Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Napoli v Cagliari

On holiday next week in the Amalfi coast. Just realised that Napoli are playing Cagliari on the Wednesday night so tempted to go. Anyone been? Any tips? 

Comments

• Visited the ground but not seen a game there. Was a bit of a shithole if I remember correctly but this was a few years ago so it may have been done up since then.

Napoli isn’t the greatest place in Italy (by some margin).

Amalfi and the surrounding areas are fantastic though.
  • Ignore that, it was Pisa’s ground that wasn’t all that, Napoli’s is fairly decent.
  • Just think it could be a very atmospheric game. Went to the Nou Camp on previous holiday and it was wild 
  • kimbo said:
    Just think it could be a very atmospheric game. Went to the Nou Camp on previous holiday and it was wild 
    Napoli's support isn't great. Their average attendance last season was just under 29k, in a stadium that holds 60k. Their owner was moaning the other day about how he doesn't understand why the support is so low.
  • Just read this that has put me off a bit. Might just watch in local pub. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/12/liverpool-wont-affected-work-napoli-stadium-carloancelotti/Liverpool fans warned they face threat to personal safety if they make trip to Naples for Champions League tie
  • It's edgy. I got tear gassed and chased down a side street as either home fans or Kyiv fans were setting off fireworks at my home queue (Kyiv fans were supposedly in a 'bubble'). Saw a flare chucked in a taxi window which was a fire ball within two minutes. I considered not going in. 

It should be more sedate for Cagliari plus the fans' protests mentioned above. I think that stems from the owner buying Bari instead of investing in Napoli. 

I bought online via an agency but you should be able to purchase in the city for a smaller game. I can look up outlets if you want. Sit along the side for a bit more safety. Trains from the centre stop 5-10 mins walk from the south stand. That's where I came out and everyone was lobbing fireworks and flares at each other. Enjoy. 
  • edited September 2019
    RedPanda said:
    It's edgy. I got tear gassed and chased down a side street as either home fans or Kyiv fans were setting off fireworks at my home queue (Kyiv fans were supposedly in a 'bubble'). Saw a flare chucked in a taxi window which was a fire ball within two minutes. I considered not going in. 

It should be more sedate for Cagliari plus the fans' protests mentioned above. I think that stems from the owner buying Bari instead of investing in Napoli. 

I bought online via an agency but you should be able to purchase in the city for a smaller game. I can look up outlets if you want. Sit along the side for a bit more safety. Trains from the centre stop 5-10 mins walk from the south stand. That's where I came out and everyone was lobbing fireworks and flares at each other. Enjoy. 
    Sounds like Gillingham away
  • Been to a couple games in Italy - but northen Italy. Definitely worth going as atmosphere is different but great and the matchday food is going to be a shock to the system as it will be top notch. I went to see Fiorentina v Parma and Cesena v Torino.
  • kimbo said:
    Just read this that has put me off a bit. Might just watch in local pub. 

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/09/12/liverpool-wont-affected-work-napoli-stadium-carloancelotti/Liverpool fans warned they face threat to personal safety if they make trip to Naples for Champions League tie
    “All belts will be checked and any deemed to have an oversized buckle will be confiscated,” reads the warning.

never realised this was a thing. so i guess they have had problems with people taking off their belt and clobbing people over the head with the buckle? 
  • unless of course its a fashion faux pas in Naples? 
  • Sponsored links:

• kimbo said:

“All belts will be checked and any deemed to have an oversized buckle will be confiscated,” reads the warning.

never realised this was a thing. so i guess they have had problems with people taking off their belt and clobbing people over the head with the buckle? 

At a derby in Peru I went to they were all left outside for people to collect afterwards, except people were just grabbing handfuls and running off to the home fans.

I don’t remember being checked too OTT at Napoli (in 2016), certainly no belts being confiscated. Don’t watch it in a pub Kimbo, you’ll just spend 90 minutes thinking “I wish I had gone.”

• edited September 2019
    I also went to a fourth division match -Forli v Triestina. Football was poor but crowd violence was up there! Was quite a few years ago though.
  • You’ll be absolutely fine going to that game. Try and get tickets on the halfway line and you’ll be well away from any trouble, even if there is any.
  • edited September 2019
    When we went to the Fiorentina v Parma game, we were on the side but also slightly behind the pitch so you needed to watch with your neck at an angle. Behind the goal were loads of empty seats with a fantastic view. There was only one bloke sitting there below the away fans and he had an umbrella (it wasn't raining). We thought about making our way to those seats for a better view but decided, there must be a good reason why they were empty. Sure enough, not long after, the Parma fans started lobbing bottles and all sorts of other missiles at the bloke with the umbrella and the empty seats. He had some guts! I'm surprised we didn't see them!
  • Been to a couple games in Italy - but northen Italy. Definitely worth going as atmosphere is different but great and the matchday food is going to be a shock to the system as it will be top notch. I went to see Fiorentina v Parma and Cesena v Torino.
    You get parmesan shavings on your 6 chips?
  • Most Italians refuse to eat shit so they have to give them top quality. Many of us will happily eat a burger that has come out of a tin and dried onions which have had hot water poured on them. Stadium food in Germany is excellent quality too btw. Different but excellent.
  • Most Italians refuse to eat shit so they have to give them top quality. Many of us will happily eat a burger that has come out of a tin and dried onions which have had hot water poured on them. Stadium food in Germany is excellent quality too btw. Different but excellent.
    I have been to the San Siro numerous times and the food is shit. 
  • edited September 2019
    Go to the game. Sit in Curva B. The atmosphere is a different level from English football. Enjoy!
  • edited September 2019
    Most Italians refuse to eat shit so they have to give them top quality. Many of us will happily eat a burger that has come out of a tin and dried onions which have had hot water poured on them. Stadium food in Germany is excellent quality too btw. Different but excellent.
    I have been to the San Siro numerous times and the food is shit. 
    Yeah I've found it to be a mixed bag in Italy. The good stuff is outside the grounds at the porchetta and panini vans. The little coffee liquers at your seat are nice though. 
  • kimbo said:

Ignore the Liveroool incident, the scousers get hassle all the time after Heysel.

As @RedPanda says go to the game, you'll be fine.