Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Cody McDonald ?

edited December 2008 in Rumours
http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/318679154?-11197

Comments

• here we go again more non league fodder for us to send out on loan watch score and then say they cant hold the ball up
  • * Hits head on desk *

Haven't we learnt that signing non league 'talent' doesn't work.....we need proven players with experience to get us out of this relegation dogfight.
  • Sounds like something out of High School Musical...
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sounds like something out of High School Musical...

LOL - and in the wrong catgory eh! :-)
  • edited December 2008
    By the law of averages, one of these non-league signings should be a success. Shouldn't this be in the fun and jokes category?
  • What would be the point. He could score in every reserve game, set league one alight while on loan, be hungry to be a success and still not get a place in the first team.
  • cody rhodes would be more of a shout... WWE reference there for all the fans..
  • [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]By the law of averages, one of these non-league signings should be a success. Shouldn't this be in the fun and jokes category?

LOL ;-)
  • Come on lads, a flyer of a story on a website not know for it's quality, and you're all getting your knickers in a twist
  • I thought
    Corry Playsnonleaguewe're-gonnasignhimwhatasurprise

would be a better name!
  • Sponsored links:

• Steady, chaps. It sounds to me no more than journalist speculation or agents drumbeating. Here's a quote:

"The likes of Charlton, Huddersfield, Millwall and Peterborough are all thought to be tracking the powerful front-man."

'The likes of ....'?
    Nothing definite or even remotely specific in that sentence or anywhere in the entire article.
  • Snap, Rothko!
  • At least Dartford wouldn't stand in his way
  • wot sort of a name is Cody ? Alf or Del or Ted, thats a name for a footie player f**ckin Cody
  • he scored on saturday, it's on you tube. Although he looks quite small - or possibly just far away (one for the father ted fans)
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Come on lads, a flyer of a story on a website not know for it's quality, and you're all getting your knickers in a twist

Since when has Sky Sports website been not known for it's quality ? Perhaps you didn't open the link ?
  • I know his Dad - Ronald
  • [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]I know his Dad - Ronald

Is he old?
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Sounds like something out of High School Musical...

lol wouldn't know afka....
  • Norwich are keen on Dartford striker Cody McDonald, who is also wanted by Charlton and Crystal Palace. (Sun)

Come up again, on the BBC rumours page.
  • Sponsored links:

• Dartford striker Cody McDonald is having a medical and discussing personal terms at Norwich according too sky sports.
  • [cite]Posted By: covered end junior[/cite]Dartford striker Cody McDonald is having a medical and discussing personal terms at Norwich according too sky sports.

Norwich ..... ?
    Why is Pardew the new manager there .....???
  • He went off injured yesterday. Good close game that the Darts just shaded, McDonald lively but well marked. Difficult to say how far he can go, but a good strike rate at that level.
  • Just signed for Norwich.
  • I was working with him doing Scaffolding just over a year and half ago. Wasnt at Dartford then but seemed to have gone from strength to strength. Nice enough bloke hope it all goes well for him.
  • That's a nice thing to say, SE9.
  • just reading various pieces on Cody. Seems a decent lad, feet on the floor, been working as a scaffolder, had twins over Xmas. Good luck to him, hope he comes good and has a decent career in football. People like him and Andy Hunt who have had to work for a living and have gone into the pro game late seem to be a lot more rounded as a person and appreciate it more, rags to riches as it were.
  • Yes, a big loss for the Darts, but good luck to him.
  • Just spoken to a Dartford Player (not going to reveal his name) he went for anything upto £80k, with add ons etc etc, apparently going to earn take home, £1200 per week, without bonuses, appearance money or goal money, so not bad for the young un.

Apparently Gunn scouted him himself some months ago when that was his role at the club, and when he became manager he persude him based on that.
  • It always fascinates (and sometimes irritates) me how talented local players are spotted by clubs that are some distance away. There have been loads of local players, who would have been good signings for us, who have done well at other clubs. The Wallace brothers, Andy Townsend, Warren Barton just to name a few. I really hope Cody does well, but it will be another irritating one if he does.