Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

All Footie Bets Cancelled....... ?.

So if season is declared null and void , what will bookies do.  Some bets like my Charlton win the Championship Are already losers, so presume they would keep my money.  But, iv a nice double on Coventry and Plymouth win leagues and promotion, what will they do about those.

what bets have you got that could be cancelled and deny you a decent pay day. 

Comments

• If they can find any excuse not to pay out ....?
  • Taylor top goal scorer each way 
  • They can keep my £ On us to win the league @ 5000/1
  • I've got a 12 outcome acca involving various leagues around Europe. Over 2,000 bets in total on all doubles, trebles, etc.

The last cash out offer I had was about £1.7k and very confident of it going higher. 65k is max winnings. Praying the leagues somehow continue! 
  • I think any 'Open Bet' will probably be liable for a refund
  • I think any 'Open Bet' will probably be liable for a refund
    You reckon I'll get my "Charlton to finish in the top half" stake back?!
  • MrLargo said:
    I think any 'Open Bet' will probably be liable for a refund
    If the season is cancelled then yes.
  • Not much for me really but had derby 50/1 for a top 6 earlier in the season. Gap was closing so who knows. 
  • Mitrovic and Vardy top scorer double, both top at the minute.
    Will be gutted if it’s cancelled.
  • Sponsored links:

• MrLargo said:
    I think any 'Open Bet' will probably be liable for a refund
    If the season is cancelled then yes.
    Oh good.
  • I hope so. Had plenty of bets for Charlton to reach the playoffs, and one for automatics. What the hell was I thinking? 
    So much to learn about following Charlton. 
  • I have a mate who works for a company called sport radar they are employed by betting companies to analyse betting patterns and spot fraud and match fixing etc. They get paid by the betting companies basically per event they monitor. He reckons itll be about a month before the company goes under.
  • edited June 2020
    I have had a number of outright bets on the Conference South winners.
    Most notably Dartford E/W @ 500/1
    Are all bets off and monies refunded regardless of current placing?
    Can you help Bob Monro? As one bet was with 365.
    Cheers
  • I emplyed this young lady some years ago ....... she wasnt an actor. She was spotted at Upton Park by Guy Ritchie shouting and bellowing at the football and he picked her out for the part 
  • ROTW said:
    I have had a number of outright bets on the Conference South winners.
    Most notably Dartford E/W @ 500/1
    Are all bets off and monies refunded regardless of current placing?
    Can you help Bob Monro? As one bet was with 365.
    Cheers
    I have a number of National League bets that haven't been settled and won't be until such time as promotion and relegation issues have been decided.

IBAS are preparing themselves for any number of cases and have issued this statement:

With regards to settling season bets, IBAS stressed that it is not going to pass judgement on whether leagues or governing bodies have reached a fair decision.

“What matters to us is whether bets are settled fairly, consistently and sensibly, using pre-existing applicable rules or common sense if no applicable rules existed,” it said in a statement.

Providing the industry’s leading betting adjudication service, IBAS provides the following guidance to betting punters who are holding season-long bets and who may use its services.

• Punters should review the bookmaker rules which govern the ‘settlement of a bet‘ and the rules that were in place ‘when the bet was struck‘
    • Should a bookmaker fail to have rules to deal with the specific situation, IBAS will consider whether settlement decisions appear fair in the context of each league’s official decision and other terms the bookmaker holds that might be applicable to solving the dispute
    • Any decisions made about the fairness of bet settlement will concern the company’s overall settlement of markets
    • IBAS does not adjudicate on decisions made by football leagues or governing bodies. Its dispute services don’t judge whether it is ‘right or fair’ to cancel a league or to complete under alternative arrangements – “What matters to us is how each bookmaker has responded to those official decisions”
  • Thanks. Looks like no decision will be made until at least the end of the month then.
  • Sponsored links:

• I was just speaking with a mate about this one, i would assume any bets which feature Premiership and Championship/ or other leagues that are trying to finish will be kept, however i forget what the rule is but it will probably pay out at reduced odds. 
    IE. Liverpool/ Leeds/ Coventry / Whoever , imagine they would void the 2 which are not going to finish, and just give you the other 2 if successfull, if you lose them leagues anyway they will keep the bet. 

This is my guess sort of like when you place a Accumulator and one match is void, they settle at a reduce cost in the event the others all win. 

