Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Players Marks:Carabao Cup R1.S. Charlton v Forest Green Rovers (Closes 10 a.m. Thursday)

for the valiant few at the Valley your marks please:

Amos: 
Wiredu: 
Oshilaja: 
Sarr: 
Doughty: 
Forster-Caskey: 
Lapslie: 
Morgan: 
Field:
Aneke:
Bonne: 
Quitirna (Junior):
Referee:

Ocram: n/a

Comments

• Amos: 7 made some good saves and some good distribution. Docked a mark for not saving any penalties 
    Wiredu: 5 wobbly 
    Oshilaja: 7 secure 
    Sarr: 7.5 hero captain, warrior, warhorse, spine of the team, birthday boy, our biggest attacking threat etc etc 
    Doughty: 5.5 wobbly but got forward now and again 
    Forster-Caskey: 3 absolute horrorshow, needs a loan 
    Lapslie: 6 beetled about nicely, loses lots of marks for his composure in front of goal 
    Morgan: 7 our brightest midfielder, loses half a mark for missing his kick 
    Field: 6.5 didn't think he was that bad except for losing the ball for their best chance. Quite boring though. Sure he's got more in the tank 
    Aneke: 6.5 didn't really happen for him but a touch of class 
    Bonne: 4 complete non-entity 
    Quitirna (Junior): 4.5 ditto, after a bright first 30 seconds 
    Referee: 8 yeah good whatever 
  • Amos: 6 one decent save from point blank range
    Wiredu: 5 not good enough to be a back up to Solly
    Oshilaja: 5.5 not great
    Sarr: 7 best shot we had was him, also won us a penalty with a great run into the box
    Doughty: 3.5 out of his depth against a league 2 side, needs a loan to a team in the 5th/6th tier I reckon
    Forster-Caskey: 3 dreadful penalty capped a dreadful game for him
    Lapslie: 6 tried his best but nothing much happened for him
    Morgan: 5 forgot he was playing in the end, didn't do a lot
    Field: 4.5 the Invisible Man, did nothing of note in the first half apart from fall over
    Aneke: 5 isolated and couldn't form a partnership with Bonne
    Bonne: 4 looked a right Donkey, not very quick either
    Quitirna (Junior): 5 pacy but headless
    Referee: 5 gave way too many fouls at the start and set a precedent
  • Amos: 7
    Wiredu: 6
    Oshilaja: 6
    Sarr: 6.5
    Doughty: 6
    Forster-Caskey: 4.5
    Lapslie: 3.5
    Morgan: 5
    Field: 5
    Aneke: 6
    Bonne: 6
    Quitirna (Junior): 4
    Referee: 6
  • Amos: 7 
    Wiredu: 5
    Oshilaja: 7
    Sarr: 8 only positive
    Doughty: 6 good first half but faded
    Forster-Caskey: 2 terrible
    Lapslie: 6 average
    Morgan: 6 average 
    Field: 5 got better but not fit 
    Aneke: 5
    Bonne: 5
    Quitirna (Junior): 3 
    Referee:3

Ocram: 3
  • Amos: 6
    Wiredu: 5.5
    Oshilaja: 6.5
    Doughty: 6.5
    Forster-Caskey: 4 miles off the pace
    Lapslie: 6
    Morgan: 4
    Field: 3 awful debut he hardly touched the ball in80 mins. 
    Bonne: 4.5. 
    Quitirna (Junior) 5

maybe in a better team some players of these would have done better but after tonight only the centre backs look good enough. 
  • Amos: 5 one good save 
    Wiredu: 5.5 was expecting a bit more
    Oshilaja: 4 inconspicuous 
    Sarr: 6 comfortable game
    Doughty: 6.5 don’t get negatives he’s getting 
    Forster-Caskey: 4.5 tried too hard and lost the plot
    Lapslie: 6 ran his socks off
    Morgan: 4 surprised how poor today
    Field:5 safe pair of hands but not fit
    Aneke:4.5 committed all our fouls I think no movement up front 
    Bonne: 4 agree he’s a Project in progress no movement 
    Quitirna (Junior): 4.5 out of his depth 
    Refere

