Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

How to manage email / pop up site notifications

Often repeated cry is ‘I’m getting loads of emails from CL’.

No one needs to get any emails from CL. You’ve accidentally bookmarked a thread and your personal settings are configured to send you an email for bookmarked thread.

Firstly, it’s easy to unbookmark a thread. You’ve accidentally clicked on the bookmark star on the right side of main list screen. Simply click on it again to unbookmark

Comments

• Secondly, review your notification settings to ensure your notifications are set best to suit you.

Follow these steps:

1. View the site in PC view, which will be the automatic view from your computer or your tablet. If viewing via a phone (mobile view), scroll to the very bottom of the screen and click on ‘Full Site’
  • 2. Click on your username in the top panel of the page 

• 3. Click on the drop down box on the right and select Edit Profile

• 4. In the left hand options click on Notification Preferences 

• 5. Configure the ticks in the Email and Pop Up notification columns to whatever suits your preference. Personally I’d want as few as possible selected as email, but it’s entirely your choice. I would advice unticking everything for the bottom Categories section. Once happy, click Save 

• Hope that helps. Happy to assist if anyone has any questions 
    Yes, what’s the square root of 52?
  • edited November 2019
    Gotta be the worst circling I've ever seen
    Yes, what’s the square root of 52?
    Seven and a bit
  • Thank you AFKA. An email address somewhere previously associated with my account must have a serious number of unread email notifications if the last 24 hours are anything to go by !!
  • Sponsored links:

• Bumping this as a reminder for the old guards and as a heads up for recent joiners.