Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Surely Leko Has To Start At Millwall?

We’ve got to take the game to Millwall from the start, rather than sit back and soak up pressure, surely Leko has got to be given a starting berth against Millwall?

Comments

• Depends which Leko wants to show up

He's one of those players who can really impact a game or can be a bit like Preston where he just doesnt get involved
  • Think we should go with the Leko/Oztumer option. Try and play our football and not get sucked into their game. We're a better footballing side, hopefully we can show it on the day.

Probably not, 3-0 loss coming our way.

Expect the worst, and we won't end up disappointed!

He's one of those players who can really impact a game or can be a bit like Preston where he just doesnt get involved
    Can he handle the occasion as well?
  • Can't see us not playing 2 up top so expect him to start, especially if Aneke is struggling.
  • I think we need to start Leko, though I can see the attraction of having him as an impact sub

I don't think Bowyer mentioned whether Hemed would be fit or not, though Davison looked ok in his brief cameo against WBA
  • edited November 2019
    It’ll be down to whether Bowyer has faith in him to handle the intimidation tactics of the Millwall crowd.

He will want a team of grinders. Is there a place for someone like Leko? I’m not sure.
  • It’ll be down to whether Bowyer has faith in him to handle the intimidation tactics of the Millwall crowd.

He will want a team of grinders. Is there a place for someone like Leko? I’m not sure.
    Thing is, Leko gives another option. Ok, we all know his weaknesses, but his ability to hold and then create space with the ball is something we dont have. I would play him.
  • It’ll be down to whether Bowyer has faith in him to handle the intimidation tactics of the Millwall crowd.

He will be the only one that’s willing to take on a man and go round players, 100% he’s in the lineup for me. 
  • I’d rather start players we can trust, and that just isn’t Leko. I’d keep him on the bench and bring him on if we need to roll the dice at some point.
  • edited November 2019
    It’ll be down to whether Bowyer has faith in him to handle the intimidation tactics of the Millwall crowd.

He will be the only one that’s willing to take on a man and go round players, 100% he’s in the lineup for me. 
    Hypothetically, he gets clattered four mins in and the crowd gets on his back. Is he still showing for the ball and taking on his man? I think I’m with @se9addick on this one...
  • Sponsored links:

I thought he was fairly decent when he came on and actually gave us a threat up front hat we did not have in the first half although granted it faded but Preston helped that with the tactics of braking at play all the time. 
  • edited November 2019
    I just don't trust Leko and I think for all his tricks he actually slows down our attacks. If he can make decisions quicker after beating the first man he can be an asset but I haven't seen any improvement since he first broke into the side. I hope he proves me wrong at Millwall.
  • edited November 2019
    I completely get what people say about can you rely on him (not always) and is a bit hit and miss, but I think he needs building up, we can’t just set up how we did last weekend, it didn’t work.

I know some people make the case that we could have Ronaldo, Messi and Callum Harriott in our starting lineup, and we’d still struggle to beat Millwall, I just think sitting back and soaking up pressure is too negative and invites unnecessary pressure.

Unless Lee is going to play Lyle, I’d start Leko, (just so we can sing the song if nothing else :-0.)
  • Without Leko and Williams i feel we lack any creativity at present. Although Leko is frustrating at times his pace alone stretches teams and causes issues. 

• There we go
  • Fucking hero
  • Sponsored links:

• Hmmmm
    He had an absolute shocker in the first half, head and body just not in the game.

I did say he’d have to do something in the first 10 minutes, otherwise he’d get hooked off.

Limited options on the bench, Groundhog Day has been resumed, just pretend it’s not happened and move on.
  • Very bad player. End of discussion.
  • Very bad player. End of discussion.
    Didn’t look good at all. Was getting stick from our lot and reacted to it. 
  • He’s shite. Didn’t fancy it one bit today and hid at times first half. Not having it that it’s his goal either, shot was going way wide before the deflection
  • Not a fan. He slows down all of our attacks when he gets on the ball. Struggles to beat a man when stood up.
  • Think he is a poor player. More interested in doing his own skills instead of looking up and passing the ball. Poor for me again today 
  • It's alright if you're technically limited, we're on a shoestring budget and living off scraps. But you simply cannot put in as little effort as he did in the first half and expect people to still want you in that line up. He never shows for the ball, never tracks back, never charges down and when he does have the ball 9 times out 10 he fucks it up anyway.
  • Croydon said:
    It's alright if you're technically limited, we're on a shoestring budget and living off scraps. But you simply cannot put in as little effort as he did in the first half and expect people to still want you in that line up. He never shows for the ball, never tracks back, never charges down and when he does have the ball 9 times out 10 he fucks it up anyway.
    I can understand when people say his decision making is poor and he doesn’t release the ball soon enough. However to say he doesn’t show for the ball and he never tracks back is nonsense.