Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Oops I tweaked the Lions' tail

Just arrived at Euston Station. Popped into Virgin Lounge to use the facilities. On my way out my route was blocked by a gaggle of young men in dark tracksuits. Clearly a football team. As I got closer I identified the badge. 

"Excuse me, please." I loudly asked. 
The one immediately in my way slowly moved aside.
"Typical Millwall," I muttered.
"Typical Millwall?!" One of them repeated, loudly, to all the others.
"Yes, well, I'm Charlton. See you on 9th November." I replied.

Then swiftly fled. I mean walked off with my head held high. 

Comments

• Now you gone & done it....!
  • Risking a dust up on your birthday! 
  • edited September 2019
    You said, 'Excuse me, please.', then the one in your way moved aside.
    And that's typical Millwall... What's the big deal?
  • Redskin said:
    You said, 'Excuse me, please.', then the one in your way moved aside.
    And that's typical Millwall... What's the big deal?
    SLOWLY is the word you are missing. 

‘Slowly moved aside’  

I think??
  • Their players suffer from the same billybigbollox attitude as their muggy fans
  • Sponsored links:

• Just arrived at Euston Station. Popped into Virgin Lounge to use the facilities. On my way out my route was blocked by a gaggle of young men in dark tracksuits. Clearly a football team. As I got closer I identified the badge. 

you should have just done him two footed, both feet off the ground, high heels showing
  • Bit of @Weegie Addick bravado after a couple of birthday sherbets.
  • Good work! 
  • edited September 2019
    You should’ve definitely got a few headlocks in Weegie. 
  • edited September 2019
    Curb_It said:
    You s you should’ve definitely got a few headlocks in Weegie. 
    Tempted but had only had one or two glasses of fizz by then, B. Actually, one of them was quite cute but I've no idea who he was as it feels far too dirty to go looking at pics of them on their official site!

Oh lordy I just tried Google. It was Ben Thompson. 
  • I'm a fifty something year old woman on my birthday walking through the midst of the Millwall squad. Sorry for you @doucher, @Redskin if you missed the point!
    So, just curious, are you a young 59?
  • 'on my birthday' -  Is that a euphemism for absolutely smashed?

If not, happy birthday for yesterday
  • edited September 2019
    Curb_It said:
    Tempted but had only had one or two glasses of fizz by then, B. Actually, one of them was quite cute but I've no idea who he was as it feels far too dirty to go looking at pics of them on their official site!

I could be wrong but isnt Ben a Charlton fan? i.e. Wiki says he was born in Sidcup but that means he could support either team

I swear I once read about there being a connection with us and him
  • Sponsored links:

• Curb_It said:

I could be wrong but isnt Ben a Charlton fan? i.e. Wiki says he was born in Sidcup but that means he could support either team

I swear I once read about there being a connection with us and him
    He did smile when I said I was Charlton.

No, not 59 - few years till that, thankfully!

It was genuinely my birthday. Had enjoyed a glass of champagne and couple of glasses of red wine on the four and a half hour journey from Glasgow so not that squiffy!

Btw, Millwall were on their way to Huddersfield from Euston - gives credibility to that story of Bowyer spotted at Euston going there for an interview. Phew that he didn't take that job.
  • Just arrived at Euston Station. Popped into Virgin Lounge to use the facilities. On my way out my route was blocked by a gaggle of young men in dark tracksuits. Clearly a football team. As I got closer I identified the badge. 

The Millwall players were in the ladies? 
  • Weegie, Pork Pie and me. The September 27th Charlton Massive... 
  • I'm a fifty something year old woman on my birthday walking through the midst of the Millwall squad. Sorry for you @doucher, @Redskin if you missed the point!
    apologies - lovely little story
  • Huddersfield trains go from Kings Cross #propercharlton
    Yes but it can be quicker to go Euston to Manchester and across from there, I believe.
  • I once saw Frazer Campbell buying a box of condoms in Boots at Euston station. He was in full Palace tracksuit, and there were a few other players milling about the station. They were due to play Burnley the next day so presume they were getting the train up.

God knows what he had planned, but at least he was sensible enough to take precautions with him to Lancashire.
    Not unless you change at Wakefield or Leeds (or Manchester)! #ProperproperCharlton
  • Bump. Hoping I've got them running scared.