Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Under 21s (Match updates and news)

Comments

• Under 18 star Aaron Henry equalises from a 25 yard free kick.
    Can't wait until he's in the first team and I can buy a shirt with his name on the back : - )
    Can't wait until he's in the first team and I can buy a shirt with his name on the back : - )
    Cheers Ben.

Meanwhile now 2-2  as Quirtina equalises with a penalty. 
    Cheers Ben.

Meanwhile now 2-2  as Quirtina equalises with a penalty. 
    switched penalty takers I see.

• GOAL! Reading U23s surely win it, a delightful back-heel at the front post eludes the Charlton keeper. #readingfc
  • Fortunately Ocran not playing.  Lost to a 91st minute winner apparently. 
  • Couldn’t see another thread so sorry for hijacking this one, Largie Ramazani just came on for United in the europa. 
  • edited November 2019
    Dazzler21 said:
    Yeh at the Madejski Stadium against Reading (Premier League Cup) - 3pm KO

Starting XI | Harness, Yao, French, Mingi, Aidoo, Henry, Clayden, Wiredu, Odoh, Quitirna, Isiaka.
    Subs: Harvey, Buhari, Powell, Afrane-Kesey, Ocran. #cafc
    Cheers @Sage
    You do realise @Dazzler21 that @ForeverAddickted 's nom de plume is @Sage don't you, the match previews are the giveaway 😉.
  • Maloney and Wierdu being recalled from loans to play in the last couple of games is sensible given our injury situation so that the management can have a close look at their development although I'm sure we have someone watching them in their loan club's fixtures.
  • RedChaser said:
    Maloney and Wierdu being recalled from loans to play in the last couple of games is sensible given our injury situation so that the management can have a close look at their development although I'm sure we have someone watching them in their loan club's fixtures.
    Yeah... Grant Basey, its all part of his new role within the club now
  • edited November 2019
    RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Starting XI | Harness, Yao, French, Mingi, Aidoo, Henry, Clayden, Wiredu, Odoh, Quitirna, Isiaka.
    Cheers @Sage
    You do realise @Dazzler21 that @ForeverAddickted 's nom de plume is @Sage don't you, the match previews are the giveaway 😉.
    Haha I do assure you that @Sage isnt my imaginary colleague with me suffering from schizophrenia
    CCTV at Wembley can prove it showing him trying to run away
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:
    Maloney and Wierdu being recalled from loans to play in the last couple of games is sensible given our injury situation so that the management can have a close look at their development although I'm sure we have someone watching them in their loan club's fixtures.
    I imagine it's only happened as neither have made that many appearances for their clubs. If either were first team regulars, then it would hardly make sense to make them play an extra U23 fixture away from their loan clubs, imagine how we'd feel if Chelsea picked Gallagher for one of their U23 fixtures!
  • RedChaser said:
    Dazzler21 said:

Cheers @Sage
    Haha I do assure you that @Sage isnt my imaginary colleague with me suffering from schizophrenia
    CCTV at Wembley can prove it showing him trying to run away
    Haha, not quite how I remember it mate but it might’ve been like that! :joy:
    Was more that I didn’t know what to say due to still being in a host of different emotions after the absolute German beauty made it one of the best days of my life.
    Be good to meet you properly sometime.
  • Will we see any first teamers trying to get fit play against Phoenix tomorrow night??
  • U23S | The young Addicks are in action at 's Princes Park as they take on this afternoon (1pm). #cafc
  • Going to this. Coventry are second with a game in hand. A win takes us second on goal difference.
  •  

U23s Starting XI | Harness, Yao, Aidoo, Fonseca, Keefe, Mingi, Powell, Odoh, Davison, Quitirna, Clayden Subs: Harvey, Allsopp, Dempsey, Isiaka, Ocran #cafc
  • Ben Dempsey I assume.

And who is Fonseca?
  • A bottle of wine?
  • edited December 2019
    22' GOAL! Josh Davison pokes the ball home on the follow up after Odoh's initial shot was saved. 
    #cafc 1 #ccfc 0

• TEAM NEWS: Josh Pask and Matty Godden both line-up for the Sky Blues Under-23s this afternoon against Charlton Athletic. #PUSB

http://bit.ly/36c1CNA

Matt Godden, a former transfer target for Charlton
  • Sponsored links:

• edited December 2019
    Chris Powell is our over-aged player

• 26' GOAL! Davison nets his and Charlton's second of the afternoon having been teed up wonderfully by Mingi from the left. #cafc 2 #ccfc 0

• U23 HALF-TIME | Charlton 2 0. Davison's brace means the Addicks hold a two goal cushion at the break. #cafc
  • 65' Substitution for Charlton as Clayden makes way for Isiaka.
  • edited December 2019
    ·
    79' Substitution for Charlton. Dempsey replaces Davison.
    41m
    83' Coventry reduced to 10 men after Eccles is shown a second yellow card.

• Davison playing today, so presumably not in the squad or even the extended squad for tomorrow
  • Davison playing today, so presumably not in the squad or even the extended squad for tomorrow
    Lockyer is back in the team isnt he so straight away its one less youngster we need on the bench
  • Thanks @bolloxbolder

Enjoy these reports.