Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

RIP The Professor

Just seen that Neil Peart, Rush's drummer passed away earlier this week with brain cancer.

Best drummer I've ever seen live.

Absolutely gutted.

Comments

• The soundtrack to most of my life. Thanks for the music and memories. This hardly seems possible. RIP. 
  • Gutted.
  • Will have to play my favourite Rush album before going to bed tonight. Fly by Night.

RIP.
  • This is so sad to hear - An outstanding drummer and lyricist who had more than his fair share of tragedy.

I got into Rush quite late, was totally blown away by their music, lyrics and musicianship - and Neil Peart’s incredible drumming.

Only managed to see them twice but easily two of the most outstanding gigs I have been to. 

RIP 
  • Another hero gone.

RIP
  • Sponsored links:

• RIP...only story I know of them is a friend of mine who worshipped rush,  saw then at Ingleston in Scotland in the 80's....he waited behind the stage after they gigged for an autograph. When they appeared to get into a limo,  they told him to fuck off.

He went home and smashed all their lp's... 
  • great shame, the drummer who was pivotal to Rush's unique sound .. R I P
  • To my ever lasting shame I only found out Neil had died this week some ten months after his passing. Was fortunate enough to see him play with Alex and Geddy many many times in their heyday. A very decent man who's life was racked by the tragedy of losing his daughter and wife within ten months of each other. Ive watched him in interviews and he struck me as a very private person and incredibly articulate. An outstanding drummer and certainly the best of my lifetime, but also a decent human being. RIP Neil
  • I saw Rush's first UK tour in 1977 - they were supported by Stray - as an impressionable 15 year old. Still one of my favourite gigs of all time.

Neil Peart's drum solo was so awesome, I was convinced that someone else was assisting him or he had three arms and three legs.

Moon, Bonham and Peart, my three all time favourites, all gone now.
  • I got to see them five times, either at Wembley Arena or the O2, great memories and of course what a great body of work the band have left us with.