Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Upcoming Video Games thread

Comments

• Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4 and The Outer Worlds are all worth a look
  • I just badly want a Gran Turismo 7.
  • I personally can't wait for Cyberpunk, if The Witcher 3 is anything to go by it's going to be absolutely epic. 

I also enjoyed WatchDogs 2 so I'm hoping WatchDogs Legion is going to be amazing too
  • sam3110 said:
    I personally can't wait for Cyberpunk, if The Witcher 3 is anything to go by it's going to be absolutely epic. 

I also enjoyed WatchDogs 2 so I'm hoping WatchDogs Legion is going to be amazing too
    Yeah, Cyberpunk 2077 is the one I'm waiting for really. 

I'll check Dragon Age out, nice one.
  • I never played any of the old FF games, I do kind of feel like I've missed out as there seems to be a lot of hype around this remake. But is that just because there's nothing good coming out as developers seem to be waiting for the next gen consoles?

I started replaying The Witcher 3 a month or so ago (off the back of the Netflix series) and forgot how much I loved it. I'm kind of gutted I got bored with Monster Hunter before the expansion came out, the new stuff looks great but I'm not sure I can really invest the grind time to catch up now as I have an 8 week old now. 

Does anyone have a good 3rd person RPG they'd recommend (on the PS4)? I really fancy something new with a good story that I can dip in and out of when I have some time.

I've played Skyrim, The Last of Us, Uncharted 1-4, The Witcher 3, Horizon:Zero Dawn, RDR2, GTAV etc. etc.

It may not be exactly like the above but I love the Far Cry games. 
  • Played the FFVII demo last night, was a massive fan of the original. Not sure if I like the new combat system as it doesn't have the trumpet victory music.
  • I never played any of the old FF games, I do kind of feel like I've missed out as there seems to be a lot of hype around this remake. But is that just because there's nothing good coming out as developers seem to be waiting for the next gen consoles?

I started replaying The Witcher 3 a month or so ago (off the back of the Netflix series) and forgot how much I loved it. I'm kind of gutted I got bored with Monster Hunter before the expansion came out, the new stuff looks great but I'm not sure I can really invest the grind time to catch up now as I have an 8 week old now. 

Does anyone have a good 3rd person RPG they'd recommend (on the PS4)? I really fancy something new with a good story that I can dip in and out of when I have some time.

I've played Skyrim, The Last of Us, Uncharted 1-4, The Witcher 3, Horizon:Zero Dawn, RDR2, GTAV etc. etc.

It may not be exactly like the above but I love the Far Cry games. 
    Yeah far cry and the assassins creed games too.
  • Never played the Far Cry games, not sure why, will have to check them out too, thanks.
  • New Black Ops I'd be looking forward to.

Love Modern Warfare but would like a zombies mode to play.

• Got a bit bored of Far Cry myself. Was a bit rinse, repeat. 
  • Sponsored links:

• sam3110 said:
    I personally can't wait for Cyberpunk, if The Witcher 3 is anything to go by it's going to be absolutely epic. 

I enjoyed Watch Dogs, especially being able to jump into someone’s game and mess about, but the sequel put too much emphasis on that - and the characters were bratty little shits! I lasted about 20 minutes then gave up. Ubisoft messes up the Wildlands sequel in a similar way! Sometimes you just want more of the same. 
  • Not new but hadnt realized Broken Sword 5 came out years ago lol.

And having completed 1-2 on PC, 3 on PS2 and 4 on PC I was desperate to play it and got it for my Birthday, and its now completed haha

