Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What could you REALLY eat ?

As it says I the title, what food could you really eat? Could be your mothers shepherds pie but you aren’t allowed to go round for dinner or the aubergine parm that your favourite restaurant does or the kebab you normally get when pissed on a Friday night but don’t want to have one from somewhere else delivered

For me, proper American bbq. Smoked brisket, ribs, pulled pork, burnt ends, hot links 

Not something I eat regularly but I absolutely love it . 

My mrs mentioned salt beef bagels when I said about the bbq and despite us having loads of food in the house , neither of us want anything else 

so what would you all have for dinner today if it could be ANYTHING?

Comments

• Options
    Really missing my local Italian restaurant, like lots on the menu with good wine, and a really nice atmosphere, when we can I'll be first in the  que. 
  • Options
    applewood smoked baby back ribs
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be a different thread - a "if you were starving..." type one.

Not missing that much yet, but could murder a really good burger.
  • Options
    Been nice not eating takeaways to be fair, but really fancy a massive greasy KFC.
  • Options
    Oooh now I wouldn't mind a nice slice of calves liver.

I seem to be doing ok food wise, and still getting a weekly takeaway. But there's a decent Caribbean restaurant near my work, so jerk chick, curried goat, dumplings rice and peas would go down nicely now!
  • Options
    Yeah barbequed burger/hot dog would go down nicely. Living in a flat it must've been about 5 years since I had a barbeque.
  • Options
    Thought this was going to be a different thread - a "if you were starving..." type one.

Not missing that much yet, but could murder a really good burger.
    Got a really good butcher near us that provide the burgers for a very good local restaurant so I'm heading down there this week to pick up a few burgers, couple of steaks and any other carnivorous products I can get my hands on. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Kimchi. Could eat a bucket load of it.
  • Options
    1905 said:
    Liver, bacon with onions, mash and peas.  My wife wont eat it as she says it reminds her of work (theatre nurse)

Could be worse mate, she could work in a sausage factory (in the chipolata section)
    Don't you mean the cocktail sausage section?  You know, the really little ones.
  • Options
    Starter - homemade crab cocktail.  Alsace Riesling.

Main course - Sunday lunch with braised pork belly and loads of roast potatoes.  NZ Pinot Noir

Dessert - tiramisu; homemade is good but Waitrose's is good too and when on offer at £1.49 is too much of a bargain to pass up.  Sauterne.

Cheese - Colston Bassett Stilton and Farmhouse Cheddar.  Sweet grapes.  Vintage Port.
  • Options
    1905 said:
    Liver, bacon with onions, mash and peas.  My wife wont eat it as she says it reminds her of work (theatre nurse)
    I love liver and bacon but it seems a minority taste!
    Liver and bacon takes me back to my late 70's/early 80's childhood. Steak and kidney and rice pudding with the skin on are two others that come to mind. Proper old school food.
  • Options
    Have you ever made your own? 
  • Options
    I had liver this weekend, I regular cook it in stir fries, either pigs or lambs liver will do.  Cheap and good for you!
  • Options
    Much as I like my food, I don't crave any dish in particular.

A cosy pub with a range of interesting real ales on the other hand...
  • Options
    edited April 2020

No, although have just been to look it up. Seems pretty straight forward so may give it a go.

Edited to say apologies, I should have asked if you'd made your own?

• Sponsored links:

• Options

No, although have just been to look it up. Seems pretty straight forward so may give it a go.
    It’s really easy, my mum makes it using the Gochujang chilli paste from Morrisons 

Ajumma Republic Korean Hot Red Pepper Paste
  • Options
    Meat Free Monday on BBC Daily Kitchen.
    Plenty of healthy wholesome stuff on their.

I really do miss a beer on Fridays with my workmates in the Lord John Russell, Marchmont Street. One of the best pubs I know of.
  • Options
    I'd love a chinese but none are delivering round our way. 

Looking forward to a big bucket of KFC when the opportunity arises too 
  • Options
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-52352944

Sales of Bachelors Super Noodles, Smash instant mash potato and Loyd Grossman sauces have jumped as people stock up on in-store cupboard items during the lockdown, Premier Foods has said.
  • Options
    I'd love some nasi goreng with spicy dog.
  • Options
    Much as I like my food, I don't crave any dish in particular.

A cosy pub with a range of interesting real ales on the other hand...
    Is your real name John?
  • Options
    1905 said:
    I love liver and bacon but it seems a minority taste!
    Generational thing I think.

• Options
    It’s not any single food - it’s the range. My girlfriend and I like trying new things, testing out new restaurants. That’s what I miss the most. A Japanese or Thai that we’ve not heard of before, or finding a new tapas place! I like anywhere that does multiple dishes as a meal basically. 
  • Options
    My mum's welsh cakes.
  • Options
    Pangolin scales and bat cheeks on toast. Mmmmm