• Amos: 6 pretty solid during the 90. Unlucky with 1 pen but sold himself too easily on the others 
    Wiredu: 5 think he some way off first team. Not as confident he can step up as I was after pre-season
    Oshilaja: 6 pretty solid.  Smaller than I thought he'd be but think he could be a decent signing
    Sarr: 7 MOM. Solid at the back and one of the biggest threats going forward
    Doughty: 6 got forward well first half but better going that way than backwards
    Forster-Caskey: 5 poor pen and general all performance wasnt great. Can be forgiven as still making his way back from a terrible injury
    Lapslie: 4 huffed and puffed but zero end product
    Morgan: 4 awful game. Not sure he did too much right all game
    Field: 4 looked as Bow said. Short of game time. Passes were rarely forward
    Aneke: 6 a handful and some good touches at times
    Bonne: 6 not an easy night given the service he had
    Quitirna (Junior): 4 not able to get into the game
    Referee: 8 decent. Barring possible Ocran pen thought he got most things right
  • Amos: 6.5
    Wiredu: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 5.5
    Lapslie: 7
    Morgan: 6.5
    Field: 5
    Aneke: 6
    Quitirna (Junior): 5
    Referee: 8
  • edited August 2019
    Amos 7
    Wiredu 3.5 
    Oshilaja 6
    Sarr        5.5 improved in the second half
    Doughty 4.5 better going forward
    Field       4 didn't notice him
    JFC        4 dreadful penalty 
    Morgan 4 anonymous
    Lapslie  4.5 worked hard
    Bonne   4     faded
    Aneke   4

Ocran   5
    Quitirna 3.5 very poor
  • Amos: - 7. Shouted a lot and one very good save. 

Wiredu: 5. Didn’t really impact on the game. I expected more after the preseason hype. 

Oshilaja: 5.5. Looked neat and tidy but he and Naby together in the first half were like complete strangers 

Sarr: 6. Always entertaining. Great penalty. 

Doughty: 6. I thought he did well before tiring. Gait is remarkably similar to Purrington. 

Forster-Caskey: 3. Pitiful to watch. Tried hard but he’s lost whatever it was he had. One of the worst penalties I’ve ever seen. 

Lapslie: 5. Tried ever so hard bless his socks but he’s just not all that good. Got bugger all support which sometimes made him look bad.  

Morgan: 3. Love him but he was utter crap tonight. A huge disappointment. Off on loan y’go my boy. 

Field: 5. Not sure on this showing. Clearly cultured but very sideways and backwards. Rusty so I'll reserve judgement till I see him in a game with proper shape against higher class opposition where I suspect he may look class.

Aneke: 3. I’m not feeling the abundant love I’m afraid. Cart-horse performance culminating in a daft booking. Will be scapegoat material in another couple of games unless he improves. 

Bonne: 7. My MOM. Raw but has something about him and never gave up. I don’t think he’s anywhere near championship quality yet but there is something there. 

Quitirna (Junior): 2. Laughably inept display but to the young lads credit he never hid. Maybe one for the (quite distant) future. 

• Sponsored links:

• I left on 85m, before I lost the will to live, but from what I saw, 5 all round except 0.5 extra for whoever (Sarr?) provided the only bit of light relief with the shot that flattened the ‘keeper. 
    Doughty: 5
    Forster-Caskey: 3
    Lapslie: 5
    Field: 4
    Bonne: 4

• Watched 2nd half on a buffering stream but Junior seemed decent feeding on scraps. Pressed well. We looked rushed rather than high tempo.

Oshilaja: 5.5
    Forster-Caskey: 4
    Field:5
    Aneke:5
    Quitirna (Junior):4.5
    Referee:5
  • Let's be fair to JFC. The injury certainly shwoed tonight. Feel sorry for the boy.

Felt for Albie for the pen.

Aneke will come good.

Field will be good when up to speed.

Chuks will come good. He was decent on Saturday.

Lappo tried hard, loada energy and covered every blade of grass but it didn't happen for him.

Some of the lads like Wiredu, Quitirna need to go out on loan to National League to improve. Albie L1 or L2. Probably Doughty too.

Amos and Sarr were solid.

Ref should have had another pen in stoppage time.
  • Amos: 7 faultless really. 

Wiredu: 4 needs a loan. Too much time on the ball. Too lightweight. 
    Oshilaja: 5 not great 
    Sarr: 7 positive. Won the penalty and unluckily not to score. 
    Doughty: 7 don’t understand all the negativity around him. Other than Sarr, the only player willing to carry the ball forward. Didn’t stop working and won a lot of tackles. He’s a versatile midfielder who can play left back. 

Forster-Caskey: 5 poor penalty. Has come back from injury lightweight and it’s obviously set him back. Glad he got 90 mins though. 
    Lapslie: 4 really poor game by his standards. 
    Morgan: 4 same as Lapslie. Poor game. Needs a loan to a league 1 or 2 side. 
    Field: 5 not match sharp. That was clear... but he does look decent. 

