Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Ghandour is my client’s son - been playing well at Tooting - he is very excited that Charlton wanted him to play for them - really hoping to be signed
  • Ghandour is my client’s son - been playing well at Tooting - he is very excited that Charlton wanted him to play for them - really hoping to be signed
    Did he play in that Watford game - if so, what number was he?

• Oggy Red said:
    Ghandour is my client’s son - been playing well at Tooting - he is very excited that Charlton wanted him to play for them - really hoping to be signed
    Did he play in that Watford game - if so, what number was he?

I think he did - but will have to confirm 
  • The defender trialist played the whole game against Watford [wore number 5,i think],the striker trialist came on as sub late in the 2nd half,sorry i can add no better information as there was a shortage of team sheets at St Albans.
  • clive said:
    The defender trialist played the whole game against Watford [wore number 5,i think],the striker trialist came on as sub late in the 2nd half,sorry i can add no better information as there was a shortage of team sheets at St Albans.
    The number 5 has now been identified as Lucas Ness. Only just 18 and he has been signed from the Met Police.
  • U23S ❌ | Tomorrow’s fixture with @CardiffCityFC has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch at Princes Park.

A date for the rearranged match will be announced once confirmed. #cafc https://t.co/6vkkq5zw90
  • U23s starting XI | Trialist, Yao, Ness, Stevenson, Vennings, Powell, Quitirna, Morgan, Wiredu, Ghandour, Davison. Subs | Harness, Vega, Odoh, Williams. #cafc
  • Is that the one and only Jonny Williams on the bench?
  • Oggy Red said:
    Is that the one and only Jonny Williams on the bench?
    No it's Euan Williams.
  • Sponsored links:

• Oggy Red said:
    Is that the one and only Jonny Williams on the bench?
    No it's Euan Williams.

Williams is a local lad who grew uo near the training ground and has represented both Northern Ireland and England at youth level.

only turned 17 in January so a big jump to the U23s.   Midfielder/No.10
  • U23s starting XI | Trialist, Yao, Ness, Stevenson, Vennings, Powell, Quitirna, Morgan, Wiredu, Ghandour, Davison. Subs | Harness, Vega, Odoh, Williams. #cafc
    Ness now being named as signed but so it Ghandour from Totting. Has he signed?

Someone go behind the goal and ask the keeper his name. 

The plan is only 50% affective. What if he replies ‘john’? 😂
  • edited February 2020
    U23s starting XI | Trialist, Yao, Ness, Stevenson, Vennings, Powell, Quitirna, Morgan, Wiredu, Ghandour, Davison. Subs | Harness, Vega, Odoh, Williams. #cafc

Go through a list of all keepers called John

Can't think of any other way.

:smile:

Go through a list of all keepers called John

Can't think of any other way.

:smile:
    Weve got John ruddy playing in goal today. Any 15 year olds reading that are still on half term, feel free to add on twitter
  • No Aneke today but not been featuring for the first team

• Quitirna with a finish after their keeper made a good save. 1-0 Addicks
  • Reading hit the bar just before we scored - think one of their CBs had a big ole free header from Aluko's well delivered corner. 
  • Oh dear. Vennings sent off for shoving over their striker with two hands after we fouled them. Not sure why he did the shove but that was very, very silly unless he was unacceptably provoked but who knows. Not good. 
  • Sponsored links:

• 22' What a save from the trialist keeper to keep out Reading first-teamer Sone Aluko. #cafc 1 #royals 0
  • Great goal from McGiff just there - overhead kick after good cross from Tennai Watson, whose interplay with Aluko down the right was neat and tidy too. 1-1
  • A shove is never a red these days ffs 
  • What’s happened to the kid that come from Marseille or is that Quitirna think he had similar name 

• 22' What a save from the trialist keeper to keep out Reading first-teamer Sone Aluko. #cafc 1 #royals 0
    Well played ruddy 
  • What’s happened to the kid that come from Marseille or is that Quitirna think he had similar name 
    No, You're thinking of Aouachria.  Still recovering from a bad injury
  • Leuth said:
    A shove is never a red these days ffs 
    It was a proper two handed in the chest off the ball shove the bloke to the ground mate, not a footballing shove unless you're wooshing me 
  • edited February 2020
    Even an off-the-ball shove is usually a yellow nowadays! 
  • Right. Well. Both sides attempt to play neat and tidy football which is good to see. 1-1 is fair given we looked good, then lost the man, then they have intelligently made the numerical advantage count.

Johl Powell needs to learn the rules for throw ins. Every single one has been a foul throw (foot off the ground). But he's been really decent defensively. Ness looks like this is a step up, but he's coping. Yao solid, Stevenson alright too, but they're up against it with Aluko and Tennai Watson both impressing. Keeper (not sure on name) looks alright, a tad green maybe. 

Leuth, don't really care whether it's "these days" or not, it was a VERY stupid thing and there can be no complaints about the red. Morgan can clearly pass like a wizard but seemed to take his time to get going. Wiredu... Talent is there for all to see but he makes some poor decisions and hasn't learned the art of the subtle foul. Davison is feeding on relative scraps and doing well, while Ghandour is similar, but looks good on the ball. Quitirna is a very imaginative footballer and he could be exciting, though the conditions are hampering most attempts at neat passing football.

I suspect we will continue to try, but Reading look more likely to make the extra man count. 
  • The shove was a red, it did not help that Brandon and others got involved to add to the churn and melee. Gave the ref time to make the (correct) decision.
    This is going to be a tough second half. Ought to use the wind which now might favour us.