Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Comments

• He'll be out by the end of November.
  • Blimey, I opened this thinking we had been linked with him and thought ok he'd do a job....
  • What a twit..supposed "family man" too.

Not a good way to impress the new owners!
  • Unfortunately super horns in modern football, "family man" normally means that they like a good spit roast
  • Kicking people in the head when they're lying on the floor sounds about his mark .. he should be banned from ever playing football again. And with a name like 'Troy Deeney' .. he sounds like he should be a plastic action man
  • Twit! Thats a bit feeble after what he did.

I thought it was Troydeeni, an Italian forward. Turned out to be Troy Deeny the fug from Birmingham.
  • On soccer saturday ATM

He is terrible, keeps forgetting players names and can hardly form a sentence
  • On soccer saturday ATM

Hasn't done Merson any harm over the years.
  • edited September 2019
    On soccer saturday ATM

Hasn't done Merson any harm over the years.
    Merson is just funny and tries to pronounce the names which makes it funny

Deeney just said the Sheffield Utd captain cant remember his name(even I know its Norwood and I am not a paid pundit)
  • I would hate to hear a conversation between Deeney and Dowey  :)
  • Sponsored links:

• Fair play to him, I don’t blame him for not wanting to be part of this silly idea. 

As an aside, does he mean he’s lost those family members to Coronavirus?
  • Well played Troy Deeney. 
  • se9addick said:
    Fair play to him, I don’t blame him for not wanting to be part of this silly idea. 

His baby has breathing difficulties. I think he is saying he has already lost important family members and doesn't want to put any more at unnecessary risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52721397
  • se9addick said:
    Fair play to him, I don’t blame him for not wanting to be part of this silly idea. 

His baby has breathing difficulties. I think he is saying he has already lost important family members and doesn't want to put any more at unnecessary risk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52721397
    Got it, as I said he’s bang on for me.
  • It's about time a few more spoke up to make the FA aware of how they actually feel about playing in the current situation. 
  • I suppose Tesco workers could refuse to go to work too. The amount of money he is paid, surely he could separate himself from his family for a month and a half. I am very concerned about workers being pressured to go to work in unsafe environments but I think Premiership football would be done very safely. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I suppose Tesco workers could refuse to go to work too. The amount of money he is paid, surely he could separate himself from his family for a month and a half. I am very concerned about workers being pressured to go to work in unsafe environments but I think Premiership football would be done very safely. 

Is a footballer classified as a key worker?
    Why should he separate himself from his family?
    To do it properly and safely their isolation would have to cover a lot longer than 6 weeks. It would have to be for the entire period of training and then the time that the matches are being played, more like 10 weeks.
    All to play some football matches to minimise the amount of cash that the Premier League has to pay back to the broadcasters. 
    Some things are more important than money. 
    Cash which has already gone out to the players to make them fabulously wealthy.

Yes I understand and sympathise with Deeney, but PL footballers can't separate themselves from the finances of football, as they are the main beneficiaries of the vast TV money coming in. No player told his agent to ask for less money, so that the clubs would have more of a financial buffer in case of hard times.
  • I think it depends on how you look at it. The policy is that you should go to work if it is safe to do so. Key worker or not. I think it is much safer for footballers to go to work if the money is spent on their safety than other workers who have to go to work with far higher risk factors.
  • Unless every player is going to go into isolation for a couple of months how can they even consider playing football. I have to queue outside Tesco before I can do my shopping & keep a distance of 6 feet from the nearest shopper together with all the other guidelines. For those who can't work from home & have to go in, Social distancing is urged. For NHS / Care staff / Police etc etc this isn't possible & quite rightly the big concern is where is all the PPE for these front line workers. Football is a contact sport, they can't change that. How many dead footballers will there have to be before they call a halt ?
  • Its all desperation to give Liverpool the Premier League title

Love how there is constant talk about completing the Leagues but the FA Cup is being ignored despite there being just a maximum of three games left for two teams
  • Whilst I think now is not the time to start playing football, and the safety of individuals, whatever job they are in, must come first, I suppose they are trying to justify it by regular testing, unlike other professions like those working in Tesco's where that doesnt happen. Doesn't make it right though!
    The only way trot deeney could safely jump to get on the end of a corner is if he is being marked by nabby sarr.
  • Clarky said:
    Whilst I think now is not the time to start playing football, and the safety of individuals, whatever job they are in, must come first, I suppose they are trying to justify it by regular testing, unlike other professions like those working in Tesco's where that doesnt happen. Doesn't make it right though!
    I had reason to ask about re testing for the virus recently & was told we won't retest unless possible symptoms are observed because we could get a negative response & an hour later they could have become infected which in itself is worrying. So as I said unless every player is going to be totally isolated ( which even then isn't 100% safe) how can they play a competitive match.