Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    The grass did it
  • Options
    Son in tears on the pitch, just snapped Andre Gomes leg, and is clearly shaken by what he has done
    Son didn't snap his leg at all from what i saw.

Yes Son fouled him but out here on BeIn sports they showed replays and it looked like Gomes' leg got caught in the turf and then the damage was done by Aurier sliding into him. 
  • Options
    The ref has reacted to the injury. Late challenge had the yellow out and then saw it and gave him a red. VAR not looked at it - imagine it wouldn't have for down well if they had!
  • Options

Not for the feint hearted

• Options
    The ref has reacted to the injury. Late challenge had the yellow out and then saw it and gave him a red. VAR not looked at it - imagine it wouldn't have for down well if they had!
    Yeah agreed. Based on what i saw the red card for Son is harsh. 

Where is VAR to overrule it? It's fairly standard foul and Son was rightly given a yellow by the ref but then he saw Gomes' foot and changed it to a red. You surely can't change a decision based on the extent of an unfortunate injury. 

Horrific injury though and hope he recovers.
  • Options
    His foot is facing the wrong way so he has clearly broken his leg. 
    So yeah, no need to show it at all. No idea why anyone would want to see it after knowing it's bad enough to not do a reply of. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    So yeah, no need to show it at all. No idea why anyone would want to see it after knowing it's bad enough to not do a reply of. 
    It was more that sky didn't even say what the injury was - the pictures and confirmation came from twitter. Just found it strange as I'm pretty sure when i've seen matches with horrific injuries before they at least say what the injury was.

Anyway, best of recoveries to him. Going to be hard to come back from that.
  • Options
    The reaction of the other players told you exactly how bad it was. 
  • Options
    shine166 said:
    It was more that sky didn't even say what the injury was - the pictures and confirmation came from twitter. Just found it strange as I'm pretty sure when i've seen matches with horrific injuries before they at least say what the injury was.

Anyway, best of recoveries to him. Going to be hard to come back from that.
    You could see what the injury was, he was on the floor with his foot bent out of place.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think Sky probably wait to see how bad an injury is before deciding to show it.

Was watching the Palace game and there was a clash of heads between a Leicester player and two Palace players. All three players on the deck, physios on, they all got up in the end.

Once they were ok Sky showed the incident.
  • Options
    A Premier League statement read: "The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge."

This is bollocks & dangerous ground in my opinion.  Som"s challenge did not cause the injury, the way the player landed caused the injury.  The premier league are making up rules as they go along to justify bad decisions. I feel really bad for the guy as it's a horrible injury, but it wasn't Son's fault. The decision was wrong & the reasons given for it are rubbish 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    A Premier League statement read: "The red card for Son was for endangering the safety of a player which happened as a consequence of his initial challenge."

This is bollocks & dangerous ground in my opinion.  Som"s challenge did not cause the injury, the way the player landed caused the injury.  The premier league are making up rules as they go along to justify bad decisions. I feel really bad for the guy as it's a horrible injury, but it wasn't Son's fault. The decision was wrong & the reasons given for it are rubbish 
    MOTD2 last night also thought the red card was the wrong decision too. Otherwise ANY foul which leads to a bad injury then becomes a red card offence, even it wasn't the foul itself which directly caused it

You could tell by the reactions of the players too, none of them were surrounding Son which usually happens when someone does a bad tackle
  • Options

What a joke decision, given based on the injury with no logic.

Disappointing Liverpool sneak their way out again, definitely written this season. Hopefully City bash them this weekend!

• Options

Completely agree. Absolute nonsense statement.

It was a fairly standard foul, no worse than you'll see at most grounds on any weekend of the season.

Replays and images clearly show the injury was caused by a) his foot getting caught in the turf and b) Aurier sliding into him.

Just a freak accident really. 
  • Options
    Son has won his appeal to overturn the redd card

Crorrect decision IMO
  • Options
    Leicester making Arsenal look ordinary here!!
  • Options
    Arsenal are ordinary. 
  • Options
    Jamie Vardy has 20-goals in 22-appearances!!
  • Options
    Wait until you see the VAR controversy at WHL on MOTD, Sheffield United were robbed by VAR.  They were the better team by a country mile.  Poch is on borrowed time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Wait until you see the VAR controversy at WHL on MOTD, Sheffield United were robbed by VAR.  They were the better team by a country mile.  Poch is on borrowed time.
    Already seen it, just embarrassing; VAR is just taking the piss now and doesnt seem to care

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2mjozBfcp8
  • Options
    Leicester will get top 4 this season no question
  • Options
    2.0 Leicester 
    They are sooooo  good 
  • Options
    Were unlucky to lose @ Liverpool, cant wait to see them play Man City!!
  • Options
    I thought Arsenal were awful at times in the latter years of Wenger's reign. But this side has absolutely no character or fight in them.  
  • Options
    I doubt he'd leave Leicester so soon but Arsenal, Spurs and Man U could all be looking for new managers soon enough and they should all have Rodgers on their shortlists.

He's made a profit in the transfer market and made Leicester a much better side.
  • Options
    I thought Arsenal were awful at times in the latter years of Wenger's reign. But this side has absolutely no character or fight in them.  
    Said it from the off that Wenger going would see Arsenal slide down the League

They're going to be no different to Man Utd are now

On another note its quite remarkable that Sheffield United are currently 5th
  • Options
    Seeing the likes of Leicester and Sheffield United doing so well is what gives us all hope that with a decent owner so might we 
  • Options
    edited November 2019
    Seeing the likes of Leicester and Sheffield United doing so well is what gives us all hope that with a decent owner so might we 
    Dont hold your breath about Sheffield United having good owners now the Saudis are in charge