Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Stoke City away [8/2/20] Advance train tickets

Advance singles now available on most trains in both directions price £16.00 [£10.55].
Journey time 90 minutes approx,the ground is 2 miles from the station & there is a bus shuttle service from near the station to/from the ground.
SKY TV announce the live games on or before 3/1/20
Railcard fares in brackets.

Comments

• Another option is Marylebone to Moor Street, and then New Street to Stoke.

New Street to Stoke is being advertised at £6.55 single, Marylebone to Moor Street is normally £5.50 single.  Prices before any railcards.
  • An away day I earmarked at the start of the season. Never been. Decent allocation I'd imagine. Hope ticket prices are reasonable. 
  • Booking now. Is 6:12 train do able or is it worth waiting for 6:50. Do not want to be rushing as will grab food and some beers? 
  • Booking now. Is 6:12 train do able or is it worth waiting for 6:50. Do not want to be rushing as will grab food and some beers? 
    Should be in stoke by 8am on the 6.12 plenty of time
    Get the later one to be on the safe side.
  • Really reluctant to book anything too far in advance now, with the sheer number of Sky matches. 
    Booking now. Is 6:12 train do able or is it worth waiting for 6:50. Do not want to be rushing as will grab food and some beers? 
    Perfect if Sky move it to a lunchtime kickoff! 
  • one of the few grounds ive not been to this season 

at start of season had 6 to tick off 

wigan
    west brom
    derby
    swansea
    stoke 
    leeds 

cant do the festive period ones so will at least get 4 of the 6 ticked off. 

will wait for sky on this one same with Preston, hopefully fares haven't increased too much. 
  • I'm away on holiday and still can't believe I'm missing this game! 
  • bobmunro said:
    I'm away on holiday and still can't believe I'm missing this game! 
    That's alright Bob.
    Just make sure there's a pint for us all at half time in the away end
  • All booked 
    16 going up
  • Sponsored links:

• clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    That's alright Bob.
    Free bar from 2 hours before the game - how's that?
  • bobmunro said:
    clb74 said:
    bobmunro said:
    That's alright Bob.
    Free bar from 2 hours before the game - how's that?
    Cheers Bob
  • Does anyone know please, how you get the 3+ group discount applied? Even going via Virgin’s group page I can’t it below £32 each.

I remember having this issue before but can’t remember what the work around is. Cheers.

• RedPanda said:

Does anyone know please, how you get the 3+ group discount applied? Even going via Virgin’s group page I can’t it below £32 each.

I remember having this issue before but can’t remember what the work around is. Cheers.

Serious post, @clb74 is your man.  I reckon @clive will have ideas as well.
  • RedPanda said:

Does anyone know please, how you get the 3+ group discount applied? Even going via Virgin’s group page I can’t it below £32 each.

Dont know the way round it panda.
    Virgin even have the front to say groupsave been applied when it has not.
    If you travel with a mate quite a bit get a two together railcard.
    £27 with a discount code get a 1/3 off.
    Weve got 4 cards in our little lot.
    Got the money back on one game.
    If your 26-30 also get one.
    If you take your kid get one.
    If your over 65 get a senior.

• edited November 2019
    RedPanda said:

There's a good app which i use called TrainPal, it automatically gives you group save discounts and offers you ticket split as well.
  • edited November 2019
    I presume Stoke have under soil heating?
    Do Stoke ever have postponed games these days, due to weather ?
  • I presume Stoke have under soil heating?
    Do Stoke ever have postponed games these days, due to weather ?
    Only when bob monro is on holiday
  • RedPanda said:

Try this Tel no 0333 103 1031,Virgin sales team.

• I'm assuming that they will give us plenty of tickets for the game, it's quite a large away bit. 
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm assuming that they will give us plenty of tickets for the game, it's quite a large away bit. 
    Even allowing for our Leedsesque away following the past 18 months, there will be plenty of room.

Cash on the day as well before anybody asks.
  • Thanks EA but don't mention cash the wife might be listening, I've told her away games are free.
  • Thanks EA but don't mention cash the wife might be listening, I've told her away games are free.
    They are free if your names elfs
  • I've taken a chance and booked, so it's bound to be switched for TV or postponed.
  • I've taken a chance and booked, so it's bound to be switched for TV or postponed.
    I imagine you'll be okay with the weather.  A relatively new ground should have undersoil heating.
  • edited November 2019
    I've taken a chance and booked, so it's bound to be switched for TV or postponed.
    I imagine you'll be okay with the weather.  A relatively new ground should have undersoil heating.
    Yes it has.

The ground is very exposed to the weather though and snow/ice on the approaches and in the stands can cause a problem - but the pitch will be ok!
  • Just booked up for this 11 out 18.50 back. New ground to tick off. 
  • on the football ground guide website

Don't be surprised if you are kept in after the game, in a fenced off compound to the rear of the away stand, whilst the Stoke fans are allowed to disperse. "
  • bobmunro said:
    I've taken a chance and booked, so it's bound to be switched for TV or postponed.
    Yes it has.

The ground is very exposed to the weather though and snow/ice on the approaches and in the stands can cause a problem - but the pitch will be ok!
    bobmunro said:
    Yes it has.

Yes I had a feeling that at least one game had been postponed because of ice/snow in the approaches to the stadium.
  • This game will not be covered by SKY for live coverage,so it is safe to book tickets.
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/