Arsenal lost to a goal from Maupay and are being bad losers. I haven't got a problem with that, but we just have to acknowledge it for what it is.
    I don’t think it was even a foul.
  • Freak accident, no fault whatsoever

The running battle between Maupay and Guendouzi was more interesting anyway...
    Yeah, classic case of Guendouzi chatting shit and getting banged 
  • How long before Guendouzi is cited for his assault on Maupay at the end?
    3 match ban coming for that bleating little twat, Arsenal's season fading away at a rate.

It certainly made AFTV an entertaining watch. I know he divides opinions, but I think Troopz is funny.

Ty didn't take it too well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMHFSj_ivA

Seriously, they really shouldn't be giving the guy airtime. It's only done to get a laugh and he's clearly got special needs.

The other blud/fam idiot is fair game though.

• AFTV is the gift that keeps on giving.....love dropping links on a work whatsapp group when they lose ;) 
  • At least Robbie doesn’t suffer from the one eye. Club Shop man is a child looking down at the floor for answers when asked questions. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Maupay is a player who is always on the edge, in my opinion he is a dirty, niggly player. 
    His charge on Leno was a foul, albeit not a particularly bad one. It seems that Leno just landed awkwardly. The foul deserved a booking, no more, although it looks from what I have seen, that referees are being lenient re bookings since the restart, see for example Kante of Chelsea, he committed at least four fouls on Grealish before getting booked. 

(On that point, players like Grealish deserve better treatment from referees. He is a player known as a threat and opposition players take turns to foul him in the knowledge that referees will not 'have a word' with the team captain and issue a final warning. unlike what happens in Rugby Union.) 
  • edited June 2020
    It is a good point about Grealish. I noticed the amount of niggly fouls he was getting yesterday and I don't blame the players doing it if it works, but the ref has to see what is happening.

Ty didn't take it too well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chMHFSj_ivA
    A shame they didn't have time to talk about the Leno injury...
  • edited June 2020
    StigThundercock said:
    How long before Guendouzi is cited for his assault on Maupay at the end?
    3 match ban coming for that bleating little twat, Arsenal's season fading away at a rate.
    No action to be taken:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53136653

Really?
  • So u can grab players by the throat now

Cool
  • Ridiculous. Maupay jumped for the ball and Leno landed awkwardly.  

At least 2 Arsenal players could have seen red for the fracas after. 

Also that Arsenal fan is bloody bonkers.
  • I'd have sent Leno off for handball outside the box before Arsenal were allowed to substitute him.