Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statbank: Charlton 0-1 Preston N.E.

many thanks to the 75 Lifers who gave marks:

@1651 I realised that I have made a complete bollox of the 2nd page so it has been redone = apologies :)

Comments

• I can't remember when they hit the post. When was this? 
  • Good work as ever @lancashire lad

Sorry to be a pest, but ...

No foul against Pearce's name? Who conceded the penalty?!

I know some on here want to blame everything on Naby and the skipper's innocent of everything ...

• edited November 2019
    redman said:
    I can't remember when they hit the post. When was this? 
    It was the header that hit the bar, which they claimed (and I thought at the time) Dillon saved.
  • redman said:
    I can't remember when they hit the post. When was this?

86'  Jayden Stockley (Preston North End) hits the bar with a header from the centre of the box. Assisted by Paul Gallagher with a cross following a set piece situation.

that is the "official " version but I think Dills tipped it over but a goal kick was given
  • Good work as ever @lancashire lad

Sorry to be a pest, but ...

No foul against Pearce's name? Who conceded the penalty?!

I know some on here want to blame everything on Naby and the skipper's innocent of everything ...

quite right - thanks, edit will be made

• Pratley has been good this season at committing fouls without being booked. Yes he has 4 bookings, but that's probably quite a low percentage of the fouls he makes.
  • Pratley has been good this season at committing fouls without being booked. Yes he has 4 bookings, but that's probably quite a low percentage of the fouls he makes.
    That'll be experience!
  • Difficult to win games if only 3 of your players turn up.
  • I wonder how many times Purrington can lump it out of play for him to get lower marks 
  • Player costs us a point, isn't in bottom three.

Player leaves field on a clean sheet gets lowest marks this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Sarr bottom again 4.93.
  • 10 points off relegation not 6
  • we should be worried about the trend of results, 1 win in 6 not good. Have other teams now found us out and our weakness, also injuries not helping. We should be looking over are shoulder.
  • Naby with the outright worst performance of any Charlton player so far this season lol
  • msomerton said:
    we should be worried about the trend of results, 1 win in 6 not good. Have other teams now found us out and our weakness, also injuries not helping. We should be looking over are shoulder.
    Not a fair assessment in my view. We have been playing all the top teams in that spell including the top 4.
    It's also not true. in the last 6 we have beaten Derby and Leeds, also drawn at Fulham and WBA.  
  • Dazzler21 said:
    Player costs us a point, isn't in bottom three.

Naby with the outright worst performance of any Charlton player so far this season lol

People see what they want to see, and they ignore what they don't want to see.
  • msomerton said:
    we should be worried about the trend of results, 1 win in 6 not good. Have other teams now found us out and our weakness, also injuries not helping. We should be looking over are shoulder.
    As I put on the post-match thread (page 6) ...

Although we're on a "poor run of form" with only two wins in nine (W2 D2 L5) it doesn't really feel like that given the teams we've played in the last couple of months. I didn't see the Birmingham and Wigan matches but it sounds like only those results were worrying as there has been a good response to those defeats. Since then we've beaten Leeds (currently 2nd) and Derby (15th but expected to be in promotion contention), drawn with West Brom (4th) and Fulham (8th), and suffered late defeats to Swansea (3rd) and Bristol City (6th) before yesterday's loss to Preston (1st). If we'd had these results against the relegation-battlers then it would be cause for concern; November and December will be more telling for where the rest of our season may be heading.

Nine or ten first-teamers out of action never helps the cause either!
  • msomerton said:

Although we're on a "poor run of form" with only two wins in nine (W2 D2 L5) it doesn't really feel like that given the teams we've played in the last couple of months. I didn't see the Birmingham and Wigan matches but it sounds like only those results were worrying as there has been a good response to those defeats. Since then we've beaten Leeds (currently 2nd) and Derby (15th but expected to be in promotion contention), drawn with West Brom (4th) and Fulham (8th), and suffered late defeats to Swansea (3rd) and Bristol City (6th) before yesterday's loss to Preston (1st). If we'd had these results against the relegation-battlers then it would be cause for concern; November and December will be more telling for where the rest of our season may be heading.

Which lead me to think,who are they?...
    Taylor,Williams,Page(deperatley need him back),Field,Hemed,
    Why cant i think of the other 4 or 5?
  • Dazzler21 said:

Naby with the outright worst performance of any Charlton player so far this season lol

Nabby did have an outrageously poor first half though.
  • Sponsored links:

• msomerton said:

Which lead me to think,who are they?...
    Taylor,Williams,Page(deperatley need him back),Field,Hemed,
    Why cant i think of the other 4 or 5?
    Amos, Matthews, JFC, 
  • Lapslie was one but was back on the bench on Sunday
  • Aneke was missing for a while but then came back.
  • Aneke was missing for a while but then came back.
    Yeah but he still played against Bristol City ;)
  • edited November 2019

Its always going to be tough without your top scorer for over a month, Top assists Williams has also been out for the last 3 games.

We have had a tough run and injuries, so although on paper it looks like our form has dipped but I think that's a touch harsh IMO.

The sooner they key men come back we have more chance against anyone, we just need to get by and pick up the odd result before then. 

Dillon Phillips has been MOTM far too many times for me, mainly as that's not a good sign of how we are playing if he keeps getting MOTM.

• Dazzler21 said:

Nabby did have an outrageously poor first half though.
    Outrageous? Certainly not.

Bit ropey for sure, but he was our best defender in the air and was targeted on the deck.