Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Minimum Wage in Football

Come on RD, being a "progressive liberal" and leader of Vivant (roughly translated means short arms, deep pocketswho formed an alliance in 2004, with the Flemish Liberals and Democrats, you must be all over this? -

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-49288182

Comments

• ....well done Luton Town by the way
  • I'd love to know what the mean average gender wage gap is in football and what's being done to address it.

I'm sure it's even more skewed than the completely transparent and fairly reported mean average in other industries.

• Meire was asked to sign Charlton up to the London living wage and refused.

• Sounds about right
  • Meire was asked to sign Charlton up to the London living wage and refused.

no surprise there
  • Last season, Man U's average player salary was £7.1m, as an example 
  • I agree in theory but surely it’s down to job title and duties.

I get the frustration that your cleaning out toilets for £8.50 an hour whilst a footballer is earning a lot more than that whilst having his morning dump, but another cleaner down the right at McDonald’s isn’t earning anymore. 
  • I'd love to know what the mean average gender wage gap is in football and what's being done to address it.

I'm sure it's even more skewed than the completely transparent and fairly reported mean average in other industries.

It's not really a fair analysis. The highest paid people at any club will be men. I guess you'd have to exclude them and then see, but that data doesn't prove anything anyway
  • I agree in theory but surely it’s down to job title and duties.

I get the frustration that your cleaning out toilets for £8.50 an hour whilst a footballer is earning a lot more than that whilst having his morning dump, but another cleaner down the right at McDonald’s isn’t earning anymore. 
    It just means that working directly for a Premier League football club would pay better than working at McDonalds. If every McD's had 20 odd burger flippers on £7m a year, I think there would be a call for the cleaners to be getting a better wage. 
  • The big clubs can afford to do this - even if just for the PR. Will cost them nothing.
  • Sponsored links:

• Last season, Man U's average player salary was £7.1m, as an example 

It's absolutely disgusting that Brenda in the club shop is getting paid £7,080,000 less than an average footballer!!
  • She could be getting £7,075,000 less than the average footballer

Don't get the hump, moosh, just because Tracy in the Wall Club shop gets more than your average player 

;)
  • She could be getting £7,075,000 less than the average footballer

Don't get the hump, moosh, just because Tracy in the Wall Club shop gets more than your average player 

;)

It's 'Trace', if you don't mind ;)

• Appalling for top Premier League not to do this. I wonder how much it would actually cost ManUre or Mancity to comply with this? 
    Harder for loss making EFL clubs to comply. 
  • My brother in law works for BHA on their grounds keeping team and although I'm not sure what sort of money he's on, I know they certainly look after their staff and their families. I think that overall, they got a great set up down there
  • edited August 2019
    No excuse for PL clubs to do this. Though to be fair, as all the income they earn basically goes to the players, maybe they should take a tiny pay cut to fund it themselves!
  • redman said:
    Appalling for top Premier League not to do this. I wonder how much it would actually cost ManUre or Mancity to comply with this? 
    Harder for loss making EFL clubs to comply. 
    IMHO there’s no excuse for *any* employer - not least a professional football club not to pay their staff at least the figure calculated by the Living Wage Foundation.