Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Turkish Messi

How many times did he get kicked yesterday?

Must have had his legs kicked off, and lost a couple of inches in height.

Why the ref wasn’t dishing out cards I do not know.

Comments

• Solly might have to play in midfield at Boro......
  • Hutchinson was very lucky not to get sent off yesterday. One thing I'd like to see from Oztumer though is more shots from long range, he gets into some great positions but then takes another touch and passes it
  • How many times did he get kicked yesterday?

Must have had his legs kicked off, and lost a couple of inches in height.

Why the ref wasn’t dishing out cards I do not know.
    Same treatment Williams gets week in, week out. Refs need to be braver with their cards, too many bottle giving yellows even when it's a clear, cynical foul
  • Someone made the good point that he and Williams have very distinct playing styles and I really do think they could play in the same team (yes, I keep saying it). I would like to see it, especially if Williams is among the first of the injured players to return
  • Leuth said:
    Someone made the good point that he and Williams have very distinct playing styles and I really do think they could play in the same team (yes, I keep saying it). I would like to see it, especially if Williams is among the first of the injured players to return
    Would be good to give the opposition two players they have to kick. 
  • edited December 2019
    If the Turkish Messi could play regularly with Taylor, Williams, Gallagher, Cullen and Bonne, he would be sensational.
    In yesterday's team he looks wasteful at times because the other players didn't seem to be on his wavelength.
  • Plays better with a run of games - they kicked lumps out of him on Saturday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Give away stupid penalty not doing enough for me.Not the only one to give away a stupid pen. But we need more from him.scored some great goals from range in his career but I struggle to remember him having  a decent pop for us 
  • Give away stupid penalty not doing enough for me.Not the only one to give away a stupid pen. But we need more from him.scored some great goals from range in his career but I struggle to remember him having  a decent pop for us 
    15 goals a season for a mediocre Walsall team in L1, 2 years running, many of them screamers. Been disappointed with his lack of goals so far
  • When you lose physical players through injury, it's hard to see a player of such physical stature being able to dictate and dominate a game. 
    Ozzy shouldn't have been on the pitch at that point - should have already been subbed with that hamstring injury, as it was clear he'd lost pace. If he'd been fit, he'd have made the challenge quicker and outside the box.

The opponent was looking for the penalty, pushed the ball past Oz and was already on his fall before the contact.

There's nothing to get the crowd more excited than a goal scored from a screamer.
    But Bowyer has said before he doesn't encourage long range shooting - prefers players to work their way into the box, pass and shoot at a closer bigger target.

• I thought this thread was about eating...
    He could barely run having had both ankles assaulted minutes before. He should have been taken off after the 2nd foul.  He should not have been the only defender in that position.

He needs to have space in front of him to shoot, this has not been the case in the few games he has played. He will have opportunities as the team gets stronger and he will also get free kicks.
  • Leuth said:
    Someone made the good point that he and Williams have very distinct playing styles and I really do think they could play in the same team (yes, I keep saying it). I would like to see it, especially if Williams is among the first of the injured players to return
    Hasn’t Jonny always said he prefers playing central midfield rather than in the no.10? Could definitely see them playing together but would need a couple of tough tacklers beside them or we’d be a little lightweight through the middle...
  • Just noticed his brother Lionel has won the Ballon D’or for the 6th time.
  • Just noticed his brother Lionel has won the Ballon D’or for the 6th time.
    Lionel Oztumer....
  • Sponsored links: