Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Romelu Lukaku

Sad that there has to be a thread for this sort of thing, not to mention wonder how long it'll be open for

Quite a staggering response from a group of Inter Milan fans 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49576840

Comments

• I've seen the video and its disgusting.
    Not the first time it's happened at Cagliari. 
    Club should face points deduction.
  • What chance have you got with a mindset like that? The Italian authorities do fuck all as well.
  • And yet all Governing bodies still have their pathetic reactions to these incidents

Just look at the fines that Montenegro / Millwall received compared to Leeds' fine for their staff member being on a public footpath
  • PopIcon said:
    I've seen the video and its disgusting.
    Not the first time it's happened at Cagliari. 
    Club should face points deduction.
    Mentioned this on the Serie A thread a couple of days. The Italian FA will do nothing as usual.
  • I love Serie A but the priorities are staggering.

Only half the league have installed fan recognition cameras around their stands and curva's to pin point trouble makers, surely with the damage it is doing to the league they should be mandatory like the VAR cameras...... Which are more expensive.

Matuidi, Muntari, Eto'o, Kean last year and now Lukaku are all high profile cases which have been highlighted in not just national media, but overseas journalism too. 
  • Fiiiiiish said:
    I love Serie A but the priorities are staggering.

Only half the league have installed fan recognition cameras around their stands and curva's to pin point trouble makers, surely with the damage it is doing to the league they should be mandatory like the VAR cameras...... Which are more expensive.

Matuidi, Muntari, Eto'o, Kean last year and now Lukaku are all high profile cases which have been highlighted in not just national media, but overseas journalism too. 
    And that's just bloody Cagliari. Their problem with racism is huge. 
  • Bizarre. There was a similar response from Zenit ultras recently when Zenit signed Malcom. The ultras abused him, and their response was that they aren't racist, they are just trying to uphold the traditions of Zenit not signing black players. The mental gymnastics people will go through to reframe their racial abuse of others is incredible. You'd think if you were enough of a dickhead to racially abuse someone you'd be willing to own it, but no.
  • This type of unacceptable racist behaviour goes back years. Italy and Eastern Europe have a deeply ingrained tradition of racism, which will continue to get worse unless these mindless morons are confronted and made to be accountable for their actions.

However, we all know how collectively useless the footballing authorities are responding to any important issue. While they continue to sit on the hands as usual and do nothing, individual clubs and supporters should renew their efforts to stamp this cancer out.

• Shocking enough from the Cagliari fans... But for the Curva North (Inter fan group) to back them is outrageous! I doubt he'll do it, but I'd love it if Lukaku slapped down a transfer request over this. 
  • Sponsored links:

• If the Italian authorities won't take it seriously kick their teams out of European competitions. 
  • Shocking enough from the Cagliari fans... But for the Curva North (Inter fan group) to back them is outrageous! I doubt he'll do it, but I'd love it if Lukaku slapped down a transfer request over this. 
    As ridiculous as Bonucci's comments after the Kean incident last year, he blamed Kean for making himself a target with his goal celebration.

Total twerp
  • edited September 2019
    Shocking enough from the Cagliari fans... But for the Curva North (Inter fan group) to back them is outrageous! I doubt he'll do it, but I'd love it if Lukaku slapped down a transfer request over this. 
    I agree, when this sort of thing happens money shouldn't be an issue. Just play football where people respect you and colour doesn't come into it. To be honest some players have got to think more about where they move to. You could argue by raising these issues fans might change their attitude but history shows this has been going on for in Italy and Russia for many years now and unlikely to change
  • That letter from the inter fans was the biggest load of crap I've read for a long time
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Not sure if this is true but from what I know about these Ultras they have real power at alot of European clubs. To the point where fan recognition cameras would be protested against. 
  • I've heard this excuse from ultras of another club I spoke to so it seems to be the stock excuse for their racism. 

Unfortunately it seems to be a bigger issue than football and I think only educating these people rather than bannings and punishments is the only long term solution.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Not sure if this is true but from what I know about these Ultras they have real power at alot of European clubs. To the point where fan recognition cameras would be protested against. 
    What I mean, they protest it And have the power to stop it from happening 

Alot have the ear of the top brass at the club. Or they can intimidate those who are at the top. 
  • Probably posting on tbe wrong side, but
    This is a Italian wide problem.

The less we  have to do with Italy the better.
    Roll on 31 October.

Shame on remainers.

This is going to get deleted.
    Italy doesn't equal the EU lmao 
  • That is some feat of mental gymnastics. Wow.
  • edited September 2019
    One of the problems is the Italians attitude to football. Basically, anything can be done to win you the game. It is a cultural thing. I say that as a half-Italian. Having said that, you do have to draw lines and if they guilty get punished, that is the best way. This is an Italian League matter in the first instance, but UEFA have not been strong enough on racism historically. 
  • Sponsored links:

• It's time UEFA started banning clubs from countries like Italy, Russia, Croatia etc. from the Champions League and Europa League - we'd soon see some action t stamp this kind of thing out if the top clubs in these countries can no longer get their heads in the trough.
  • edited September 2019
    They could stop diving if they handed out retrospective three game bans for clear dives too. Again, if you delve into the Italian football culture, they don't see diving as an issue. It is part of the game.

I know Charlton were upset when we played in the Anglo-Italian cup many moons ago. They were not used to being spat at for example. Something that is not acceptable here. Rightly so too.
  • Fiiiiiish said:

Very true, it wasn't so long ago Lazios replica kit sales were run by their Ultras. I used to go to Inter every year,  it was taken as read that the Police didn't go into the Curva Nord (the Inter end) as the Ultras had decided that they would control it. I think that was the case in a lot of grounds at the time.
  • It's time UEFA started banning clubs from countries like Italy, Russia, Croatia etc. from the Champions League and Europa League - we'd soon see some action t stamp this kind of thing out if the top clubs in these countries can no longer get their heads in the trough.
    Chelsea fans...
  • edited September 2019
    Almost makes you wish that we had not bloody invented and codified the modern game, what what!

Leave the bludgers to carry on chucking donkeys off of bell towers and running around in silly costumes being chased by pissed off and terrified daddy cows!
  • Not comparing racism with hooliganism. I just wonder what a 5yr ban from competing in Champions League or Europa would do to some of these countries. English teams were demonised and banned because of awful acts and you could argue it worked. Like i say, i am not comparing as i know people died however it was ALL English teams banned after Heysel due to a minority of fans. 

• I know Charlton were upset when we played in the Anglo-Italian cup many moons ago. They were not used to being spat at for example. Something that is not acceptable here. Rightly so too.
    Too many snowflake fans about 🙄
  • edited September 2019
    As a half Italian and my goalkeeping son being a quarter Italian, I can say that when he has to retrieve a ball, it is always much, much harder to do so, if we are narrowly winning. The position of thick bushes is always noted in advance of game for the same reason. But not being full Italians, we would never stoop so low as racism. But seriously, there is no limit to Itlalians when it comes to football. You can do anything if it helps you to win. This isn't an exageration, it is a fact. The motivation is not racist, it is winning but that doesn't justify it. But they seriously won't believe they are being racist.