Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Anyone heard the new Ray Lamontange and Lily Allen albums?

Points out of 10?

Comments

• or Lady Gaga's which was out today ?
  • Not heard Lily Allen yet. Didnt think it had leaked yet. Lamontagne I'd give a 7. Im a big fan but it's not a patch on Till the sun turns black.
  • not heard the new Ray Lamontagne material, just loads of people txting/emailing Chris Evans' programme the other day slating it. Never been inclined to take anything he or any of his followers says seriously though!
  • Both shit
  • Heard the single "You are best thing" on the radio and really liked it although very upbeat poppy sound.

Album also has a track called "Henry Nearly Killed Me (It's a Shame)" which I think is a bit harsh : - )
  • Thats probably the best song on there. Real blues number.

Have you listened to them both Shag or just offering a mature intelligent opinion on nothing?
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Thats probably the best song on there. Real blues number.

Have you listened to them both Shag or just offering a mature intelligent opinion on nothing?

OK, will try and download them. Greg, what was the name of that other band you recommended again?
  • Midlake. The album is called The Trials of Van Occupanther
  • [cite]Posted By: blackheathaddick[/cite]Midlake. The album is called The Trials of Van Occupanther

Ta
  • Dont know about about the music but id love to lick a lily.

Mmm Lily Allen
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Dont know about about the music but id love to lick a lily.

Mmm Lily Allen
    Yikes. Munter.
  • I guess it all depends on what time of the day you get her!

Lily-Allen-HUB_e_78137be33a967c29f10c2b17980b3f17.jpg

lily-allen-crying.jpg[img][/img]
  • I'm still saying "Yes"
  • anyone heard of a band called white lies..album came out today..its brilliant.definately worth a lesson
  • [cite]Posted By: cafc4life[/cite]anyone heard of a band called white lies..album came out today..its brilliant.definately worth a lesson

So are you the guitarist or the drummer? : - )

What sort of music is it.
  • edited January 2009
    Henry

Go on to BBC.co.uk and you can listen to some of it. Its right on the main page.
  • no im not the drummer or guitarist..there abit like the editors or interpol..hard to explain..lead singer had a good voice though..and no im not him
  • Henry

Go on to BBC.co.uk and you can listen to some of it. Its right on the main page.[/quote]

Cheers,

I thought the 80s were dead. Not my sort of thing from the clip below

Best bit was the Spinal Tap joke on the volume control on the clip

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/bigweekend/2008/artists/whitelies/
  • Its pretty good and definetly has that interpol/ killers sound to it. Normally thats enough to put me off but there are a few strong tracks on it!
  • got this e-mail from her pr company this morning:

LILY ALLEN PRESENTS ZANE LOWE’S RADIO ONE SHOW ON MONDAY

FIRST AIRING OF HER VERSION OF “STRAIGHT TO HELL” FOR WAR CHILD – HEROES

Lily Allen will guest present Zane Lowe’s show on Radio One on Monday
    18th January. During the show, listeners will hear the first play of
    her cover of The Clash - “Straight To Hell”. On the track, Lily
    collaborates with guitarist Mick Jones.

“Straight To Hell” features exclusively on the War Child album
    “Heroes”, released on Parlophone on February 16th. The album features
    15 tracks, all covers. The biggest legends in music history selected
    one of their personal favourite songs from their own songwriting
    canon, and nominated a music hero from the next generation to create a
    modern reworking of that classic song. The album is in support of the
    real heroes – children who live with the brutal effects of war.

Lily’s own single “The Fear” is released on January 26th, followed by
    the album “It’s Not Me, It’s You” on February 9th.

www.warchild.org.uk/heroes
  • Sponsored links:

• The new Lily Allen album got a great review in one of the Sundays. Downloaded the single, the Fear, and sounds top notch to me.

She certainly chooses her cover versions well. Blank Expression, Up the Junction, Straight to hell, Mr Blue Sky (oh, well can't get in right every time ; - )
  • The new ray le montagne album is nothing on his previous endeavor 'until the sun turns black' which is quite brilliant . It is however still a good album that takes a while to really grow on you. He is certainly worth catching on tour. The Mark Lanagan and isobel campbell album however , I feel is very good.
  • met lilly a couple of times very briefly and didn't really care for her shit attitude (or maybe the way she dropped her dad into the conversation which is hardly gonna help), then the missus got caught slating her whilst stood by her mate a few months ago and her mate had a right go .

As for Ray , just think he sounds like that fella who used to ruin the gomez records
  • Ray Lamontange?

Is he the guy who won X-Factor? If so I will buy his album, he was really good and original. Lilly Allen is just a Leona Lewis rip off IMO.
  • Just watched "ahem" Graham Norton, Lily allen looked banging and when she performed she was just so "I WOULD!"