Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Leeds away [2/5/20-12.30pm] Advance train tickets

edited February 2020 in Match Day Travel
Advance singles priced at £18.50 [£12.20] available on 07.03 from Kings Cross Arr Leeds 09.16
On later trains £39.50 [£26.05]

Return Journey £39.50 [£26.05] on direct trains but via York there are cheaper tickets £23.50 [£15.50] on some trains & £16.00 [£10.55] on the 18.18 departure from Leeds.
Railcard fares in brackets.
I will investigate other routes for cheaper tickets.

Comments

• last game of the season .. and this one has just flown by
  • No danger of this game being moved, which makes life much easier!
  • Splitsave with Trainline has some good deals at the moment, can stay on the same train and split the fares. 
  • There are shuttle buses from near the station to/from the ground but i would allow about an hour for this service as it will be very busy,also the' visiting supporters' seats are furthest from the bus terminus.
    SKY announce games for live coverage a week before this fixture.
  • Splitsave with Trainline has some good deals at the moment, can stay on the same train and split the fares. 
    There are about 10 splitsave companies and in terms of cheapness/money saved, trainline are about 8th out of 10.
    It's worth checking out a few if you can be bothered and want the cheapest deal.
  • edited February 2020
    There are some trains  Kings Cross to York  with reasonable advance single fares
    Dep 07.00 arr York 08.52 fare as below
    Dep 07.06 arr York 09.27 fare as below
    Dep 07.30 arr York 09.32 advance single £18.50 [£12.20]

Dep 07.48 arr York 09.44 advance single £18.70 [£12.35]
    Dep 08.00 arr York 09.52 advance single £23.50 [£15.50]

There are plenty of trains between York/Leeds journey time between 20-30 minutes
    Day return fares vary on different train companies & times & there are advance singles on some trains priced at £4.80 [£3.50]
  • edited February 2020
    Advance singles on the 07.03 dep arr Leeds 09.16 now cost £23.50 [£15.50]
    Also there is a 06.30 dep arr Leeds 08.52 price £18.50 [£12.20]

The York route is selling quickly,but there is a 17.06 dep from York arr Kings Cross 19.09 price £13.30 [£8.80]

• clive said:
    Advance singles on the 07.03 dep arr Leeds 09.16 now cost £23.50 [£15.50]
    Also there is a 06.30 dep arr Leeds 08.52 price £18.50 [£12.20]

The York route is selling quickly,but there is a 17.06 dep from York arr Kings Cross 19.09 price £13.30 [£8.80]

Clive was that 17.06 available friday as i didnt see it.
  • clive said:
    There are shuttle buses from near the station to/from the ground but i would allow about an hour for this service as it will be very busy,also the' visiting supporters' seats are furthest from the bus terminus.
    Getting back to the station will be a breeze if they are celebrating promotion, not so if they don't.

• Sponsored links:

• clive said:
    There are shuttle buses from near the station to/from the ground but i would allow about an hour for this service as it will be very busy,also the' visiting supporters' seats are furthest from the bus terminus.
    Getting back to the station will be a breeze if they are celebrating promotion, not so if they don't.

Yes, they might have the players parade around the pitch that day as well

I remember being at Cardiff when they won promotion, stayed to watch a bit of the celebrations then left them to it!
  • clive said:

Yes, they might have the players parade around the pitch that day as well

I remember being at Cardiff when they won promotion, stayed to watch a bit of the celebrations then left them to it!
    Likewise, then retired to a peaceful city centre boozer.
  • Can do splitsave tickets via Grantham for about 30 quid return at the moment.
  • stopping overnight for this one, hopefully a dead rubber for us 
  • edited February 2020
    Can anyone put up a screenshot for Splitsave as it doesn’t come up as an option for me?
  • Try raileasy.co.uk.
  • Was looking forward to this trip.
  • No danger of this game being moved, which makes life much easier!
    The game wasn't moved...it was removed!
  • Gutted.  Was looking forward to travelling up later today. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Would have been aterrific game, top v bottom .. our record against the top 2 when the season came to an abrupt hiatus/halt .. beat Leeds at the Valley and drew both games v WBA .. I fancy we could have got a point at Elland Road and may still do if and when the game is ever played. Perhaps we will never know ((:<)