Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Premier League 2019/20

Comments

• Options
    Mourinho's first Chelsea team too, mainly because both City and Liverpool have weaknesses at the back whereas some of the best teams in Premier League history were just quality back to front.

Liverpool had Lovren, Henderson and Origi in today for example, all bang average. 
    Completely agree with Henderson, very overrated. How he is captain of that football club always baffles me 🤔
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    I was at Anfield today (perk of the job) and it will not be too long before teams start to realise Liverpool are there for the taking at times. With a bit more belief, Leicester could have done them a few weeks ago and the same today with Spurs. When they actually put their mind on attacking, they cut through Liverpools defense with ease at times. 
    Just shows how weak the premiership is, The Arsenal team of 03/04 or numerous Fergie sides are streets better
    All 4 European finalists last season being from the premier league definitely proves your point.

That Arsenal side drew TWELVE games that season. Yeah they didn't lose but they became more focused on not losing, than trying to win games. Guardiola's Man City side would beat them.
    You're telling me that Arsenal side with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Parlour, Campbell, Cole would be 2nd best to Man City?

OK that Arsenal team drew a few, did they lose at Norwich?

Who in that City team is world class?
    Who in that team is World Class...?

Ermmm probably just Ederson, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero....whilst top players like Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Jesus, Rodri etc

And yet you backed Arsenal up with Parlour and Ljungberg??!!
  • Options
    I was at Anfield today (perk of the job) and it will not be too long before teams start to realise Liverpool are there for the taking at times. With a bit more belief, Leicester could have done them a few weeks ago and the same today with Spurs. When they actually put their mind on attacking, they cut through Liverpools defense with ease at times. 
    Just shows how weak the premiership is, The Arsenal team of 03/04 or numerous Fergie sides are streets better
    All 4 European finalists last season being from the premier league definitely proves your point.

That Arsenal side drew TWELVE games that season. Yeah they didn't lose but they became more focused on not losing, than trying to win games. Guardiola's Man City side would beat them.
    You're telling me that Arsenal side with Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira, Pires, Ljungberg, Parlour, Campbell, Cole would be 2nd best to Man City?

Who in that team is World Class...?

Ermmm probably just Ederson, Fernandinho, Silva, De Bruyne, Sterling, Aguero....whilst top players like Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Jesus, Rodri etc

And yet you backed Arsenal up with Parlour and Ljungberg??!!

In their prime the only Arsenal players out that list that would get in the Man City team are Henry, Bergkamp,Vieira and A.Cole
  • Options
    Apparently according to The Guardian that the Southampton players have donated their weeks wages to Charity because of their pathetic performance against Leicester.
  • Options

Yes they would be second best to a City side who got 198 points and 201 goals in 2 seasons. Whilst also winning the league cup twice and the FA Cup.

Not denying that Arsenal had a good side, because obviously they did, but not on City's level. 

Ray Parlour! He wouldn't even have got on City's bench. 
  • Options

Yes they would be second best to a City side who got 198 points and 201 goals in 2 seasons. Whilst also winning the league cup twice and the FA Cup.

Not denying that Arsenal had a good side, because obviously they did, but not on City's level. 

But that brings it back to how weak the league is

The great Man Utd side that won the treble in 1999 only won the league with 79 points.   Is this City side 20 odd points better or is the league weaker?  My argument is the latter.  If City are so much better why haven't they won the champions league?  Just mopping up domestically.
  • Options

The great Man Utd side that won the treble in 1999 only won the league with 79 points.   Is this City side 20 odd points better or is the league weaker?  My argument is the latter.  If City are so much better why haven't they won the champions league?  Just mopping up domestically.
    Liverpool won the Champions League and still couldn’t win the Prem. 
  • Options

If only English clubs had won, or maybe even come runners up in any European competitions last year, then our league would look a lot stronger.

Proper WUM.
  • Options

In last seasons CL, English clubs knocked out:

Dortmund, PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Porto and Ajax (who had destroyed Juve and Real).

Man City also beat Schalke 7-0.

Hardly a weak league.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dortmund, PSG, Bayern, Barcelona, Porto and Ajax (who had destroyed Juve and Real).

Hardly a weak league.
    Not saying its weak, just weaker than previous seasons, sheff utd seem to be thriving with a pub team.  15 years ago theyd be playing for 4th bottom from the first game.  Arsenal are top 4, they're an awful side, Chelsea are up there playing the kids. 
  • Options
    I think Henderson is a top player for Liverpool and England.

Don't understand half of the hate he gets.
  • Options

Hardly a weak league.
    Not saying its weak, just weaker than previous seasons, sheff utd seem to be thriving with a pub team.  15 years ago theyd be playing for 4th bottom from the first game.  Arsenal are top 4, they're an awful side, Chelsea are up there playing the kids. 
    The kids that just went to Amsterdam and won 1-0.

• Options
    went with a mate on a freebie to arsenal yesterday - my word what a waste of an afternoon we was sitting right near the virgins who are beyond sad black flares, shirts off and chanting, also sat next to me was a bloke with a liverpool jacket on ffs. 

arsenal are just a banter club can understand xhaka reaction as it was a noticable jeer when he went off, but as a captain you cant behave like that.
  • Options

Hardly a weak league.
    What are you basing this 'playing for 4th bottom'  on?  Your imagination?  Any idea how much Shef Utd have spent since coming, they are competing on merit, european success shows the league is stronger than ever.
  • Options

Hardly a weak league.
    It just means they're well managed and every player knows their role.

In comparison last season Fulham spent over 100m and got relegated.
  • Options
    What about when Derby came up and got 11 points and only one win all season?  If the standard was so much higher now, they get 0 points and lose 0-5 every week?  This Sheff Utd side is light years ahead of that Derby side?  really?  I doubt it, I reckon the Derby team would sit comfortably mid table by todays standard
  • Options
    edited October 2019
    What about when Derby came up and got 11 points and only one win all season?  If the standard was so much higher now, they get 0 points and lose 0-5 every week?  This Sheff Utd side is light years ahead of that Derby side?  really?  I doubt it, I reckon the Derby team would sit comfortably mid table by todays standard
    State of that Derby County playing squad. Please stop.
  • Options
    Seriously Derby that season had Paul Jewell as Manager!!

Surely Chris Wilder since winning promotion with Northampton has shown he's the type of Manager who'll be successful
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WUM is WUMing.

(again)
  • Options

Surely Chris Wilder since winning promotion with Northampton has shown he's the type of Manager who'll be successful
    Didn't he win promotion previously with Wigan?
  • Options
    Yes because Wigan were the club he built

He inherited Derby
  • Options
    edited October 2019

Hardly a weak league.
    What are you basing this 'playing for 4th bottom'  on?  Your imagination?  Any idea how much Shef Utd have spent since coming, they are competing on merit, european success shows the league is stronger than ever.
    To be fair, Palace are 6th which proves something weird has happened since last season and I think the Championship is now the stronger of the two divisions
  • Options
    Yes because Wigan were the club he built

He inherited Derby
    How does that make him a bad manager?
  • Options

Thought Billy Davies was manager?
  • Options
    iaitch said:

Thought Billy Davies was manager?
    Got sacked end of November that season.
  • Options
    So just to be clear:
    . 12 years ago, Derby got the lowest points total in PL history
    . This proves that the league used to be stronger
  • Options
    Clinton Morrison saying Xhaka should apologise.

Why should he Arsenal fans havent apologised
  • Options
    Regardless of subject matter, Clinton Morrison’s opinion can be disregarded. The man is an intelligence vacuum.