I have a couple open, but all half arsed now really: 
    Promotion: Wrexham, Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Boro (will probably bugger it up if we finish the championship) 
    Relegation: Newcastle, Millwall, Blackpool, Cambridge  - due to first 2 wont win anyway
    Win outright: Liverpool, Cardiff (lol) Peterborough, Bradford (Cardiff will mess up) 
    Doubt very much i will be getting any of the above voided all as no chance of anything, even though a couple were E/W :P 
  • bobmunro said:
    I was just speaking with a mate about this one, i would assume any bets which feature Premiership and Championship/ or other leagues that are trying to finish will be kept, however i forget what the rule is but it will probably pay out at reduced odds. 
    IE. Liverpool/ Leeds/ Coventry / Whoever , imagine they would void the 2 which are not going to finish, and just give you the other 2 if successfull, if you lose them leagues anyway they will keep the bet. 

This is my guess sort of like when you place a Accumulator and one match is void, they settle at a reduce cost in the event the others all win. 

Promotion: Wrexham, Fleetwood, Scunthorpe, Boro (will probably bugger it up if we finish the championship) 
    Relegation: Newcastle, Millwall, Blackpool, Cambridge  - due to first 2 wont win anyway
    Win outright: Liverpool, Cardiff (lol) Peterborough, Bradford (Cardiff will mess up) 
    Doubt very much i will be getting any of the above voided all as no chance of anything, even though a couple were E/W :P 

Standard rules will apply - and it's always been the same in the 39 years I've been in the game.

Selections in leagues that are not completed will be voided and in accumulative bets will be considered non-runners. So a fourfold on the four English leagues will become a double on the Premier League and Championship - which is eminently fair.
    Tough if you backed Coventry for League 1, but a result if you backed say Sunderland!
    Yep pretty much how i saw it mate, cheers for your response :)
  • bobmunro said:
    I was just speaking with a mate about this one, i would assume any bets which feature Premiership and Championship/ or other leagues that are trying to finish will be kept, however i forget what the rule is but it will probably pay out at reduced odds. 

Standard rules will apply - and it's always been the same in the 39 years I've been in the game.

Selections in leagues that are not completed will be voided and in accumulative bets will be considered non-runners. So a fourfold on the four English leagues will become a double on the Premier League and Championship - which is eminently fair.
    Tough if you backed Coventry for League 1, but a result if you backed say Sunderland!
    Bet 365 haven't settled bets on this basis - they appear to have been quite generous. They have settled Centry and Swindon as winners but voided bets on others in the division that have lost.

However, the likes of Skybet, BetVictor and Betfair haven't - they have settled Coventry and Swindon as winners but losers for the rest of the teams. 
  • Yes.... still trying to work mine out. 

BET365

Coventry 7/2
    Plymouth 7/2 £10 promotion double  .

they have void Plymouth and declared win on Coventry received £45

Rotherham 5/2
    Swindon 5/6.  £10 promotion double 

they have void Rotherham and declared win on Swindon received £18.34

SKYBET

Coventry 13/2
    Plymouth 13/2. Win the league £12.50 each way double

they have said Coventry win and Plymouth placed received £86.13p

Better than voiding the lot. 

• bobmunro said:

Bet 365 haven't settled bets on this basis - they appear to have been quite generous. They have settled Centry and Swindon as winners but voided bets on others in the division that have lost.

However, the likes of Skybet, BetVictor and Betfair haven't - they have settled Coventry and Swindon as winners but losers for the rest of the teams. 

I had a word ;-)

Quality firm of course!
  • bobmunro said:
    bobmunro said:

I had a word ;-)

Quality firm of course!
    Needless to say I have asked Skybet (and will the others too) which of their Rules & Regs allows them to make what they describe as a "business decision" to settle the leagues on PPG. They say they will come back to me in the course of the next 8 weeks!!!!
  • Yes.... still trying to work mine out. 

BET365

Coventry 7/2
    Plymouth 7/2 £10 promotion double  .

they have void Plymouth and declared win on Coventry received £45

Rotherham 5/2
    Swindon 5/6.  £10 promotion double 

they have void Rotherham and declared win on Swindon received £18.34

SKYBET

Coventry 13/2
    Plymouth 13/2. Win the league £12.50 each way double

they have said Coventry win and Plymouth placed received £86.13p

Better than voiding the lot. 

Interestingly they have settled Plymouth for me as a win on promotion! 
  • I have found the relevant rule in Skybet's Terms and Conditions and one word puts them in a bit of an awkward place:

The official league table at the conclusion of the final match of the scheduled season will determine the settlement of bets. This will include any point penalties incurred at any stage before the end of the scheduled season. End of season play-offs will not count.