Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Europa Conference League

Uefa have confirmed there 3rd tier competition will start in 2021

Will behind Champions League and Europa League and is aimed to get nore teams involved in European Competitions

No idea who is gonna be involved from an English point of view guessing the teams in 7th and 8th 

Comments

• Name makes it sound shit
  • edited September 2019
    Yes - they could have least called it the Conference.
  • How about The Cup Winners Trophy ?

although it doesn’t scan quite right but can’t think of anything else 
  • How about the European Winners of Cups Cup? 
  • The Cup Inspired By The Winners Of Cups 
  • edited September 2019
    Nah, I don't think any of these work.
  • Think I’ve got it.. The European Trophy of Cup Winners
  • Sponsored links:

• not sure if they’ve changed plans but the original idea behind this was to focus more on the lower level leagues in Europe. The top 5 leagues will only have 1 team, while the other nations will all have 2. Also, the Europa League group stages will be reduced from 12 groups to 8 groups so 32 instead of 48 teams.

as I say, these were the original ideas so maybe they’ve changed since agreeing it all.
  • Football Unified Cup Knockout.
  • not sure if they’ve changed plans but the original idea behind this was to focus more on the lower level leagues in Europe. The top 5 leagues will only have 1 team, while the other nations will all have 2. Also, the Europa League group stages will be reduced from 12 groups to 8 groups so 32 instead of 48 teams.

as I say, these were the original ideas so maybe they’ve changed since agreeing it all.
    Yeah I don’t think it’ll be loaded with teams from England, Spain, Germany etc. given the UEFA plans so I doubt places will go to 7th and 8th as suggested.

Europa league is being cut from 64 to 32 sides so less sides in the Europa means this new competition will primarily be contested by teams from lower-ranked countries.

However i believe that the team that wins the Carabao cup will qualify. Or either the runners up or the team that finishes 7th. So Wolves for example would've gone into this, rather than the Europa. Only the teams that finish fifth and sixth in the league will go straight into the Europa League.

Conference league will have 32 teams. All seems a bit pointless though. 
  • Suppose the idea is to give teams from the lower ranked countries a deep run in a European competition. Success breeds success etc
  • Suppose the idea is to give teams from the lower ranked countries a deep run in a European competition. Success breeds success etc
    But you'd still expect the sides from England, Germany, Spain, Italy etc to make the latter stages. 

Possibly a good chance for the likes of Rangers and Celtic too, as if the Europa league now only has 32 sides, i'm not sure if Scottish sides will even get in.
  • Cuppy McCupface? 

Europa league is being cut from 64 to 32 sides so less sides in the Europa means this new competition will primarily be contested by teams from lower-ranked countries.

However i believe that the team that wins the Carabao cup will qualify. Or either the runners up or the team that finishes 7th. So Wolves for example would've gone into this, rather than the Europa. Only the teams that finish fifth and sixth in the league will go straight into the Europa League.

Yeah. No country will have more European places than they do now. They're basically splitting the Europa League and making it 2 competitions.
    So all countries that have 3 teams in the EL will have 2 from 2021 and 1 will go into the new ECL
  • Tottenham are out of the Europa Conference League after Uefa ruled they forfeited their final match against Rennes.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/59725177
  • Are they gonna appeal cause winning this competition is a great way for them to qualify for the europa league next year ….
  • Sponsored links:

• I hadn't realised that there was a thread for this Mickey Mouse comp so posted this tweet on the Champions League one. No harm repeating it though is there?

I thought winners were teams that came top. Far too many European club competitions with too many silly little teams .

I agree with you.
    I quite liked the Anglo-Italian Cup.
  • MrOneLung said:
    Are they gonna appeal cause winning this competition is a great way for them to qualify for the europa league next year ….
    Hopefully not.  Got a much better chance finishing top 6 in the league now we're out of this poxy competition.  
  • Absolute result for Spurs. Knocked out of a mickey mouse cup they don't want to be in, while not having the embarrassment of actually being knocked out!

I thought winners were teams that came top. Far too many European club competitions with too many silly little teams .

I agree with you.
    I have to agree with you as well, totteringham are a silly little team.