Aneke: 5 looked tired from the 1st minute. I don’t understand why we continued to play the ball on the floor (badly) when you have someone as big and as strong as him up top. Mix it up! 
    Bonne: 5 looked very raw. I hope we sign Hemed. 
    Quitirna (Junior): 4 I watch the U23s quite a bit but haven’t seen this lad play before. Nothing really happened for him in truth. Needs a loan. Needs men’s football. 
    Referee: 4 poor game

• Amos: 6.5
    Oshilaja: 5.5
    Sarr: 7
    Doughty: 5.5
    Morgan: 4
    Field: 4
  • edited August 2019
    Amos: 5 One good save! Didn't even look close to saving a penalty!
    Wiredu: 4 Looked good in pre season, poor game tonight not good enough for Championship!
    Oshilaja: 5 Looked a bit sloppy at times! Definitely going to stay 4th choice CB
    Sarr: 6.5 Only decent player on the pitch!
    Doughty: 5 Some decent touches but doesn't look fit or strong enough for first team.
    Forster-Caskey: 4 Poor penalty! Should have been running the midfield against opponents like this but looked poor for most parts.
    Lapslie: 4 Too many backward passes but when he tried to get the ball forward lacked quality and conviction!
    Morgan: 4 Penalty miss summed up his performance! Not Championship standard, needs the loan move.
    Field: 4 Dreadful debut! Can only get better surely! 
    Aneke: 5 Lack of quality balls in final third didn't help him but looks good in the air, big and strong! Solid 60mins in the legs will do him good.
    Bonne: 4 Pedestrian! Good penalty in otherwise non existent performance.
    Quitirna (Junior): 3 Headless chicken! Too small and lightweight! Looked more like a ball boy who won a raffle to get on the pitch for 10mins! 
    Referee: 5 Poor control of the game let Rovers slow it down too much! 
  • Amos: 7 despite not saving a penalty
    Wiredu:5 faded 
    Oshilaja:5  not match fit.
    Sarr: 7.5 best Cafc player
    Doughty: 6 showed promise but LB ?
    Forster-Caskey:5 nothing came off, poor pen. 
    Lapslie: 5.5 non stop but lack of quality
    Morgan:5 poor game 
    Field:5 needs more games to sharpen up 
    Aneke:5 
    Bonne:5 give the lad time. Should of been given pen in normal time ?
    Quitirna (Junior):4 looked weak.
    Referee:6 not his fault game was like a friendly.

• Amos 7
    Wiredu 6
    Oshilaja 6
    Sarr 7 mom
    Doughty 6.5
    Forster caskey 5.5
    Lapslie 5.5
    Morgan 5
    Field 5
    Aneke 5
    Bonne 5

Quitirna 4

Ref 6
  • Sponsored links:

• Amos:  7
    Wiredu:  5
    Oshilaja:  6
    Sarr:  7.5
    Doughty:  6
    Forster-Caskey:  6
    Lapslie:  5
    Morgan:  5
    Field:  5
    Aneke:  5
    Bonne:  5
    Quitirna (Junior):  5
    Referee:  7
  • Amos: 6 worrried me crosses, but pulled off a good save. very poor for the penalties.
    Wiredu: 5 not ready for the first team 
    Oshilaja: 4 beaten to easily and passing very poor.
    Sarr: 7 solid at the back and became are best midfielder by default in 2nd half.
    Doughty:  6 good going forward, needs to read the game/ moment better, if he goes out on loan will do well.
    Forster-Caskey: 5 Disappointing allround, will struggle to get a first team start if does not improve.
    Lapslie: 6 Worked hard, better defending than going forward last night.
    Morgan: 4 poor, did not seem to have the pace of the game at all and passing poor.
    Field: 4, I hope what we saw last nigt was him being match rusty and not why he was loaned out. 
    Aneke: 5 was not supplied well enough and had to come very deep for the ball to often, long runs not him.
    Bonne:  5 , he should have taken the penaltyin the second half.
    Quitirna  4 (Junior): too young for the first team.
  • edited August 2019
    Amos: 6.5 
    Wiredu: 5.5 not ready, tired
    Oshilaja: 6.5 did OK, terrible shot 
    Sarr: 7.5 
    Doughty: 6.5 tried, made mistakes but tried to make up for them
    Forster-Caskey:  4 clearly not fully fit, poor penalty
    Lapslie: 6.5 ran around a lot in that Tigger-ish way, but no one showed for him
    Morgan: 5.5 
    Field: 5 fairly anonymous
    Bonne: 4.5 extra for the way he smashed in the penalty in the shoot out. Not ready but deserves time
    Quitirna (Junior): 4.5 looked impressive to start but faded
    Referee: 7 game flowed as well as it could given how our players had only just met each other

Bowyer: 2  11 changes was too many
    Me: -9.5 for being stupid enough to go to a Charlton cup game

