Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

2019/20 Champions League

Comments

• Napoli have looked appalling at the back so far this season.
    Even the clean sheet against Samp this weekend was far from convincing.
    With Liverpool’s front 3 all fit I’d expect goals in that game for sure.
  • First group games are tonight.

Some big games in the opening week;
    Dortmund v Barcelona  &  Napoli v Liverpool tonight
    Atleti v Juventus  &  PSG v Real Madrid tomorrow
    PSG will be without Mbappe, Neymar and Cavani
  • edited September 2019
    Slavia Prague 1 up at Inter Milan...
  • They’ve got about 30 mins left to hold on. Can they do it?
  • 92nd min equaliser. :-(
  • Still six more minutes to play
  • They’ve got about 30 mins left to hold on. Can they do it?
    Argh!!... 91st min equaliser
  • Brilliant save to deny Lukaku in the 97th minute
  • Lyon Zenit also ended 1-1
  • Sponsored links:

• Terrible result, especially considering their other 2 opponents in the group are Dortmund and Barca.
    home to Slavia Prague is your easiest game. 3 points a must if you’re aiming to progress 
  • So impressed with Napoli defensively that first half.
    fantastic passing in tight spaces as always with Napoli BUT as I mentioned earlier, they have been awful at the back in the league. With Liverpool as strong up top as they are I feared it could be 3 or 4. NOW it still could be if I’ve cursed them with this post but they’ve defended very well so far. 
  • Good first half for Genk haha

Losing 5-1 to Salzburg 

Haland has 3 goals, he has 11 goals in 7 league games and now 3 in the Champions League.
  • edited September 2019
    Lots of under 2.5goals and draws tonight I think.

Nobody wants to lose their first game in the champs league, can see a lot of defensive setups.

4 of the 6 8PM games still 0-0 aproaching 60 minutes
  • A lot of complaints on twitter about that Napoli penalty. I can’t see why? Clear penalty for me.
  • Oh dear. Chelsea. That IS sad.
  • That Chelsea penalty was great.

Barkley grabbed the ball despite only being on the pitch 8 minutes, Jorginho went over to him like what are doing and Barkley said its mine, then Willian was like I want it, bbut Barkley kept pointing to hinself saying it was his, and then he hit the crossbar and skied it haha
  • Dortmund’s yellow wall tonight. Wow.

Love German football fans and atmosphere. Started a thread a while back on attending games abroad as I went to Mainz v Schalke in February and the Mainz fans were excellent that day. But that yellow wall is amazing.
  • A lot of complaints on twitter about that Napoli penalty. I can’t see why? Clear penalty for me.
    Were you on the VAR panel last night? Awful decision. He literally throws himself over the defender.

https://twitter.com/MrNickMason/status/1174188835825172480
  • Sponsored links:

• Erling Haland (the son of Alf-Inge who was done by Roy Keane) is a serious talent.

19 years of age, scored NINE goals in one game at the U20 world cup a few months ago and now has 17 goals in 9 games this season. His hat trick last night was his 4th hat trick this season.

The big clubs will be queueing up for him next summer (unless RB Leipzig already have a deal to sign him sorted)
    Were you on the VAR panel last night? Awful decision. He literally throws himself over the defender.

https://twitter.com/MrNickMason/status/1174188835825172480

• Am i missing something? That angle also shows it was a blatant dive.

He throws himself into Robertson's leg and then goes over.
  • 17/9/19 .. south Europeans show up two of our top teams, including the present trophy holders .. Liverpool are showing signs of fatigue and general team wear and tear, as are Man City in the Prem .. Chelsea after Hazard look toothless and must learn to nominate a regular penalty taker
  • Hate Liverpool and glad they lost, but thats a dive
  • Am i missing something? That angle also shows it was a blatant dive.

He throws himself into Robertson's leg and then goes over.
    I agree, he was half over before any contact was made and left his leg trailing deliberately.

But 'there was contact' is now acceptable to go over and win a penalty.
    Regarding VAR as explained by the ref working for BT (Peter Walton) the video referee will only be deciding if the error is clear and obvious. Which as 'there was contact' it wasn't. 
  • 17/9/19 .. south Europeans show up two of our top teams, including the present trophy holders .. Liverpool are showing signs of fatigue and general team wear and tear, as are Man City in the Prem .. Chelsea after Hazard look toothless and must learn to nominate a regular penalty taker
    They've won 5 out of 5 in the league! 

They also lost to Napoli last year but they'll be fine as they will almost certainly win all 3 home games and away at Genk.
  • edited September 2019
    Liverpool's focus is 100% on their 1st Premier Title but they will still cruise through this group. 
    Genk could concede a record amount of goals in this group unless Liverpool and Napoli declare when they get to 4 goals.
    They've won 5 out of 5 in the league! 

They also lost to Napoli last year but they'll be fine as they will almost certainly win all 3 home games and away at Genk.
    I'll take your answer seriously when they beat a team in form and of substance .. Newcastle, Southampton and Burnley, flimsy Arsenal and Norwich in their first game back in the Prem .. I'd call that 5 outta 5 bankers
  • The fact that’s a penalty and the Lascelles tackle on Kane wasn’t just further highlights the problems with VAR.