Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Match Thread: Luton Town v Charlton Athletic | Tuesday 26 November 2019

Here we go ...... just about everyone who's fit starts.

Charlton: Phillips, Purrington, Lockyer, Pearce (C),Sarr, Solly, Pratley, Morgan, Gallagher, Leko, Bonne

Subs: Maynard-Brewer, Matthews, Oshilaja, Davison, Doughty, Vennings

Comments

• Options

The OS says:

Lee Bowyer has opted to make four changes to the side that were held to a 2-2 draw with Cardiff City on Saturday.

Albie Morgan is handed his full Championship debut as he replaces Erhun Oztumer. The midfielder came on as a substitute during the game against the Bluebirds and was given the nod for tonight.

Elsewhere in the middle of the park the returning Darren Pratley starts having served his suspension, replacing Josh Cullen who was stretchered off at the weekend.

Naby Sarr replaces Oshilaja at the back while Solly is also given a place in the starting XI over Adam Matthews.

https://www.cafc.co.uk/news/view/5ddd7294614a9/team-news-four-changes-at-kenilworth-road

• Options
    Well, let's hope that the 11 on the pitch can do the job, because they're getting nothing off the bench if they can't. It's rare that I don't recognise a youth player's name on the bench, but who is Vennings?
  • Options
    I'll be tuning in from Boa Vista, Cape Verde.

Missed Saturday's match as we were flying out, hoping the internet will be good enough to listen to tonight's game.

Come on you rip-roaring, goal-scoring Addicks!
  • Options
    Shame Oztumer couldn't make bench.
  • Options
    Well, let's hope that the 11 on the pitch can do the job, because they're getting nothing off the bench if they can't. It's rare that I don't recognise a youth player's name on the bench, but who is Vennings?
    The next player in line from the U23 Development team.

Highly rated midfield player. Just turned 19.
  • Options
    Agree. He just wasn't quite tall enough.
  • Options
    It was just a little too high. 
  • Options
    To be fair the starting 11 looks alright. Bench lacks so much sadly
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This will be a famous victory with Vennings scoring a perfect hatrick
  • Options
    Seems an odd decision
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Seems an odd decision
    Oztumer got a knock last Saturday - it looked like he'd have to go off, but eventually played on.

Evidently missing tonight because of that knock.
  • Options
    Croydon said:
    Seems an odd decision
    Had a knock in the last game 
  • Options
    Vennings has confidence at his level, takes a penalty for example, but his inclusion is a needs must one, not a tactical masterstroke.
    Good luck to him if he comes on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2019
    Vennings ? .. a name fit for a barrister, doctor, or politician, a true blue tory ((:>) .. decent line up .. Sarr's last chance, come on Naby get stuck in f f s … come on you Addicksaaaahhhhhh  

Master Vennings .. below .. good fortune young man

Image result for James Vennings Charlton
  • Options
    Looks a ‘Charlton Nil’ line up to me :-(
  • Options
    Shame ozzy couldn't back up his great performance on saturday. 

Injuries always seem to come at the wrong time.
  • Options
    Looks a ‘Charlton Nil’ line up to me :-(
    Bleddy 'ell, there's a Mod about.  :smile:

• Options
    Big night for Albie - come on son your time to shine.
  • Options
    seth plum said:
    Vennings has confidence at his level, takes a penalty for example, but his inclusion is a needs must one, not a tactical masterstroke.
    Good luck to him if he comes on.
    Ideal scenario is we're leading 4-0 with 30mins to play, get him on with Davison and Doughty let them show us what they can do
    Hey, Forever ...... can I have some of what you're smoking?

• Options
    Decent line up defensively at least. a fully fit and not injured squad we would easily win this but hey. 
  • Options
    So when is everyone coming back?

Because if this is the team for the next few weeks we are screwed. 
  • Options
    Leuth the following ad made me want to stay in the naughty corner...wOOwzers.

This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!