Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Concentrate on the League

Embarrassing to say the least but if someone told me we’d win the first two League games and go out to Forest Green I’d take that.

Comments

• One thing Lee doesn’t do is cups . We’ve learned that . 
  • Only 1 FA Cup game in the way now...
  • I’d rather not enter these competitions. A view I would say shared with many judging by tonight’s attendance, team section and a knowing how these cups end up won for the most part by a top team.
    Our squad is not good enough in depth to be competitive in the league and cups.
  • We should be called Charlton ‘concentrate on the league’ athletic 
  • edited August 2019
    I fancy us to reach the 3rd round of the FA cup.
  • I fancy us to teach the 3rd round of the FA cup.
    The only thing we will teach teams in the third round of the FA Cup is how to go out in the third round of the FA Cup 
  • Should beat Forest Green though ffs
  • There were quite a few Championship sides going out to lower sides who feel the same way. It's a nonsence having the League Cup this early.
  • There were quite a few Championship sides going out to lower sides who feel the same way. It's a nonsence having the League Cup this early.
    Nine games decided on penalties last night, eight of which were won by the away team. In almost all cases, the away team was the inferior team.
  • Sponsored links:

• Barnsley got well beaten at home by Carlisle. If we get 3pts against them on Saturday i will forget about last night

• edited August 2019
    It usually winds me up no end when we miss out on an opportunity to get a few cup games in but this is one season where I felt it was the result we needed. We don’t need to test ourselves against Championship sides, we are already doing that, we don’t need the distraction of a big game against a PL side and we definitely don’t need to risk getting drawn away for a midweek game at some northern or south west outpost of the British Empire and unnecessarily push our players into a long trek there and back in between important weekend league games. We are going up again this year and that’s what we should focus upon achieving.
  • Don't know why i get up for this everrrry year, only to be knocked straight back down! haha 
  • Finally I must learning, neither upset or surprised by early cup exits these days. 
  • League for me all the way. Sounded like tonight was an added friendly to increase fitness rather than progress. 
  • Absolutely not bothered in the slightest we're out. I know Bowyer is saying it's good to have it for some of the fringe players but realistically 2 or 3 of them need to go out on loan, not just play a couple of league cup games.

With the squad that we have we do need to focus on the league. Less cup games means less suspensions and less injuries. For this season I'd quite happily take this exit and an FA cup 3rd round loss at home to a non-league team if we're still in the Championship next season.
  • Should beat Forest Green though ffs
    And would've if the pen had been scored in normal time despite our reserve team.
  • Barnsley got well beaten at home by Carlisle. If we get 3pts against them on Saturday i will forget about last night

Not even there and I've forgotten it already.
  • Take the positives from last night. Fringe players getting playing time with LB getting the chance to see how they respond. Can only help in long run.
  • It usually winds me up no end when we miss out on an opportunity to get a few cup games in but this is one season where I felt it was the result we needed. We don’t need to test ourselves against Championship sides, we are already doing that, we don’t need the distraction of a big game against a PL side and we definitely don’t need to risk getting drawn away for a midweek game at some northern or south west outpost of the British Empire and unnecessarily push our players into a long trek there and back in between important weekend league games. We are going up again this year and that’s what we should focus upon achieving.
    British Empire😆 What's that?
  • Sponsored links:

Charlton dont do cups.

fecking hate it. Most other teams go for it, why not us?

• BFG94 said:
    Take the positives from last night. Fringe players getting playing time with LB getting the chance to see how they respond. Can only help in long run.

They clearly responded well last night.
  • happy we are out 
  • It usually winds me up no end when we miss out on an opportunity to get a few cup games in but this is one season where I felt it was the result we needed. We don’t need to test ourselves against Championship sides, we are already doing that, we don’t need the distraction of a big game against a PL side and we definitely don’t need to risk getting drawn away for a midweek game at some northern or south west outpost of the British Empire and unnecessarily push our players into a long trek there and back in between important weekend league games. We are going up again this year and that’s what we should focus upon achieving.
    British Empire😆 What's that?

The bits on the map coloured in red. Middlesbrough and Sunderland for instance 

Charlton dont do cups.

fecking hate it. Most other teams go for it, why not us?

Can live with it for the league cup....it's only the start of the season and sooner concentrate on the league, however IF we find ourselves in a decent position come January I hope we can give the FA Cup a good go.