• Amos: 7.5 Couple of decent stops and had to be quick off his line a few times but not a lot else to do.  
    Wiredu: 6 Faded and didn't see a lot of the ball in 2nd half.  I think he's more of a winger than a full back
    Oshilaja: 6.5 Sam Sodje is that you?  Some good stuff and some bad stuff.
    Sarr:  6.5 Not sure why Bowyer heaped praise on him as he seemed cumbersome to me.
    Doughty: 7.5 My MOM.  Got forward well, decent left foot and tried to make stuff happen.  Got dragged out of position a couple of times though
    Forster-Caskey: 6 Not fit.  Crap penalty.
    Lapslie: 6.5 Lots of energy and running.  Not a lot of creativity
    Morgan: 6 Disappointing
    Field:5.5 Long way to go. 
    Aneke:5.5 Looks to me like he is carrying a bit of timber
    Bonne: 5.5 Very long way to go.  Eager and willing but not yet sure there's enough ability in there
    Quitirna (Junior):6 Eager beaver.  Started bright but gave the ball away a couple of times and looked a bit lost
    Referee: 7 Decent

Disappointing night.  Formation was all over the place.  Players had the chance to impress and didn't take the opportunity.

I'm not in the slightest bit fussed about the cup exit - but I am concerned about squad depth.  We desperately need additional striking options as the only striker currently is Taylor.  Bonne is nowhere near ready.  Aneke needs to shift some timber and get fitter.  JFC looks disinterested and I suspect the loan signings have just pushed him down the pecking order.  Field was completely anonymous - looks a bit shy.

Amos and Doughty probably the only reasons to be cheerful
  • Swisdom said:

Amos: 7.5 Couple of decent stops and had to be quick off his line a few times but not a lot else to do.  
    Wiredu: 6 Faded and didn't see a lot of the ball in 2nd half.  I think he's more of a winger than a full back
    Sarr:  6.5 Not sure why Bowyer heaped praise on him as he seemed cumbersome to me.
    Doughty: 7.5 My MOM.  Got forward well, decent left foot and tried to make stuff happen.  Got dragged out of position a couple of times though
    Bonne: 5.5 Very long way to go.  Eager and willing but not yet sure there's enough ability in there
    Quitirna (Junior):6 Eager beaver.  Started bright but gave the ball away a couple of times and looked a bit lost

Disappointing night.  Formation was all over the place.  Players had the chance to impress and didn't take the opportunity.

I'm not in the slightest bit fussed about the cup exit - but I am concerned about squad depth.  We desperately need additional striking options as the only striker currently is Taylor.  Bonne is nowhere near ready.  Aneke needs to shift some timber and get fitter.  JFC looks disinterested and I suspect the loan signings have just pushed him down the pecking order.  Field was completely anonymous - looks a bit shy.

I thought Doughty was very poor defensively and looked a bit of a liability - very poor positioning. Okay going forward but looked out of his depth as did Wiredu. A decent side would rip them to shreds.

Hard to judge Bonne based on the lack of service.
  • Swisdom said:

Amos: 7.5 Couple of decent stops and had to be quick off his line a few times but not a lot else to do.  

I thought Doughty was very poor defensively and looked a bit of a liability - very poor positioning. Okay going forward but looked out of his depth as did Wiredu. A decent side would rip them to shreds.

Doughty is not a left back - he's a midfielder who was filling in for Page.  On that basis I was reasonably impressed with his workrate, first touch and passing (these are the minimum traits I expect to see).  He's obviously got a lot to learn positionally but I thought he was ok.  Same with Wiredu - he's a midfielder not a full back but he was less impressive on the night.

Bonne reminded me a bit of a Steve Jones / Martin Pringle hybrid.  Willing runner and a tryer....but not a lot else
    Sarr: 7
    Doughty: 7.5
    Lapslie: 7
    Field: 6
    Aneke: 3
    Bonne: 4
    Quitirna (Junior): 3
  • Swisdom said:
    Swisdom said:

Doughty is not a left back - he's a midfielder who was filling in for Page.  On that basis I was reasonably impressed with his workrate, first touch and passing (these are the minimum traits I expect to see).  He's obviously got a lot to learn positionally but I thought he was ok.  Same with Wiredu - he's a midfielder not a full back but he was less impressive on the night.

Bonne reminded me a bit of a Steve Jones / Martin Pringle hybrid.  Willing runner and a tryer....but not a lot else
    Do we not have any full backs? I thought Doughty is seen as a defender - listed as a defender on the club website.

We're very short in cover with Page permanently injured and Dijksteel sold.
  • Amos: -7
    Wiredu: -6.5 
    Oshilaja -5: 
    Sarr: -6
    Doughty: 7
    Forster-Caskey: 5
    Lapslie: -3
    Morgan: -3 
    Field: -5
    Aneke: -4
    Bonne: -6 
    Quitirna (Junior): -5