Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Rate My Plate 2019 - Exhibit F - Will Ling

Marks out of 10 and any comment you feel necessary 

Rate My Plate 2019 - Exhibit F - Will Ling 102 votes

4% 5 votes
2% 3 votes
7% 8 votes
11% 12 votes
15% 16 votes
17% 18 votes
26% 27 votes
7% 8 votes
3% 4 votes
0% 1 vote

Comments

• Nice looking home cooked food
  • I'm a little worried where the meat came from given that Sweeney Todds' cut-throat razor is on the table.
  • What's there looks pretty good, but it's crying out for gravy, carrots and parsnips
  • I start from a position of a solid 7, then add a point for the no frills simplicity, but take away a point for no gravy and another point for the fact the turkey is of a size suitable for a weaning child.

I will overlook the cutlery in this instance as dont think deserves 5 so overall a 6
  • Not bad that, best yet 
  • IdleHans said:
    What's there looks pretty good, but it's crying out for gravy, carrots and parsnips
    Gravy was a minute later.
  • Dry as a nuns thingy. 
  • MrOneLung said:
    I start from a position of a solid 7, then add a point for the no frills simplicity, but take away a point for no gravy and another point for the fact the turkey is of a size suitable for a weaning child.

I will overlook the cutlery in this instance as dont think deserves 5 so overall a 6

I am no weaning child. I was simply playing the long game and starting comfortably!

• IdleHans said:
    What's there looks pretty good, but it's crying out for gravy, carrots and parsnips
    Gravy was a minute later.
    Anonymous cardinal, anonymous....
  • Sponsored links:

• Will Ling? I see what you did there AFKA.
  • Looks like a plate of food you’d get in an old people’s home .
  • A solid 7, see I return again to my great old uncles colon and the blood cake he left on the toilet floor that fateful day. Which fills me with nostalgia and not a small amount if fear as to what the bhronical pat is to the right of the plate 

Another fairly explosive method of presentation and the lack of CharltonLife diners faith in bread sauce and cauliflower cheese disturbs me greatly. I imagine this one tasted quite nice 
  • Another one that loses a mark for no gravy.

It still gets a 7 from me.

• As inviting as a trip to Middlesbrough away on a wet Wednesday night 
  • edited December 2019
  • Looks like a plate of food you’d get in an old people’s home .
    That dry the absolute massacre of false teeth ending up on the plate would be horrendous. 

Can almost hear this plate crying (dry tears) for moisture as if it had walked the Sahara.
  • Is that some crazy feminine Swiss Army knife spoon at the top?
  • You seem to have the awful combination of terribly dry turkey, and no gravy. 

Looks drier than crackers.

5/10 because it seems to have some nice elements, but I'd want several pints at the table to help wash that down.
  • State of that cutlery. Who knew Timmy Mallet was a charlton fan.
  • Sponsored links:

• Who likes sprouts but not carrots?!

That said, decent effort. 
  • Do people actually not have gravy? 
  • Spuds and sprouts look good. Turkey needed a bit less in the oven. Not sure what's going on in the middle of the plate.

Plus points for eating your dinner with a flick knife. 

• And is it being served up on a table cloth version of this?

• Decent meal decent set table a lot of those before this dish need to actually realise effort is required 
  • No comments on the haggis yet?
  • Not bad apart from the lack of gravy. slightly baffled by the presence of a flick knife to eat it with, presumably this was served up in one of the rougher parts of the country
  • ......and less said about the haggis the better

😄
  • Drier than our new owner's back yard