Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Keith Tippett RIP

Tippett, pianist and composer, worked with numerous musicians. Some interesting collaborations are mentioned in this Guardian article: 

Tippett attributed many of his wide-ranging collaborations to the simple fact of friendship and wanting to play with his contemporaries. 
In 2019, he told the Morning Star that he lived by the ethos: “May music never become just another way of making money.” 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2020/jun/15/keith-tippett-british-jazz-pianist-dies-age-72

Comments

• Music great.
    Loved Centipede and the Keith Tippett group.
    Will be missed but the music lives on.
  • Big name and influence on the 'progressive scene' a few years back .. R I P
  • Bought the album 'Dedicated to you, but you weren't listening' back in 71.  Didn't play it much as I wasn't ready.  Just had a quick blast on Spotify and I'm still not ready ... but there's something about that sheer musicianship and innovation that I find fascinating.  Just wish my musical intellect could keep up.

RIP Keith.    
  • Saw him play with his wife Julie in the mid-70's at some pub behind Oxford Street, along with Elton Dean and some other avant-garde jazz greats.  Memorable night!  RIP
  • Pedro45 said:
    Saw him play with his wife Julie in the mid-70's at some pub behind Oxford Street, along with Elton Dean and some other avant-garde jazz greats.  Memorable night!  RIP
    Was that the Phoenix? I saw Elton Dean's Just Us there in 1974 but can't remember the other band members. 
  • Pedro45 said:
    Saw him play with his wife Julie in the mid-70's at some pub behind Oxford Street, along with Elton Dean and some other avant-garde jazz greats.  Memorable night!  RIP
    Was that the Phoenix? I saw Elton Dean's Just Us there in 1974 but can't remember the other band members. 
    Yes, that was it (couldn't remember the name!). Some guy was playing Moog drums (had never seen them before), and maybe Jimmy Hastings was playing too but I am not sure...