Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Reliable Car Mechanic - Medway area

Anyone know of a reliable decent car mechanic in the Medway area? My missus' car is having problems, doesn't like to start, or just conks out, plus has a warning light on. Battery is pretty new so it's not that. I know nothing about cars, but she needs it every day so wondering if anyone knows of a place that is reliable that we could take it to. There are loads of garages here but no idea if they are trustworthy, or of the Kwik-Fit variety. 

Comments

• Great little garage down here (Minster on sea) very reliable, reasonably priced. A bit further than you wanted but recommended.
  • T_C_E said:
    Great little garage down here (Minster on sea) very reliable, reasonably priced. A bit further than you wanted but recommended.
    Thanks, but I don't think the car would make it that far.
  • Kings Hill Garage too far?
  • I use Lordswood motorists centre. Not a bad garage. Normally busy (which I think is a sign of how good they are). 
  • I always use F1 Autocentre (they've ones in Maidstone (by Rochester Airport) and Strood - Found them to be extremely reasonably priced and in the past will tend to only do work on the car thats required rather than bull shit you

i.e. Wife has just had a full service at Strood branch; had taken her car to Kia who told her all brakes / tyres and clutch needed replacing - Took it to F1 who advised that the clutch was fine and that only one tyre needed work
  • I always use F1 Autocentre (they've ones in Maidstone (by Rochester Airport) and Strood - Found them to be extremely reasonably priced and in the past will tend to only do work on the car thats required rather than bull shit you

i.e. Wife has just had a full service at Strood branch; had taken her car to Kia who told her all brakes / tyres and clutch needed replacing - Took it to F1 who advised that the clutch was fine and that only one tyre needed work
    Don't take your car there, they are crooks and complete cowboys. I'm glad they haven't ripped you off but I promise you they have done to a lot of people and tried it once with me which is enough to never ever go there again. 
  • https://www.bowerlane-tyres.co.uk/

If you can make it to Maidstone, I highly recommend these guys
  • I always take mine to fairview garage in Wigmore, mainly because I’m local but also because I trust them not to rip me off 
  • Rob7Lee said:
    Kings Hill Garage too far?

Think I'd have the same issue with getting there unfortunately. Thanks everyone for the suggestions. 

• Sponsored links:

• cafckev said:
    I use Lordswood motorists centre. Not a bad garage. Normally busy (which I think is a sign of how good they are). 
    My wife had some work done there a couple of weeks back on the recommendation of the partner of one of my daughters and they did a decent job for her.
  • I always take mine to fairview garage in Wigmore, mainly because I’m local but also because I trust them not to rip me off 
    How local being nosy?
  • Anyone know of a reliable decent car mechanic in the Medway area? My missus' car is having problems, doesn't like to start, or just conks out, plus has a warning light on. Battery is pretty new so it's not that. I know nothing about cars, but she needs it every day so wondering if anyone knows of a place that is reliable that we could take it to. There are loads of garages here but no idea if they are trustworthy, or of the Kwik-Fit variety. 

I've left something on your wall, made a pig's arse of sending a pm
  • Always used JD autos for about fifteen years never stitched me up. He is up at Bluebell hill nice guy.  01634 686087