Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Luton Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 26 November 2019

Comments

• Options
    RedChaser said:
    Good move there Bonne unlucky not to score with his nut.
    i thought that was pratley ?
     Bonne flicked towards Pratley who missed it I think?
  • Options
    Very average quality,  the game here last season was probably better!
  • Options
    JamesSeed said:
    Lord knows how we've got to half time still level. 

With so many players missing its hard, and unfair, to be too critical but that really wasn't good. Bad defensive play giving Luton so many shooting chances. I fear this is going to end up 3 or 4-1 to Luton. 
    Really? Phillips has had nothing to do.
    If Luton start getting their shots on target Dillon is going to be a busy man. 
  • Options
    maybe a week off for Conor will do him good to have a rest
  • Options
    Sarr really needs to show more aggression and concentration. 
  • Options
    Hard to argue that Dillon wasn’t interfered  with!!

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Couldnt go or watch on tv tonight. Are we really as bad as some of the comments? Any positives?
    We just look quite shakey. Gallagher probably the worst and weirdly Leko the best... 🤮

Leko to go and score another  then hopefully
  • Options
    Think we’ve been pretty sloppy but Luton aren’t taking the chances falling their way. We’ve not got forward as often as them but look dangerous when we do.

Need to find a way to dominate the midfield for an extended period so we can get a second goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Same old users picking on Sarr over every other player. They've all been below their averages except Leko (low average to start) and Morgan (too few games to have set an average).

Bonne probably my MotH 
  • Options
    mendonca said:
    Sarr really needs to show more aggression and concentration. 
    Yes this is coming from me but he's...played pretty well? Played two almost-great passes to Bonne, made several tackles, won plenty of headers, not given it away stupidly, not given away any free-kicks. He was unlucky his interception of a cross ended up being blasted home from such an acute angle. I certainly hope he isn't the scapegoat this time, and that he keeps playing well in the second half
  • Options
    Christ, people seem to be forgetting this is Gallaghers first season in men’s football, he’s playing in a depleted team with a whole weight of expectation on his shoulders. He’s had a poor 45 mins but no worse than the 3 or 4 experienced pros behind him. 19 years old ffs.
    The level of exaggeration on this site when anyone plays anything less than amazing does my nut in.

Gallagher has been all over the place as usual, just making a few bad decision in the final third - hardly surprising to see the odd game like that from a 19 year old, as you say.
  • Options
    Couldnt go or watch on tv tonight. Are we really as bad as some of the comments? Any positives?
    No more injuries. Yet. 
    That is a positive. No injuries or suspensions,get a draw, id take that now
  • Options
    I don't think Gallagher has been that bad!

When he has got the ball, he has managed to actually turn and face the goal and look positive and drive us forward.

Yeah he has made a couple of poor passes, but its basically him in midfield by himself. Morgan has been so deep (obviously taking Bowyers criticism on defending to heart), and Leko has is basically playing up front.
  • Options
    Having three against four in midfield is a mistake, albeit mostly forced on us by the horrendous injury list. Neither Conor or Albie have done very well but balance up the numbers and I think they'll be ok. Pearce, Pratley, Bonne and Leko our best performers so far. Current score probably fair enough on the balance of play but their goal was well offside. Hopefully we'll get the benefit of any doubtful situation in the second half as the ref seeks to make amends.
  • Options
    Leuth said:
    JamesSeed said:
    Lord knows how we've got to half time still level. 

With so many players missing its hard, and unfair, to be too critical but that really wasn't good. Bad defensive play giving Luton so many shooting chances. I fear this is going to end up 3 or 4-1 to Luton. 
    Really? Phillips has had nothing to do.
    Great save from that free-kick tbf
    Tbh I missed that.
  • Options
    No more injuries. Yet. 
    Sorry not good news on the suspension front. Gallagher booked and misses Saturday's match 
  • Options
    Not much between the two sides  . Would be tempted to bring on Oshilaja to beef up the midfield  , probably for Morgan   . Bonne has been excellent  .
  • Options
    All credit to this patched up team. But we are there for the taking. 
    No options to change it though. 
    Gallagher looks like he could do with a rest and he’ll get it now after that yellow. Been superb all season. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No more injuries. Yet. 
    Sorry not good news on the suspension front. Gallagher booked and misses Saturday's match 
    Yeh just caught up reading though comments. That is bad news
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Christ, people seem to be forgetting this is Gallaghers first season in men’s football, he’s playing in a depleted team with a whole weight of expectation on his shoulders. He’s had a poor 45 mins but no worse than the 3 or 4 experienced pros behind him. 19 years old ffs.
    The level of exaggeration on this site when anyone plays anything less than amazing does my nut in.

Gallagher has been all over the place as usual, just making a few bad decision in the final third - hardly surprising to see the odd game like that from a 19 year old, as you say.
    He's put in two or three bookable fouls and would be off in any other game.

He's lucky to be on the pitch. Sure his workrate is fantastic but if it's not working, he needs to try using that skill we know he has.

He shouldn't be beyond criticism because he's 19 and probably our player of the season.
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
     If he can't take criticism from Charlton fans, good luck to him of he has a couple of bad games at Chelsea. 

Gallagher is lucky to be on the pitch still. There's no expectations on him, he just needs to calm down, ditch the stupid gloves and focus. 
    Can't he take criticism from Charlton fans? 
  • Options
    We've had 4 shots, with 1 on target (which Leko scored from)
  • Options
    46' The second half is under way...
  • Options
    Bit of agg getting this to settle down without downloading anything but this was working towards end of half;
    https://soccer-live.stream/luton-town-vs-charlton-athletic-live/stream-2
    Hero <3
  • Options
    No need to go backwards there.
  • Options
    Leko shot deflected just wide. Corner
  • Options
    Almost a leko deflection goal 
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!