Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Conor Gallagher - first league goal for Chelsea (p77)

Comments

• Options
    He is the Baby Beckham. 
    The spanners can claim that they had an England great play for them - and this will be our response. 
  • Options
    Another Driesen success...
  • Options
    It's promising how many of that U21 side are playing regularly in the Premier League
  • Options
    With his swinger too. The real deal is this lad.
  • Options
    With his left foot too!
  • Options
    He has to leave Man City soon, he would be knocking on Southgates door if he gets some playing time somewhere
    He's still only 19 and he will be getting an awful lot from being around the likes of Sterling, De Bruyne, the Silvas etc. - David will be off soon and he'll get more of a chance
    Only concern with that is I wont be surprised if City just go and buy a David Silva replacement

Think if Foden was sold or went on loan to another League team he'd be able to show that he actually deserves to be that replacement

Still question if all his cameos are enough to prove that
    He's a Man City supporter though, so he's much more likely to be willing to stay and wait for his time to come, rather than do a Sancho and get the hump and leave.

Personally i think he'll be willing to wait and see what happens next year as David Silva is leaving at the end of this season. If they go and buy someone else or he doesn't get regular games next year, then for certain he'll be off.
  • Options
    Gallagher starts tonight for England Under 21's against Holland,game is live on BT Sport 1,kick-off 17.30.
  • Options
    I am very concerned that come January, Chelsea will be getting some large bids for him .. Leeds, WBA, Brighton, Palace, perhaps some of the really big prem clubs .. that is the trouble with having successful loan players, they are right in the shop window and rich clubs get their scouting and coaching done for nothing .. remember that Bielik went for a reputed £10 Million
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gallagher substituted after an hour,Holland leading 1-0.
  • Options
    clive said:
    Gallagher substituted after an hour,Holland leading 1-0.
    It's OK it was a mass substitution. 
  • Options
    With his swinger too. The real deal is this lad.
    Didn't know Yoda was a Lifer!

• Options
    edited November 2019
    I am very concerned that come January, Chelsea will be getting some large bids for him .. Leeds, WBA, Brighton, Palace, perhaps some of the really big prem clubs .. that is the trouble with having successful loan players, they are right in the shop window and rich clubs get their scouting and coaching done for nothing .. remember that Bielik went for a reputed £10 Million
    Gallagher ain’t going nowhere unless someone wants to throw silly money at Chelsea. His potential is worth far more to them than any £20m bids they would get. I reckon they’d need at least double that to even consider it in today’s inflated market.

That’s why I found it funny that people were suggesting we put in a £5 million bid in January. We’ve been gone for more than 12 years now and the Premier League sphere has shifted dramatically.
  • Options
    Gallagher ain’t going nowhere unless someone wants to throw silly money at Chelsea. His potential is worth far more to them than any £20m bids they would get. I reckon they’d need at least double that to even consider it in today’s inflated market.

That’s why I found it funny that people were suggesting we put in a £5 million bid in January. We’ve been gone for more than 12 years now and the Premier League sphere has shifted dramatically.
    That double negative means the only way Gallagher isn't going anywhere is if someone throws silly money at Chelsea...

• Options
    As I understand it from what Gallen said at the Trust meeting the danger is a premier or championship promotion chasing team may offer a fee plus pay his Chelsea wages in January.
  • Options
    As I understand it from what Gallen said at the Trust meeting the danger is a premier or championship promotion chasing team may offer a fee plus pay his Chelsea wages in January.
    I doubt Chelsea will massively care about that fortunately. His wages won't be that high and I would say Chelsea are more interested in ensuring he has a settled season where he progresses rather than offsetting his salary. If a team offers millions as a fee for a six month loan their view could change, but I'm not sure anyone will be willing to offer enough for that short time period to make it worth potentially disrupting Conor's season. They only have to look at Nketiah to see that bigger teams can offer more money but they can't necessarily offer game time as well, so it would be a hell of a decision to wrench him away from Charlton in January. No chance of us getting him again next season though, unless Roly buggers off
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    This really is Beckham's Preston season isn't it? Hope he remembers us when he turns out for England either next year or early 2021
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Doh! 
  • Options
    Another player out for Saturday now
  • Options
    Gallagher only had to survive 90mins against Sheffield Wednesday and he'd have needed 10-bookings for a suspension (albeit two games)
    Same with Lockyer, doesnt get booked on Saturday and we wont need to worry about the fifth booking
  • Options
    Silly booking. Had no chance of getting the ball and already on a warning.
  • Options
    We desperately need him in the side but someone of his age shouldn't be playing every minute of every game. An enforced rest is probably in his and our long term interest.

I didn't realise how many minutes he has played this season already for us. Plus the international games he has been involved in.
  • Options
    One of the few positives from Wednesday was this young chap. He has a lot of swagger, real personality on the pitch. I thought he was a real class apart from all other players.

He has technique, vision, mobility and real fighting spirit. Tackles like Scholes, sometimes you need to put in the odd naughty so you don't let physical teams intimidate.

His touch and turn show a real understanding of decisive & effective football. Takes up great spaces and looks for space before flashy nonsense. 1 on 1 he has some steps.

He is a brilliant striker of ball off both feet. Controlled,  powerful volleys. 

What is his level? Is he going to add presence or finesse? Can you add both? He could probably add a yard of pace and half a yard's leap naturally as he man's up over the new few years.

Definitely PL next year. Keeps with the growth and desire and probably Chelsea. Good luck to him for sure. His game will suit international football.

We do have one loanee who is undeniably world class and that is Leko. In an alleway against cones and bollards, head down run with the ball, he is unplayable. Unfortunately, when on a pitch with team-mates, he doesn't seem to have what anyone else in his team is doing.....world class touch, sunday league vision.