Gave a nice break to Snooker 19 which I have been playing since Christmas and almost conpleted a whole season on now(up the the World Championships)
  • Barely play anymore but started again this week.
    Loved Uncharted when it first came out but never got round to playing 2-4.
    the 1-3 collection was free last month so downloaded and started 1 again, such a good game to pick up and play in a spare hour or so.
  • edited March 2020
    Barely play anymore but started again this week.
    Loved Uncharted when it first came out but never got round to playing 2-4.
    the 1-3 collection was free last month so downloaded and started 1 again, such a good game to pick up and play in a spare hour or so.
    Whilst on the subject of Uncharted...the upcoming movie adaptation....
    Tom Holland as Nathan Drake is possibly one of the worst casting decisions of all time. Mark Wahlberg as Sully is poor too imo
  • Does sound stupid Steve, but I do think it best to give casting a chance. 
  • JiMMy 85 said:
    Does sound stupid Steve, but I do think it best to give casting a chance. 
    True. Could work if he plays a young Drake but can’t help think of Tom Cruise playing a 6foot5 Jack Reacher.  :D
  • Played the FFVII demo last night, was a massive fan of the original. Not sure if I like the new combat system as it doesn't have the trumpet victory music.
    I'll accept Barrett humming it every now and then.

Battle system definitely feels different, somewhere between old school and FFXV.
  • sam3110 said:
    Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4 and The Outer Worlds are all worth a look
    Started Dragon Age the other day, it was only £5.50 on the PS Store, already feels like it’s going to be an epic. The first few hours of a RPG are always a bit frustrating to me studying skill trees and the what not. I’m just shocked this game passed me by originally as it’s right in my wheel house.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Sam, I’ll report back in a few hundred hours!
  • edited March 2020
    sam3110 said:
    Dragon Age Inquisition, Fallout 4 and The Outer Worlds are all worth a look
    Started Dragon Age the other day, it was only £5.50 on the PS Store, already feels like it’s going to be an epic. The first few hours of a RPG are always a bit frustrating to me studying skill trees and the what not. I’m just shocked this game passed me by originally as it’s right in my wheel house.

Anyway, thanks for the tip Sam, I’ll report back in a few hundred hours!
    Very good game, I missed it first time round too, only played it maybe 2 years ago.
  • Tom Clancy's Wildlands is great for being sociable with a mate or two. I've had it for 3 years yet it's proving vital for me at the moment! 

Also getting 100% on Red Dead should take me up to the next viral outbreak. Might even go back and install GTAV and see if they ever fixed the bug that got me stuck on 99.8%.  
  • Sponsored links:

• Is it possible to do a Kamikase on Sellhurst or the New Den?
    lol!... Unfortunately when you crash the screen either goes black or you just bounce off if you've got damage turned off

Sadly you dont get to sit back and admire your handiwork
  • I suppose that is realistic.
  • PGA 2K1 is released on Friday. I have it on pre order 👍🏼 

• edited August 2020

Looks brilliant that @ForeverAddickted

I always liked the look of Microsoft Flight Simulator, but never had a PC that's powerful enough to play it. Always thought the required spec for those games was quite high?

• Looks brilliant that @ForeverAddickted

I always liked the look of Microsoft Flight Simulator, but never had a PC that's powerful enough to play it. Always thought the required spec for those games was quite high?

Yeah its very GPU intensive, I've got a GTX 1070 with AMD Ryzen 7 3700x CPU and actually surprised at how well its handling as was worried I'd need a top of the range Graphics Card which these days costs around £1,000 thanks to BitCoin mining

Wont be surprised if its one of the earlier titles that gets released for the new Xbox
  • Dizzle said:
    PGA 2K1 is released on Friday. I have it on pre order 👍🏼 

Very much looking forward to this too, and will be buying on Friday. A little disappointing that you can't play as any of the pros though.
  • Dizzle said:
    PGA 2K1 is released on Friday. I have it on pre order 👍🏼 

I got "The Golf Club 2019 featuring PGA Tour" the other year

Was a bit disappointed that you have to use the Analogue Stick to swing rather than get your timings right by pressing the "A" buttom etc.

I suppose it makes it harder to master as when I had the "A" button double tap on an old Tiger Woods I got so used to it, it became a bit boring
  • The analogue swing I think is a really good idea, the later Tiger Woods games started using it and you could add fade and draw to swings just by pushing the stick diagonally, and you could short swing to get the distance just right. The last one I had was the Masters one, used to love playing it out as an amateur on the hardest difficulty, just making the cut felt like a huge win