Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Eddie Howe

Bournemouth up to third. What a job this fella has done.

can’t believe we were close one time getting him here

Comments

• edited September 2019
    He's the Bournemouth version of Alan Curbishley

In a way we ended up with better what with the ride we had under Chris Powell at the time

Be curious to see what happens to them when they decide Howe has done as well as he can or if he decides enough is enough

Think their time in the Premier League would very quickly come to an end
    Was  hoping that might be this season, sh*t ground, no fans  >:).
  • He has done a brilliant job, however League position atm doesnt mean much after 6 games(everyone else has played 5) and who they have played

Beat Villa, Everton, Southampton
    Drew to Sheffield Utd 
    Lost to City and Leicester.

Would still expect them to finish their usual 10th-16th but not challenging any higher.
  • Won't be long before their fans start moaning that he's taken them as far as he can...
  • Credit where credit is due, doing a great job  hope he goes onto a bigger club and does similar, young English management talent.
  • Great manager
  • Early days. Palace were 4th last week, now they’re 12th.
  • Sponsored links:

• Really dislike his face
  • Remember us being top after 6 or so games ..Murphy threading some superb through balls for Benty...
  • LenGlover said:
    Won't be long before their fans start moaning that he's taken them as far as he can...
       He may well may do. That’s when your chairman needs to step up.
  • I know the backing of a Russian billionaire owner has helped Bournemouth big time, still think he’s done an incredible job there, when I was a kid they were a tin pot 4th division club, so to even be in the top flight is amazing.

I wonder if Eddie would ever be considered for the England job one day?
  • edited September 2019
    LenGlover said:
    Won't be long before their fans start moaning that he's taken them as far as he can...
       He may well may do. That’s when your chairman needs to step up.
    Not sure about this.

Yes, there's a fair amount (relatively) of "fans" who've rocked up in the last few years claiming to have been going since the days of Ted McDougal or seen James Hayter's hat-trick (I did see it btw). But for the most part most Cherries seem still to be in a state of shock they are where they are and the quality of the squad these days. Much more so than perhaps we would be if our positions were reversed given our comparative history and size.

They are absolutely done for when Howe goes mind...
  • It helps to have a rich chairman, money to spend, no debt, no expectancy from the fans
  • Didn’t he go to Burnley and not do too well?
    Or did I just dream that?

Bournemouth just annoy the bejesus out of me. How can you have a team in the PL for that amount of time still with a ground that small?
  • edited September 2019
    Didn’t he go to Burnley and not do too well?

Bournemouth just annoy the bejesus out of me. How can you have a team in the PL for that amount of time still with a ground that small?
    Because the ground/gate money is almost irrelevant compared to the TV money and a billionaire owner who is happy to splash the cash.

Eddie has done a good job, with some players he has done better than a good job.  Let's not get carried away he isn't the second coming of Clough.  Given expectations and the backing it would have been hard to be seen as a failier tbh.  Let's not forget they cheated to get there, its not the fairy tale some in the press try and suggest it is. 
  • Real life football manager player. Saved them from non league and has taken them all the way to the top. Incredible. 
  • I had hoped he would replace Wenger. There are few places for young English managers to go these days
  • Sponsored links:

• Didn’t he go to Burnley and not do too well?

He left Burnley and returned to Bournemouth for family and personal reasons after his mother passed away.
  • sholland said:
    Didn’t he go to Burnley and not do too well?

He left Burnley and returned to Bournemouth for family and personal reasons after his mother passed away.
    Cheers!
  • Think he would've been a great replacement for Wenger at Arsenal
    Arsenal would never hire an English Coach, they need someone who knows the European game
    All day long, I'm glad I have found another knowledgeable fan who says the same.

Bournemouth play football on the deck and would have suited the Arsenal style.  

Perhaps him not being a 'name' was considered a gamble.

He deserves to get a big job, he wants to play football the right way.
  • RedChaser said:

In a way we ended up with better what with the ride we had under Chris Powell at the time

Be curious to see what happens to them when they decide Howe has done as well as he can or if he decides enough is enough

Disappointing post.
  • RedChaser said:

Disappointing post.
  • Early days. Palace were 4th last week, now they’re 12th.
    Good.
  • "Arsenal style" what arrogant gobby woolwich reject fuckwits ? hope Howe stays well away
  • Having a great start to the season. Rookie keeper as well. I always hope Bournemouth stay up because it annoys Leeds fans. Tinpot Bournemouth in top flight Leeds 20 years outside top flight.