Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Entrance music

Entrance music. You know what I'm talking about. Some tunes make the best entrance music and I want to know what they are. Context is key. Why is it that "Red Red Robin" is a traditional novelty hit, but when played at the Valley could summon Zeus from Mt Olympus. What is that "Glad or Over", a storming 60s beat classic, when played at shitehurst sound like the last farting gurgle on the fail trumpet. 

Name the tune, name the occasion. Wedding marches for example, my wife's was "Bold As Love" by the Jimi Hendrix Experience. Class. Just wish I'd come down to "Voodoo Chile".

What about if you were a boxer? Nothing beat a bit of Oh Fortuna! For drama, but then again Barry McGuigan's Dad singing Danny Boy was class too.

Let's hear it.

Comments

• With my sporting prowess, the Birdie Song would probably fit right in. 
  • edited May 2020
    Welcome to the Jungle when Froch used to come out was immense

Liked Manny Pacquiou's entrance to eye of the tiger too

My brother came out for a muay thai fight at the Scala to Enter Sandman and they had strobe lights which was pretty cool.

Oasis What's the Story and Supersonic would be good I've always thought.

Loved Derry Matthew's Dignity Deacon Blue entrances, very soulful. 

Mike Tyson's no music entrance added an uneeded even further layer of intimidation.

George Groves London bus- worst
  • With my sporting prowess, the Birdie Song would probably fit right in. 
    Yeah, pretty sure Yacketty Sax was written for my running and throwing techniques
  • PS I did a white collar years ago and put my entrance music as "Move on up" by Curtis Mayfield.   

The div dj played some shite Kanye West remix and it pissed me right off.  Cringed at it as I walked to the ring.
  • I think the best opening music ever is Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet. The Smiths used it to great effect. I believe Sunderland have it too.

If I was a boxer I'd have Mr J by Zzebra. That's never going to happen though, so I'll have to settle for it as my ringtone. 
  • 'Another One Bites The Dust' for me not my opponent.
  • As I enter the Octagon to face off against Southall -

https://youtu.be/k-xOKMScaRg
  • In Dublin, William O’Connor v MVG walking on to Zombie.

Chills.
  • Plaistow Patricia- Ian Drury
  • Sponsored links:

• The Benny Hill theme tune
  • This is the One - Stone Roses
  • stonemuse said:
    This is the One - Stone Roses
    Resurrection too.
  • James Brown's Living in America for Apollo Creed in Rocky IV.
  • Welling come out to London Calling, which ain’t bad.
    However, the PA system certainly is.
  • edited May 2020
    If a Starship (for troopers) ever landed here I think Starship Trooper by Yes would fit the bill.  The closing sequence even better for when they leave.
  • Would also give a vote to Metallica's 'Enter Sandman'...….the way that riff builds to a climax.
  • Sponsored links:

• Guns N Roses...Live & Let Die
  • After Coronavirus, 4:33 by John Cage
  • George Groves had Spitfire by prodigy as his march on track. I agree the London bus was daft

Tyson with the white noise and clanging chains was awesome or nothing 

Vitali Klitschko used to have Hells Bells by ACDC and that was good 

Michael Jennings used Vlad the Impaler a few times and that was quality

Generally either go soft and meaningful (scouse boxers love a wedding song or something delicate) or hard loud and fiery 

Or do what Tyson Fury did and come out on a royal caravan to Patsy Cline 
  • My favourite combo entrance music fo a fight seen live was Enzo v Haye. 

Enzo = Won’t back down (Tom Petty)
    Haye = Ain’t no stopping us now (M &W) 

Haye’s music was more prophetic that night. Enzo may not have backed down.....but pretty soon he’s was laying down. 

• Tina Turners simply the best was good when Chris Eubank done his ring walk.
  • Walked out to London Calling for all of my three amateur Muay Thai bouts so far, had so many memories of hearing it at the Valley it seemed like the natural choice! 
  • Walked out to London Calling for all of my three amateur Muay Thai bouts so far, had so many memories of hearing it at the Valley it seemed like the natural choice! 
    What gym do you train at?
  • edited May 2020
    colthe3rd said:
    Walked out to London Calling for all of my three amateur Muay Thai bouts so far, had so many memories of hearing it at the Valley it seemed like the natural choice! 
    What gym do you train at?
    Mainly through my university club, but have floated round a couple of the London ones- got started at London Fight Factory before dislocating my elbow and then COVID which forced it shut anyway!
  • I know I know I’m an old fogey on this subject but I remember fondly the days when there were no pyrotechnics or entrance/build up music at all. All you had was a gradual build up in crowd noise that reached a crescendo when the teams ran out and another at kick off. Some of the music now is so deafening that it actually kills the atmosphere for me. It gets tugged as the players kick off and your ears are still ringing. The crowd seems muted by comparison. That said, I do enjoy RRR and other grounds such as Goodison with the z cars theme warning of the players imminent arrival is great. I think it’s the five minutes of deafening shyte between entrance and kick off that does for me. And all that electronic nonsense at the end at Wembley. Would rather have heard ourselves singing our heads off than listen to that. Crazy manufactured world that we live(d) in. 
  • ROTW said:
    Welling come out to London Calling, which ain’t bad.
    However, the PA system certainly is.
    In Kent?